Injury Report: Zetterberg Back Dec. 28 (Post 255)

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I'd like Hank to skip the Olympics this year, but I know that's not happening.

NyquistIsMyGod*

I am not surprised. They need to get a center up here.

Which one though? Probably need some scoring help, which likely won't happen with Riley Sheahan, etc. Tomas Jurco could come up, and Johan Franzen could go back to the middle. You could roll with something like this assuming Helm isn't good to call for a week or so.

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Abdelkader-Franzen-Nyquist
Jurco-Andersson-Tatar
Miller-Emmerton-Cleary

I was hoping the fact that was not placed on it right away meaning there was hope for it to be around 2-3 weeks. Maybe the timing is for DeKeyser getting off, and more time with cap space before a move is needed.

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
It's really a shame because Z was having a brilliant year. Not saying that people underestimate him... but he was right up there with the top 3 in points, while still being absolutely defensively responsible. All talk and considerations will go to the usual suspects.

Regardless, hope he gets well soon, but doesn't rush back.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
LTIR simply means 10 game smissed or 21 days missed right?

well since its day 9 since he stopped playing and he has missed four games with the original timeline being at least two weeks(14 days) I think the plan was/is to not bring him back before xmas to reduce risk of further injury and to promote more healing while also saving on cap space

how much does zetterberg save us being on LTIR for 21 days?

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Yeah this is awful. If things don't turn around we'll definitely be out of playoff contention without Z.

Silver lining though, what an epic 24/7 story line it could be if he came back right before the big game.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Also, is it too soon to blame that guy who made the 'Easy December Schedule' thread? What a jynx. The hockey gods frown upon us.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Wow things get interesting now. Jurco is my bet with Franzen moved to center, Emmerton goes back down but who knows for sure

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Said this should have been done the day they announced he wouldn't practice for two weeks, we were basically hoping he could play one game in the time period as it was. Hopefully we recoup the upwards of what 30,000 dollars a day that would have meant to our cap for the last 9 days.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Wow things get interesting now. Jurco is my bet with Franzen moved to center, Emmerton goes back down but who knows for sure

Jurco would be a treat to watch. He hasn't missed a beat from last year playoffs so far it seems.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Jurco would be a treat to watch. He hasn't missed a beat from last year playoffs so far it seems.

No he hasnt. The wings need scoring and hes the best option for that from Grand Rapids.

Bert Pav Nyquist
Alfie Mule Abby
Tatar Andersson Jurco
Miller Glendening Sammy

Thats what I would roll with. That third line can get sheltered a bit and provide some scoring punch

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
44-13-11
Jurco - 93 - 14
8 - Sheahan - 21
20 - 18 - Callahan

Every 'rookie' has two 'veteran' presences so Babcock doesn't **** his pants the whole game

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
44-13-11
Jurco - 93 - 14
8 - Sheahan - 21
20 - 18 - Callahan

Every 'rookie' has two 'veteran' presences so Babcock doesn't **** his pants the whole game

Are we calling Nyquist, Andersson and Tatar vets? Don't hate the lines, just not really how I would describe that even if they are all playing well.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Are we calling Nyquist, Andersson and Tatar vets? Don't hate the lines, just not really how I would describe that even if they are all playing well.
I'm using 'veterans' quite loosely. I would argue that Nyquist is already displaying veteran leadership and work ethic with his play on the ice, however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad