Player Discussion Zack MacEwen signed for 3 years @ $775,000

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If PD ordered a Gabriel Pizza, with Olives, the usual gang would be so upset with him, and would instantly be calling for Andlauer to fire his ass asap.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
If PD ordered a Gabriel Pizza, with Olives, the usual gang would be so upset with him, and would instantly be calling for Andlauer to fire his ass asap.

That would be pretty hypocritical of me considering I like Gabriel's with olives. Good thing there are so many more reasons to sack Pierre.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Can he play hockey ? Outside of being able to fight on ice ?

Anyways people calling this a bad contract are hilarious you can burry this completely in the minors if it’s not working out

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
That would be pretty hypocritical of me considering I like Gabriel's with olives. Good thing there are so many more reasons to sack Pierre

Sammy, who used to own and operate Lorenzos on Arch street, a couple of years after “retiring” opened up Beneci, and that’s my go to for Pizza.
1688677058558.png

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Methot obviously not the smartest guy in the room. You don’t fill a need with a horrible solution.
That’s not a good solution. That’s how Dorion fixes things. Hey we need dmen! Yay we got josh brown! And he’s CHEAP! Dumbasses
@swiftwin you crazy
I know one thing Methot was smart enough to play 624 NHL games, how many games have you played in the NHL bud? Your hatred of Dorion is showing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I know one thing Methot was smart enough to play 624 NHL games, how many games have you played in the NHL bud? Your hatred of Dorion is showing.
Shortly after Methot voiced how everyone was dumb for slamming on the Leafs signing Reaves, J.York ad his 757 NHL games was saying the opposite, pick your appeal to authority, there's one for everyone.

In the end, the signing is pretty meaningless, it likely bumps Imama from 13th fwd to Belleville, at 750k we won't see any cap implications, we can all rest easy that this is a pretty meaningless signing, nothing wrong with a bit of depth, I'd have fathered we sort out DeBrincat first and see if there was room in the budget for someone a bit better but this won't be the difference between playoffs or not so I'm not losing any sleep

Oct 10, 2010
To be fair, playing hockey isn’t a requirement to judge how good a player is and if he’s needed on a roster or not ..

People around the game are often wrong and many times over ..

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Due to lack of funds until the other trade issue is settled Dorion is filling the bottom roster with term rather than dollars. He can't wait forever so it's no big deal at these prices.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Shortly after Methot voiced how everyone was dumb for slamming on the Leafs signing Reaves, J.York ad his 757 NHL games was saying the opposite, pick your appeal to authority, there's one for everyone.

In the end, the signing is pretty meaningless, it likely bumps Imama from 13th fwd to Belleville, at 750k we won't see any cap implications, we can all rest easy that this is a pretty meaningless signing, nothing wrong with a bit of depth, I'd have fathered we sort out DeBrincat first and see if there was room in the budget for someone a bit better but this won't be the difference between playoffs or not so I'm not losing any sleep
There's no reason we can't still do that. Nothing about this signing prevents us from doing that.

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
We're going to copy Vegas, Seattle, etc. He'll be playing in the top 6 to evenly distribute talent throughout all 4 lines.

Kidding...?

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
His AHL production is actually pretty good, he might have some untapped ability at the NHL level. Maybe the Sens think they can get a bit more out of him at the NHL level.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
To be fair, playing hockey isn’t a requirement to judge how good a player is and if he’s needed on a roster or not ..

People around the game are often wrong and many times over ..
Never played NHL Hockey
Scotty Bowman
Kevin Cheveldayoff
Bryan Murray
Tim Murray
Lou Lamoriello
Julien Brisebois
Stan Bowman
David Poile
Brad Treliving
Chuck Fletcher
Dave Nonis
John Ferguson Jr
Brian Burke
.... The list is long
These people would likely not all agree on how to fill out a roster. Because Doug Wilson played 1024 games is he going to make better decisions than these
guys .. because he played. Would Benning or Snow make better decisions because they played

I am not against the MacEwen signing... Term may be long .. he's cheap so it likely won't be a factor

He looks like a wild man so I kind of like that. Methot would probably say he needs a haircut. He also has some interesting views on Climate Change.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Again the issue is not the player but the signing. Was 3 years necessary to get this guy to sign? Was there a line of other teams competing to sign this guy? Was the urgency of getting this guy signed immediately so high that it superseded gm attention towards current cap crunch issues, and other glaring holes in the lineup / other massive concerns like debrincat? Like this couldn’t wait until other things had been resolved? The more cap he brings on, the further he’s handcuffed, the more leverage and wiggle options he gives away in trying to deal a high value asset right now. Didn’t he already fill this hole with imama?

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
His AHL production is actually pretty good, he might have some untapped ability at the NHL level. Maybe the Sens think they can get a bit more out of him at the NHL level.

Yeah he’d be a fine ahl addition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad