GDT: Zykov vs McDavid

UNCCHcane

Nov 26, 2008
I feel bad for Darling in the sense that you hate to watch anyone perform at such a low level in their chosen profession, night in and night out. However, Darling gets paid $4m per year for the next three years. As long as he's smart with it, he will be set for life. So in that sense, I don't feel bad for him, because he's getting his paper and f***ing up our team.

Justshootmore

Mar 13, 2018
I kind of feel bad for the guy....

Yeah, kinda feel the same. He is just not good enough, but it's not like he is doing it on purpose. But people hating him and insulting him does not help either. I am pretty sure he knows himself that he has a horrible year, he is probably feeling bad even without having angry fans calling him names.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
This season could finally end properly with the **** hitting the fan. Rock bottom time. No more meaningless win streaks. I just hope Dundon has the fortitude for it, and makes smart decisions.

Times like tonight I'm still pissed that they went on that meaningless winning streak in March 3 years ago and lost out on McDavid/Eichel.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
This season could finally end properly with the **** hitting the fan. Rock bottom time. No more meaningless win streaks. I just hope Dundon has the fortitude for it, and makes smart decisions.
The fortitude I'm not worried about, it's the smart decisions I'm worried about. It should be obvious to anyone that knows hockey which players are in a rut because they're on a shit team and which ones need to go (Darling, Darling, Darling, Ryan, and Darling is the top 5 in order).

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
The fortitude I'm not worried about, it's the smart decisions I'm worried about. It should be obvious to anyone that knows hockey which players are in a rut because they're on a **** team and which ones need to go (Darling, Darling, Darling, Ryan, and Darling is the top 5 in order).

If he doesn't know Darling is a loser and needs to go, then god rest our souls.

UNCCHcane

Nov 26, 2008
The fortitude I'm not worried about, it's the smart decisions I'm worried about. It should be obvious to anyone that knows hockey which players are in a rut because they're on a **** team and which ones need to go (Darling, Darling, Darling, Ryan, and Darling is the top 5 in order).

I agree with this, but my concern is that there are players in a rut because they're on a shit team but because they've only ever known shit teams they can't pull themselves out of that rut. I'm supremely worried that a big teardown is going to be necessary to change the culture. Not that these guys don't want to win - I just can't help but think they've forgotten how to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad