GDT: Zykov vs McDavid

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
So who's gonna start the bandwagon draft thread, I'm ready to follow a new team.
I'm in "**** that" territory when it comes to that even. Nashville and Vegas are the only two teams I want to see do well from here out... aside from the teams that are behind us in the standings.

Pretty much this. I can’t even be assed to care about the playoffs at this point. I guess I’ll bandwagon Vegas, but I just don’t have it in me to actively cheer for anybody at this point.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
I'm in "**** that" territory when it comes to that even. Nashville and Vegas are the only two teams I want to see do well from here out... aside from the teams that are behind us in the standings.
I'm rooting for vegas anyways, they have shown you can be successful with a great coach and system instead the usual tank for high picks mentality everyone else has.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I may be misremembering but I feel like the first 15-20 games or so it wasn't so obviously in his head. That game against NY where peters never pulled him when he obviously needed it (and then the one against Toronto like a few days later) I think destroyed his confidence. He was always a flailer but was managing to keep it to 3 ish goals against. After that he was broken

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm firmly into that territory when it comes to the team going forward. Even with Dundon, this team has to prove its worth the investment anymore. This whole season is such a massive cluster it's hard to have any faith whatsoever.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I kind of feel bad for the guy....

I really don't, **** him

It’s his job and he’s awful at it, making $4 million this year to boot. I don’t feel bad for him one bit

He does seem like a great guy that, for whatever reason, just has been unable to find his game in Carolina.

We should suspend him if he's not seeing a sports psychologist and an optometrist on a weekly basis.

I feel bad for Darling in the sense that you hate to watch anyone perform at such a low level in their chosen profession, night in and night out. However, Darling gets paid $4m per year for the next three years. As long as he's smart with it, he will be set for life. So in that sense, I don't feel bad for him, because he's getting his paper and ****ing up our team.

This isn't on Darling. It's obvious to everyone that Darling just doesn't have it. But for some reason, the team did *absolutely nothing* to attempt to fix whatever is going on and just continued to throw him out there. There was no attempt to send him down. No attempt to scratch him. No attempt to even start Ward for a few weeks and have Darling watch from the bench. They just kept playing him, as if there was nothing wrong.

You just can't bury your head in the sand and make believe everything is OK and keep running the guy out there.

Darling showed he was in over his head very early in the season. By January, he still didn't have anything figured out. Blaming him for playing the same way in March is silly. We *knew* this. It's on the team for continuing to use him.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Scott Darling made me turn off the game and watch "Breakfast at Tiffany's" with my wife.

vkJhuGi.png

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
I may be misremembering but I feel like the first 15-20 games or so it wasn't so obviously in his head. That game against NY where peters never pulled him when he obviously needed it (and then the one against Toronto like a few days later) I think destroyed his confidence. He was always a flailer but was managing to keep it to 3 ish goals against. After that he was broken

Let's be honest here.... Any luck this guy had at the NHL level was just a horse shoe up his ass.

He doesn't have the athletic ability, style, or the mental composition to be a successful goalie long term in the NHL

Prove me wrong Scott Darling....

Prove me wrong.....

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This team and the coach pretty much mailed it in from the beginning. As soon as Darling let in a few goals, the coach left him in signalling to the rest of the team that this game was a throw-away. Hard to complain about the "compete level", when it's clear that the coach is throwing in the towel as well. Not a big deal though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad