Zegras or Wright

Zegras or Wright

• Total voters

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
The one thing no one is considering is that Zegras is still really young and hasn't even played a season's worth of games in the NHL. I mean, he is definitely playing great right now as a 1C on a much better than expected team, but who knows if he econtinues over the rest of the year (let alone the next decade) as defenses start playing him tighter / teams start taking the Ducks more seriously. Plenty of examples of young superstars who fall back after flashes of early brilliance (looking at you, Elias Petterson).

I'm not saying Wright's a guaranteed superstar, he's not. But neither is Zegras. That said I'd love to have either one on my team, but as an AZ fan I'd rather take Wright, our team will still be terrible for at least few more years so I'd much prefer the younger player. Plus if Zegras tried a Michigan in AZ who would he pass to, Travis Boyd? Would be laughable on top of the other laughable stuff going on w our franchise

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Z has more upside than Wright and we already see his floor now. Why are people bringing up where they were drafted lmfao. All we now right now is Zegras is a near PPG center playing against shutdown lines and pairings nightly... He literally turned Milano into a 70 point player and is just scratching the surface.

Zegras is everything you want in a player both on the ice and off.

Watch some Anaheim games my man. I know there late but any game you watch I guarantee you'll see something amazing.

Is that where we can see a 70 point player, after 27 games that is actually only on pace for 64 points?

Or is it where we can see near PPG Zegras, who also isn’t even pacing for 70 points?

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Is that where we can see a 70 point player, after 27 games that is actually only on pace for 64 points?

Or is it where we can see near PPG Zegras, who also isn’t even pacing for 70 points?
He puts the puck between his legs with nobody around him and had a really cool assist just stop dude!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He puts the puck between his legs with nobody around him and had a really cool assist just stop dude!

starting to give Red Sea vibes over here bud

if you think that’s all zegras is, then you are either jealous/sad that he isn’t on your team, or have only watched clips on YouTube… and never really bothered to check him out

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

if you think that’s all zegras is, then you are either jealous/sad that he isn’t on your team, or have only watched clips on YouTube… and never really bothered to check him out
You don't remember him in the jack eichel threads? Lol I learned there to not take him seriously.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Ya but i believe the experts would be a lot more correct than you are.
So if/when the experts change their opinion on Wright, will yours change too? After all, you believe "the experts would be a lot more correct than you".

Would be strange to hold an opinion which you believe is probably wrong.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
You don't remember him in the jack eichel threads? Lol I learned there to not take him seriously.
Stop grossly inflating and exaggerating stats of your players if you want to be taken seriously.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
It's so weird to see people throw out the "AINEC" comments on a thread comparing 2 players that are 3 years apart in development. A little 10-15 game hot streak takes you from bust to generational on here.

Reactions: PainForShane

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018

It was actually a slight to you and 1 certain other poster in here and every other thread on the forums pumping his tires everywhere you go, not actually about Trevor himself. I think the self awareness of you quoting speaks for itself, my work is done sir

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It was actually a slight to you and 1 certain other poster in here and every other thread on the forums pumping his tires everywhere you go, not actually about Trevor himself. I think the self awareness of you quoting speaks for itself, my work is done sir
Obsession is real

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
Stop grossly inflating and exaggerating stats of your players if you want to be taken seriously.
That's a huge stretch. Zegras' PPG pace is 68.33. Please tell me how saying he's on a 70 point pace is grossly inflating stats.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
That's a huge stretch. Zegras' PPG pace is 68.33. Please tell me how saying he's on a 70 point pace is grossly inflating stats.
He said he was “near PPG” not 70 point pace. He also claimed Milano was a “70 point player” after like 27 games of being on a 64 point pace.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So if/when the experts change their opinion on Wright, will yours change too? After all, you believe "the experts would be a lot more correct than you".

Would be strange to hold an opinion which you believe is probably wrong.

Opinions can change over night it seems so if experts come out and change their opinion and stats which makes sense it might than open my eyes up a little more unlike some who have them closed in this thread.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Opinions can change over night it seems so if experts come out and change their opinion and stats which makes sense it might than open my eyes up a little more unlike some who have them closed in this thread.

So you wait for the experts to tell you when to open your eyes all the way? I guess that's one way form "your" opinion.

I'd say if your eyes have been open this year, you'd see that Wright just isn't on Zegras's level. Didn't even stand out against the Austrians lol.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So you wait for the experts to tell you when to open your eyes all the way? I guess that's one way form "your" opinion.

I'd say if your eyes have been open this year, you'd see that Wright just isn't on Zegras's level. Didn't even stand out against the Austrians lol.
Of course he's not on Zegras's level YET. Will he ever be. Can't say i know for sure.
But it seems you already have him pegged. You don't even think he's worthy of being the 1st OA pick in the upcoming draft even though the pros seem to think differently.
Now Should i take your advice or the advice of Pros who have actually watched him.
You figure it out.
Funny how you knock a junior player for being as you put it not very good but than defend the shit out of Laf and the guy has sucked since he made the jump.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Of course he's not on Zegras's level YET. Will he ever be. Can't say i know for sure.
But it seems you already have him pegged. You don't even think he's worthy of being the 1st OA pick in the upcoming draft even though the pros seem to think differently.
Now Should i take your advice or the advice of Pros who have actually watched him.
You figure it out.
You don't think I've watched him? Lol okay.

Don't take my word for it or anybody else's. Form your own opinion.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You don't think I've watched him? Lol okay.

Don't take my word for it or anybody else's. Form your own opinion.
Your word i definitely won't take but when the experts point out things about him and why he's their consensus 1st OA pick as of right now. It opens up many peoples eyes that are able to deduct what the experts are saying. There is always Some armchair GM's who really don't have the expertise that will always ignore the more knowledgeable people.

Now again where have you watched him play lately and how many times.
We are all curious since you seem to know him in and out.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Your word i definitely won't take but when the experts point out things about him and why he's their consensus 1st OA pick as of right now. It opens up many peoples eyes that are able to deduct what the experts are saying. There is always Some armchair GM's who really don't have the expertise that will always ignore the more knowledgeable people.

Now again where have you watched him play lately and how many times.
We are all curious since you seem to know him in and out.

5-6 games in Kingston this year. All 3 of his WJC appearances.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015

As a big fan of Zegras, this is honestly nothing but homerism lmao

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016

So far you should compare them pre-draft, right?

Zegras D-1 WJC18: 0+9
Wright D-2 WJC18: 9+5

Then Zegras didn't make the WJC-team in his draft year. Wright did. Kind of look like Wright absolutely is on a higher level than Zegras was at the same age. Comparing Wright right now against Zegras right now is just plain stupid. Players develop very different. Zegras paled in comparison to Jack Hughes before both were drafted. How about now?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
So far you should compare them pre-draft, right?

Zegras D-1 WJC18: 0+9
Wright D-2 WJC18: 9+5

Then Zegras didn't make the WJC-team in his draft year. Wright did. Kind of look like Wright absolutely is on a higher level than Zegras was at the same age. Comparing Wright right now against Zegras right now is just plain stupid. Players develop very different. Zegras paled in comparison to Jack Hughes before both were drafted. How about now?

I agree, I'm not doing that. If you read through my comments in this thread you'll see what I mean. It's unlikely that Wright ever surpasses the level Zegras is at today, while still carrying plenty of bust risk.

And yes, players develop differently, which is why it doesn't make sense to compare the pre-draft career an early developer in Wright to a late bloomer in Zegras.
As a big fan of Zegras, this is honestly nothing but homerism lmao
Homerism? I'm not a ducks fan ...

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You’re a Zegras fanboy and pretty much a Wright hater tho, don’t act like you didn’t understand it.
That's just called forming an opinion, and my opinion is that Wright is extremely overrated and Zegras is underrated. I'm not a wright hater, I think he'll be a solid NHL 2C.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
I agree, I'm not doing that. If you read through my comments in this thread you'll see what I mean. It's unlikely that Wright ever surpasses the level Zegras is at today, while still carrying plenty of bust risk.

I don't see how that's unlikely? Everything he's done so far in his career has been better than what Zegras did at the same age. Just because he's been a bit underwhelming a few months this season as a result of missing out on an entire season doesn't mean he just stopped developing. Most likely it just pushed his development another year. Not sure what standards or metrics you are using to make those claims, feel free to elaborate if you wish.

Reactions: PainForShane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad