Speculation: Райан О'Рейли: Here's my number, so call me maybe; Rayan's IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Initiate crazyness.

Bob and Dreger from their sources say ROR asked for a trade and Avs will only trade him to an Eastern team. Says Avs are looking for a high prospect and roster player.

Avs or ROR sides have not confirmed or denied anything just yet.

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
People here can keep saying the Avs have offered him a fair deal all they want, he'll be well worth whatever deal he signs with his new team and the Avs will end up looking like idiots. Stubborn, arrogant, and cheap ass ****ers setting this team even further back.
So it doesn't go both ways? Please...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

What goes both ways? That O'Reilly and his people are also stubborn and arrogant?

That might be the case but this deal should have been done a long time ago. I think it's ridiculous if the Avs decided early on that O'Reilly can't get more than what Duchene signed for. I think it is a pretty fair offer but it's dumb that they won't budge at all. That's fine if you disagree.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

In which way? The Avs will be better off saving 500,00? It is the principle that counts? No it doesn't. The product on the ice is what counts and as soon as they trade him, the product will be worse.

As it was pointed out earlier, it is comical that Sherman is now going to have to try and sell ROR for the same reasons his agent was to other teams. This take it or leave it approach is ****ing Pejorative Slured. If the NHL and NHLPA had the same negotiating skills we would still be waiting for hockey to come back.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
What goes both ways? That O'Reilly and his people are also stubborn and arrogant?

That might be the case but this deal should have been done a long time ago. I think it's ridiculous if the Avs decided early on that O'Reilly can't get more than what Duchene signed for. I think it is a pretty fair offer but it's dumb that they won't budge at all. That's fine if you disagree.

I think at this point it's obvious that this is about more than just money. Something poisoned the well with ROR and the Avs front office.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So contract talks have gone nowhere, O'Reilly may have asked for a trade, the Avs are now shopping him, and apparently they're only looking to trade him to teams in the East.

Good luck getting a good roster player and a top prospect in return. You can always hope a team gets desperate but the other GMs aren't stupid. They see what's going on here.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Here is one situation to think about.

Robin van Persie is a top 5 striker in the world (Playing more like a top 3 currently). He wanted to leave Arsenal before the season commenced with Wenger (manager) having two options,

1) Sell him for less amount of money to teams in other leagues, or
2) Sell him for overpayment to a rival team in the same league.

In the end Wenger sold him to Manchester United for overpayment in their parts and I would consider it a solid deal because we have the money to buy younger players with loads of potential to replace him. So the situation is if there is a better deal by a Western team, do we decide to take that or ship him off to the East for less amount?

(The story stops there, but Wenger hates spending 25-50 million pounds on a player so we will keep that money locked away deep within the Knights Templar treasure, located under Wenger's house.)

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
As we discussed in Insider Trading initial trade talk has Colorado requesting a roster player and top prospect for O'Reilly. #TSN

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
So contract talks have gone nowhere, O'Reilly may have asked for a trade, the Avs are now shopping him, and apparently they're only looking to trade him to teams in the East.

Good luck getting a good roster player and a 2nd round pick in return. You can always hope a team gets desperate but the other GMs aren't stupid. They see what's going on here.

Fixed

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think at this point it's obvious that this is about more than just money. Something poisoned the well with ROR and the Avs front office.

Maybe. We have no idea of knowing for sure but it usually comes down to money. If he had gotten paid and the negotiations didn't get sour, I doubt he would want out.

The worst part about all this is that it looks like they picked Stastny over him.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Here is one situation to think about.

Robin van Persie is a top 5 striker in the world. Playing more like a top 3 currently. He wanted to leave Arsenal before the season commenced with Wenger (manager) had two options,

1) Sell him for less amount of money to teams in other leagues, or
2) Sell him for overpayment to a rival team in the same league.

In the end Wenger sold him to Manchester United for overpayment in their parts and I would consider it a solid deal because we have the money to buy younger players with loads of potential to replace him. (The story stops there, but Wenger hates spending 25-50 million pounds on a player so we will keep that money locked away deep within the Knights Templar treasure, located under Wenger's house.)

Different situation. In soccer you can not "trade" players.
RVP wanted to go to ManU so he ultimately ended up there. There were really no "lesser teams" he could have ended up with.

And they got a bucket load of cash in return (Kroenke prefers that to 10 1sts I guess)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
... Arsenal aren't going to make the CL this year because of it. The similarities between the 2 teams are alarming.

NHL33*

Arsenal will probably make the CL anyway because of Wenger -- despite their fans calling him senile -- but that's neither here nor there. It's a bad comparison given the sports follow completely different business models.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
My personal preference would be to forget about roster player. This season is done anyway. Might as well let whatever kids we have available show what they can do. Look for a prospect/rookie with as high upside as possible.

Johansen
Galchenyuk
Huberdeau or Bjugstad+
Strome

I'm sure there are others. Even out the trade with minor picks/NHLers as necessary. Diluting it into Dubinsky+Erixon type assets is not something I would prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad