Player Discussion Zack MacEwen signed for 3 years @ $775,000

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
We got him for 3 years. Dorion must have an everlasting love for this player.

everlast-100lb-nevatear-heavy-bag-d1621db1-86b7-4d48-a78d-643abb79c86a.png

Reactions: SensFactor

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Zack MacEwwwwwwwen! 3 years, 1-way guarantee for a jabronie. The Barry Horowitz of 4th line fighters, if Auston Watson is the Brooklyn Brawler.

Could have been worse wrt $, the term is how PD downciated the AAV. Still $775K for a player who may end up full time in the AHL by year 2 of his contract under newer management.

Still, I will give him the benefit of the doubt, welcome to Ottawa kid!

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Oh boy. Laughed at and mocked around the league. Let’s goooo!

Oct 10, 2010
Why sign Boko admit to the fan base you prefer him more for Ottawa hype him up on all the official social media pages and after all that proceed to sign Zach? Why exactly ? If you really wanted to give Boko a shot?

Last edited:

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
What's the point of this? I understand replacing Watson with another fighter, but 4th liners should at least be able to penalty kill. What a waste.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
To everyone saying this is useless... MacEwen is not as bad as people think. He's a good forechecker, plays with pace and hits hard.

I don't want Brady Tkachuk fighting Ryan Reaves.

I don't want him fighting Xhekaj. Jeannot. Lucic.

There are some serious heavyweights in this division now. There will be a lot more fighting than there was in previous seasons. Tkachuk cannot handle this by himself and should absolutely not have the pressure on his shoulders to take on these guys. We need him on the top line and not in the penalty box.

MacEwen and Kasty will bring some heavy play to the 4rth line and answer the bell when needed. Everyone will play a bit bigger with these guys on the roster. MacEwen has fought guys like Wilson, Schenn and other pretty good fighters and for the most part he handles himself extremely well.

This is a very logical move. If we play teams with no enforcers, no problem play another guy on the 4rth line for that game. 100% certainty that Tkachuk will appreciate this move and so will the other players on the team. Can't only look at stats all the time.

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Nice. Better fighter than Watson.

He makes minimum wage, so we can bury him if we have to with no impact to our cap space.

He's also one of the only players I've seen handle himself well against Tkachuk in a fight:

To everyone saying this is useless... MacEwen is not as bad as people think. He's a good forechecker, plays with pace and hits hard.

I don't want Brady Tkachuk fighting Ryan Reaves.

I don't want him fighting Xhekaj. Jeannot. Lucic.

There are some serious heavyweights in this division now. There will be a lot more fighting than there was in previous seasons. Tkachuk cannot handle this by himself and should absolutely not have the pressure on his shoulders to take on these guys. We need him on the top line and not in the penalty box.

MacEwen and Kasty will bring some heavy play to the 4rth line and answer the bell when needed. Everyone will play a bit bigger with these guys on the roster. MacEwen has fought guys like Wilson, Schenn and other pretty good fighters and for the most part he handles himself extremely well.

This is a very logical move. If we play teams with no enforcers, no problem play another guy on the 4rth line for that game. 100% certainty that Tkachuk will appreciate this move and so will the other players on the team. Can't only look at stats all the time.
Exactly. Tkachuk being our best fighter was a problem. We needed an actual fighter on the 4th line.

Reactions: The Expert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Idk what's going on over at twitter, I stay away from that garbage, but my concern with McEwan is that we already have Imama for the role of face puncher, maybe he's a bit of an upgrade (in the general hockey playing sense, probably not as a fighter), but this is pretty underwhelming if the goal is to have someone to deal with the likes of Reaves, Lucic, or whatever 4th liners Methot is getting on about. I guess Kastelic will fight less too,

I also don't see Tkachuk fighting any less because this guy is in the line, Tkachuk will fight regardless just like he did when we had Watson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad