Waived: Zadina (Clears) - Contract Terminated, Signs with SJS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
took the easy way out by getting his contract terminated so he can get a fresh start somewhere else for less money

There's no easy way out. There's no shortcut home. Some things are worth fighting for. Some feelings never die. I'm not asking for another chance... I just wanna know why!"

Zadina wants a clean slate. The clean slate. The ultimate tool for a master thief with a record. The Clean Slate. It wipes your record clean... as clean as a clean slate.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
If you change the Zadina and Cholo picks to Hughes and Chychrun we probably win a cup in the next 3 years :(
Would probably have finished higher in the standing and had lower draft picks if we picked them. I don't think the prospect pool would have been that much better.

As for Chychrun, we got Hronek in that deal too.

Reactions: Retire91

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
If you change the Zadina and Cholo picks to Hughes and Chychrun we probably win a cup in the next 3 years :(

Yep, burns me bum when I think back on it. I am sure there are butterfly effects like if we don't trade down do we draft Hronek with our own pick instead of Smith, and we kind of need to see how Axel Sandin Pellikka now to see if that Daytsuk trade ended up being a total wiff. Also if we have Chychrun and Hughes maybe we never get Seider which would be a huge bummer. But I just can't seem to find the bygones for it

Would probably have finished higher in the standing and had lower draft picks if we picked them. I don't think the prospect pool would have been that much better.

As for Chychrun, we got Hronek in that deal too.
It's a common retort but we also could have just picked Hronek with our own pick, we didn't need to trade to pick up Hronek. It's not as if Smith ended up being anything. It's just a little bit more grey than the black and white. Also if Axel Sandin Pellikka doesn't pan out then the only outcome of that trade is that we completely passed on Chychrun with nothing to show for it.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Zadina betting on himself
wrong-gambling.gif

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
It's a common retort but we also could have just picked Hronek with our own pick, we didn't need to trade to pick up Hronek. It's not as if Smith ended up being anything. It's just a little bit more grey than the black and white. Also if Axel Sandin Pellikka doesn't pan out then the only outcome of that trade is that we completely passed on Chychrun with nothing to show for it.
It is a butterfly effect though. We would have finished higher with Chychrun in the lineup, that might have led to other picks later on.

We might even have picked Cholo with our own pick.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I am actually happy we have ended up with the prospects we have.

It's really easy to pick players in a draft several years later when one knows how they turn out.

Reactions: Retire91

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
over 35 points and won’t get waived

He probably gets over 50 games because SJS sucks, but I'll take the under on 35 pts. What are we betting? How about loser changes status to "Zadina's #1 Fan" for all of next offseason? (Just the offseason)

or you can take the easier bet with Ogee, even I don't think he gets waived.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Also if we have Chychrun and Hughes maybe we never get Seider which would be a huge bummer. But I just can't seem to find the bygones for it.

Yeah, team would have been better sooner and we don't have Seider or Raymond etc thanks to that.

I would not trade Seider for anyone except Makar in todays NHL. He is superior and super entertaing player with some shades of that physical old NHL.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
He probably gets over 50 games because SJS sucks, but I'll take the under on 35 pts. What are we betting? How about loser changes status to "Zadina's #1 Fan" for all of next offseason? (Just the offseason)

or you can take the easier bet with Ogee, even I don't think he gets waived.
deal i’d make that status for free

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, team would have been better sooner and we don't have Seider or Raymond etc thanks to that.

I would not trade Seider for anyone except Makar in todays NHL. He is superior and super entertaing player with some shades of that physical old NHL.

Quinn Hughes doesn’t save the 2018 to 2020 Wings from utter humiliation those years. They probably still get Seider and Raymond.

And Chychrun might be the most overrated D on these boards. The dude is the modern (but worse) Phaneuf.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
probably a little bit of a hot take but Chychrun is the D-man version of Fabbri

Except Fabbri is out for the same reason every time. He's more like Monahan I think. Monahan has hip issues every time, Fabbri has knee issues. Sucks to have a weak joint, I had to quit playing left field in softball because I threw out my right elbow.

I don't think this team would have been any better off with Chychrun, other than the trade return being better than Hronek. But we got all of those fantastic Cholo threads as a reward, lol.

Zadina on the other hand.... complete waste of a pick.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Not that it matters much anymore, but at least he's saying the right things. I've been saying the Wings brought up Zadina and Cholo too early, which is probably impacting the way they develop Kasper/Ed/etc. Plus Elmer showed a lot of deficiencies in his limited play last season. I still think Kasper plays most of the season in Gr barring major injuries.

It's summer.... not much else to talk about aside from debating if Seider is elite, lol.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Not that it matters much anymore, but at least he's saying the right things. I've been saying the Wings brought up Zadina and Cholo too early, which is probably impacting the way they develop Kasper/Ed/etc. Plus Elmer showed a lot of deficiencies in his limited play last season. I still think Kasper plays most of the season in Gr barring major injuries.

It's summer.... not much else to talk about aside from debating if Seider is elite, lol.
Yes, he was probably brought up too early. Sure. But using that as an excuse for him to not do well after his bravado and bold statements is unsettling.

If he never said that stuff like I'll fill their nets and saying it as confidently as he was, is one thing. But by saying this stuff and now coming out saying this crap. Seems like a hell of a lot of back peddling after realizing you are just not as good as you think you are. He could never hang while he was in Detroit unless he was on the 3rd line. He can't shoot when there is any pressure on him at all. He needs time and space but doesn't work to get that time or space like all of the good-to-great players are able to do. He can't skate to fight/find a good position without the puck. Sure, he has made better strides towards the end of the year but it was no where near any improvement in his scoring game, of which is the type of game he claims to do so well back in the day.

It would have been much better if he would have just said that he needed more work in the ahl, was wrong for assuming he would have been a sniping machine, and just said he was wrong by underestimating the nhl competition in general. Claiming that he is no mcdavid or mathews is asinine because duh, no one is those types of players and I don't think anyone was assuming he was going to be our next 40 goal scorer, even after he was going to fill everyones nets.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yes, he was probably brought up too early. Sure. But using that as an excuse for him to not do well after his bravado and bold statements is unsettling.

If he never said that stuff like I'll fill their nets and saying it as confidently as he was, is one thing. But by saying this stuff and now coming out saying this crap. Seems like a hell of a lot of back peddling after realizing you are just not as good as you think you are. He could never hang while he was in Detroit unless he was on the 3rd line. He can't shoot when there is any pressure on him at all. He needs time and space but doesn't work to get that time or space like all of the good-to-great players are able to do. He can't skate to fight/find a good position without the puck. Sure, he has made better strides towards the end of the year but it was no where near any improvement in his scoring game, of which is the type of game he claims to do so well back in the day.

It would have been much better if he would have just said that he needed more work in the ahl, was wrong for assuming he would have been a sniping machine, and just said he was wrong by underestimating the nhl competition in general. Claiming that he is no mcdavid or mathews is asinine because duh, no one is those types of players and I don't think anyone was assuming he was going to be our next 40 goal scorer, even after he was going to fill everyones nets.
Are you looking for an apology? LOL.

It's not all that uncommon for a teenager to be arrogant and overestimate his own abilities or underestimate his opponents. That's really on the coaches and front office. I posted the article because the Wings are trying to avoid the same mistake with Kasper and other prospects.

It's not like he wasn't trying, he just doesn't have the hockey skills or IQ to be a top 6 forward in the NHL. You can't expect failed prospects to apologize for sucking, it is what it is. Now maybe if he stomped on someone with his skate.... then I might expect an apology.

Reactions: 13to40

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Are you looking for an apology? LOL.

It's not all that uncommon for a teenager to be arrogant and overestimate his own abilities or underestimate his opponents. That's really on the coaches and front office. I posted the article because the Wings are trying to avoid the same mistake with Kasper and other prospects.

It's not like he wasn't trying, he just doesn't have the hockey skills or IQ to be a top 6 forward in the NHL. You can't expect failed prospects to apologize for sucking, it is what it is. Now maybe if he stomped on someone with his skate.... then I might expect an apology.
not looking for an apology at all. I'd almost prefer him not too.

Moreso trying to understand why a high draft pick blamed the organization instead of himself for not living up to the hype he gave himself. The article clearly shows that he is blaming detroit for his own failed abilities. Yzerman even said that if he didn't make the team out of camp, no problem, go to the AHL and get back to where you think you should be or prove it. But he chose to quit. I mean, more power to him for betting on himself. Never back-fired on him before.

I understand why you posted this article. That is fine. I am commenting on the actual article itself and I thought I made that pretty clear. Let them be arrogant and overestimate their own abilities. That is totally fine and I am sure Wright (SEA) is doing the same thing when he stared at montreal's draft table. But don't shi* on the organization that drafted you because you didn't accomplish what you set out to accomplish. You blame yourself because you obviously didn't put enough work in to make it happen.

Maybe he did put enough work in and he still isn't where he should be. Just means he is an energizing 3rd/4th line winger, if anything, and is not a goal scoring forward like he claimed/claims he is. There is nothing wrong with that. I am sure there are plenty of top 10 draft picks that did not live up to the hype and are just 4th line wingers on any team that'll sign them. It is painfully obvious that he does not have the hockey skills or IQ, but that is not what he is saying or eluding too. He is saying/eluding to Detroit being the underlining issue for his development, not himself.

But just because you got picked in the top 10 does not give you the excuse of blaming the organization for your failed development. The team can create the best developmental path for you to succeed, but it means nothing when/if you don't harness the opportunity. So, in essence, it is fully on you, the player, to make it happen. Getting drafted means dic*. That's when the real work begins.

EDIT: And yes, if you stomp on someone's skate in an international competition, you should probably expect an apology, but hey, we needs some dawgz with grit on this team, so maybe instead of eating the get to steppin................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad