When was the last time you cried because of a playoff loss?

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
When the Leafs choked a 3 goal lead in game 7 vs Boston.

Shit had me dying laughing.
Like this?
source.gif

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Playoff loss?

2019 elimination game against Boston in ECF. Had been so long since we'd been able to experience playoff hockey (10 years) and the realization it was all over and, at least at that time, complete uncertainty on when we'd be able to experience something like that again...Sitting there in the arena as the seconds ticked down, it all hit me at once.

To be fair, that was only a few months after our first kid was born, and that first year it was like it dragged emotions out of me that I didn't know existed.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
A few walled off people in this thread, afraid of emotion. Passion for a game - or a band, or a movie franchise - runs a lot deeper than just the thing itself. It’s about the people you share that experience with. The rituals you build with them. All that extra, amazing stuff.

I’m not a Habs fan per se. But if they win a Cup, I’ll be in my feelings because my wife’s grandmother - who had stories about the Richard riots and was just an awesome person to share time with - would’ve loved it.

I mean, crying over a perceived blown call by a ref… fine. Not good. But deep feelings built out of shared experience is one of the great things that sports gives us.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
2011. I was 14, and a very emotionally-disregulated ADHD child. I think I grasped, even then, that was maybe as close as we'd ever get in my lifetime

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don't think I ever have. I think the only loss that I cried over was Team Canada at the Nagano Olympics, but I was like 9 and had a brutal flu on top of it.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
When Jeremy Roenick scored the OT winner in Game 6 of Round 2 against the Leafs in 2004. I was 10 years old.

The Leafs wouldn't make the playoffs for another 9 years or win a series for another 19. If I had known what a joke the franchise would become over that time I probably would have cried a little harder.

• Haha
Reactions: Svenhart2008

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
When Brad May scored that backbreaking OT goal in Gm 4 of the 1993 playoffs to sweep the Bruins, some 12 year old boy in the hockey universe, Bedford Massachusetts to be exact, was on his sofa crying in frustration. That boy was me.

We had, I believe, the second most points in the NHL that year and I thought we were going to smack Buffalo around for a little bit before we advanced to the next round but that was not to be as it was Buffalo that completely outplayed us all four games and of all people it was Brad May to plunge the dagger in for the killer blow.

Hockey was like life and death for me back then. We had quite a bit of crippling losses back then but that was the last time I cried as an NHL fan.

Anybody else have a similar time of despair as kid? If you were a stoic child then major kudos to you.
Only time was When Buffalo beat Montreal in playoff game 1973. I was 8, couldn't imagine Habs losing.

Reactions: NeelyWasAWarrior

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If you cry for a playoff loss then you need to get things in order. The joy of a win is temporary, the glory of Rome is eternal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad