Speculation: Райан О'Рейли: Here's my number, so call me maybe; Rayan's IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
My problem is that this team drafts enigmatic talents like Stewart and Wolski, and then is all shocked when that talent ends up being enigmatic. Am I mad the Avs traded Wolski? No, but with Stewart it was like they got all pissed off because he reportedly partied a little while recovering from a major injury. Oh well...these are young professional athletes seeing a lot of money, sometimes they're going to act up. So long as they don't pull the kinds of shenanigans you see in the NFL/NBA, I don't see a problem with it.

If you're going to have a drunk guy on your team, it better be Jones!

But really, Philly traded both Richards and Carter after some "partying" and God knows those two losers will never win a Stanley Cup!

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Seriously, has there really been even ONE holdout where it's like "oh yeah, you were holding out and, in the end, YOU were right, you deserved much more"...has that EVER happened??

God knows that that loser Drew Doughty will NEVER win a Stanley Cup!!!!

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't buy that Avs out of the blue decide to insult O'Reilly. I think it's more likely that during exchanges where O'Reilly's agent tried to pump his tires and Avs tries to deflate them, O'Reilly took it personal instead of as business.

I have no idea why his agent didn't protect him, if he's this sensitive.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
I don't really care who did what, who said what and who wants what. I want someone, anyone involved in this process to be the bigger man, reach out to the other side and say "Look, what's done is done, what's said is said. We all want the same thing here, so let's let bygones be bygones and get this done." Would that be so damn hard?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't really care who did what, who said what and who wants what. I want someone, anyone involved in this process to be the bigger man, reach out to the other side and say "Look, what's done is done, what's said is said. We all want the same thing here, so let's let bygones be bygones and get this done." Would that be so damn hard?

So I did a google picture search for "male ego" to reply, but the first hit I got made me abandon the idea.

Wtf google.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002

"Ok, that's great, but what is your offer again??? I'll forget everything and i'll forgive anything, but i still need a better offer than the last one" - Mark Guy

Dalfan

Sep 17, 2011
"Ok, that's great, but what is your offer again??? I'll forget everything and i'll forgive anything, but i still need a better offer than the last one" - Mark Guy

Then sign him at 4M for 2 years.

The problem I have with all of this is Jones is getting payed 4M and that is what seems to be keeping us from signing O'Reilly. We have plenty of cap space but we use it on drunks like Jones.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Then sign him at 4M for 2 years.

The problem I have with all of this is Jones is getting payed 4M and that is what seems to be keeping us from signing O'Reilly. We have plenty of cap space but we use it on drunks like Jones.

Jones was going to get at least 4m one way or the other. It's possible that he could have gotten more than 4m on the UFA market (not much more, but maybe a little more).

But (perceived) goal scorers will fetch a premium on the open market.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Michael Russo
‏@Russostrib
#penguins GM Ray Shero is in Minnesota scouting tonight's #mnwild #avalanche game. Pens looking for top-6 winger

this frightens me. the Pens are a horrible trading partner. their picks suck and outside of Bennett none of their prospects really scream potential top tier talent.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
this frightens me. the Pens are a horrible trading partner. their picks suck and outside of Bennett none of their prospects really scream potential top tier talent.

We've got no Top-6 Wingers that we'd realistically trade and that Pittsburgh would realistically be looking to acquire.

I think it's more likely that they were looking at someone from Minnesota.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002

What are you afraid of... we should take anything we can for Jones!

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I can't see Pens trading for O'Reilly. They are in a perfect situation with Crosby-Malkin-Sutter down the middle. They need wingers, not O'Reilly.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I can't see Pens trading for O'Reilly. They are in a perfect situation with Crosby-Malkin-Sutter down the middle. They need wingers, not O'Reilly.

Yup and it's probably more on the Wild's side.

Setoguchi for a defenseman? I understand that Wild is lacking goals, but their main weakness is still defense.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Pens would be a great trade parter since they have a ton of defenseman prospect. But I guess they were looking at Setoguchi. If anyone on our team it would most likely have been McGinn I guess. No way they would take Jones and his ugly contract.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Why are you guys even talking about the Pens? O'Reilly is going to the Leafs. It's a done deal. Leafs fans told me on the trade board.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pens would be a great trade parter since they have a ton of defenseman prospect. But I guess they were looking at Setoguchi. If anyone on our team it would most likely have been McGinn I guess. No way they would take Jones and his ugly contract.

Jones for Martin?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Why are you guys even talking about the Pens? O'Reilly is going to the Leafs. It's a done deal. Leafs fans told me on the trade board.

It's true

tumblr_lsqiq3U3pW1qgdqcpo1_500.jpg

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

I actually believe that they are heavily involved in the ROR sweepstakes. Probably even the front runner. It just makes way too much sense. ROR is the prototypical Carlisle player and they have nothing through the middle and are very deep at D.

I have read numerous rumors now about them going hard after ROR.

I just can not figure out what we could get from them in return.

I figure that we won't be happy with the deal if he goes to TOR...

EDIT: Ugh. Hell no. I just realized that Kulemin was drafted in the 2006 draft.

Oh my goodness. I am really scared right now..

Last edited:

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
One of the Leafs "trade board informants" (can't say who) says that the Leafs have an offer sheet already prepared for him. The tweets that people couldn't figure out about tonight's Leafs game having an effect presumably are about figuring out whether they can go without the 1st round pick or not.

EDIT: Nevermind not saying who. He just posted it in the trade thread on the main board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad