Waived: Zadina (Clears) - Contract Terminated, Signs with SJS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Shame how he turned out. Is this for purposes of a buyout? I didn't think they had to be roster compliant in the offseason.

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
You have to wonder if Yzerman is wanting that 1.85 hit for any specific reason. The timing doesn’t make sense otherwise, though I could be missing something obvious.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
You have to wonder if Yzerman is wanting that 1.85 hit for any specific reason. The timing doesn’t make sense otherwise, though I could be missing something obvious.

It's to clear roster space. I can't imagine the money is necessary. On the right side: Raymond, Fischer, Rasmussen, Sprong, Berggren - all of which serve more purpose on this team than he did at this point.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
and here I thought he was part of the package to bring us Debrincat.

An unsurprising but disappointing end to a 6th overall pick.

Reactions: lilidk

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Buyout window is closed I believe. And the Red Wings do not qualify for the 2nd buyout window.

Terrible draft pick, awful 3 year contract by Yzerman.

And now they choose a terrible time to waive him. Should have done it before free agency started. Right now there are still a dozen + forwards in UFA available that would sign for less than his 1.8M price tag. I hope he gets claimed. But I highly doubt it at this point.

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
It's to clear roster space. I can't imagine the money is necessary. On the right side: Raymond, Fischer, Rasmussen, Sprong, Berggren - all of which serve more purpose on this team than he did at this point.

Sure but if he’s just being waived due to a roster crunch that can happen in Camp. We aren’t up against the 50 contract limit either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad