Waived: Zadina (Clears) - Contract Terminated, Signs with SJS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I would have preferred those RD too. Dobson or Bouchard.
Those were my pre-draft choices as well, but if Kenny had picked a big RHD then Stevie could have picked LHD Broberg over RHD Seider. Lots of "what ifs".

That draft was so bad that Zadina is still 13th in points, while Joey sits at 22nd and Burger at #28.

Reactions: lilidk

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Those were my pre-draft choices as well, but if Kenny had picked a big RHD then Stevie could have picked LHD Broberg over RHD Seider. Lots of "what ifs".

That draft was so bad that Zadina is still 13th in points, while Joey sits at 22nd and Burger at #28.

Burger will proably be the best forward of that Detroit group.

1693821808757.png

7th best producing forward at last season.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
I was one of them. I loathed the Zadina pick, but I also had sugar plum OCD for Dahlin or Tkachuk. When the Wings were up, I liked Wahlstrom. Still a MEH #6 pick, but big enough to be a grinder. Any player with a single skill you hope translates is, to me, a bad pick. Zadina was a pure snipe. No defense, no skating, no physical game, not a great passer, etc. When that skill didn't translate, he struggled to develop the rest of his skillset to an NHL level. I like the guy, but he is destined for Europe.
100% agree. I'm not trying to argue for him now, and was never arguing for him. 100 % wanted D, just not necessarily hughes (at the time I preferred dobson) I was merely confessing that at the time I was happy with the pick. And in my defense most pundits and draft boards had z gone before we picked. Just sad that he was unable to improve any of those skill sets.

Reactions: heyfolks

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I would have preferred those RD too. Dobson or Bouchard.

It's interesting how Wahlstrom was also the NTDP most hyped best sniper, but is struggling with development to NHL level too, like Zadina.

Another example, how this 2018 forward class just happened to weakest in years. It's like the Yakupov Calchenyuk class. Majority of best players from that class are defencemen.

Many players who were high scorers in Junior, or even the AHL, can't find their way to the NHL in the same manner. At least Wahlstrom has size and could translate to a grinder. Not a great example, but Rasmussen was a point a game guy in juniors. That didn't even translate to the AHL. He's worked hard to make himself a responsible, hard working 3rd line center Zadina doesn't have the mindset nor physique to do that. Not sure if Wahlstom has the former, but he does the latter.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
This isn't a shot at Zadina because he didn't say it. I just thought this was funny.

"I said, 'I would do anything for a chance,' and (Sharks head coach David Quinn) said if I work hard and deserve that spot, I will get the chance I never got. So, I'm really excited about that."

The chance he never got? So I guess Quinn didn't do much homework on Zadina.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This isn't a shot at Zadina because he didn't say it. I just thought this was funny.

The chance he never got? So I guess Quinn didn't do much homework on Zadina.
Well that came from Zadina's mouth, he was quoting his coach. For all we know, Quinn might of used different words or having been just talking about Lalonde, not Blash and Stevie. You gotta be careful about trusting second hand quotes, people hear what they want to hear.

Everything he says in this article is just weird though. It comes through like he's blaming the team for his injuries? Maybe he should learn to block with his shinpad instead of turning sideways.

Also, he made me laugh by saying he can shoot. One of his biggest issues is not being able to one time NHL speed passes.

This article reads way worse than the one I posted. He'll be playing in Europe sooner than later.

Reactions: sepster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad