Zach Werenski - Update: Signs 3-yr ELC (p. 15)

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Werenski

London Knights fan coming in peace, just wanted to ask if anyone knows or feels Werenski will sign an ELC and forgo his NCAA and report to London, there are alot of anxious Knights fans wanting to know his fate, I am not holding my breath. If he reports great but if not then I sujppose its good for his development

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nothing concrete yet but it appears that he seems set on returning to Michigan

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Hey guys.

Quick little tidbit I wanted to share, and you don't have to believe me, BUT

People around the Knights believe that there's an 80% chance that Werenski plays for them this season, and the odds are continually getting better.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
What leads you to believe this? I personally think Jarmo is gonna push him to go the CHL route, no evidence just personal belief.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
It's believed we push our prospects to play Major Juniors over college due to the games played and practice time. But I still believe Werenski will be in Michigan because I believe thats where he wants to be

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Anymore news on the Zach Werenski front?? Is he gonna sign an ELC and head to London, or is Jarmo going to let him play it out in Michigan??

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Anymore news on the Zach Werenski front?? Is he gonna sign an ELC and head to London, or is Jarmo going to let him play it out in Michigan??

Just a gut feeling, but if he were going to sign and go play for London I think he would have done it by now. I mean he's still got a little time left to decide, but not much.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
He is still very young, not a big deal. I hope he dominates, wins a college title and is in the NHL by 2017/18.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I would have liked him signed and playing at least a year of juniors. If he doesn't sign after this season, I'll start to worry.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I would have liked him signed and playing at least a year of juniors. If he doesn't sign after this season, I'll start to worry.

Don't see why finishing up your college education is worrisome. Having said that they really need to clean up that garbage loophole in the CBA. A 22 year old shouldn't be able to get out of his draft obligations like that.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Don't see why finishing up your college education is worrisome. Having said that they really need to clean up that garbage loophole in the CBA. A 22 year old shouldn't be able to get out of his draft obligations like that.

You answered your own question. Nothing against education but because that garbage is in the CBA and will most likely remain for the duration, I will worry until he signs. Not a lot right now just will worsen each year he doesn't sign.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
You answered your own question. Nothing against education but because that garbage is in the CBA and will most likely remain for the duration, I will worry until he signs. Not a lot right now just will worsen each year he doesn't sign.

I didn't pose a question. :nod:

Meh, he seems like a good kid and I don't see another jackass situation. The vast majority of college kids don't play that game. Life's too short to worry about something like this.

He'll be pretty close to home. So unless he just has to play for the Wings I don't see much of an issue.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Is Michigan supposed to be worse this year? I see they lost their top 3 scorers from last year but did gain Conner and the younger ones are a year older. Wouldn't be surprised if this year hes gonna be expected to be relied upon much more defensively so I wonder how his offensive numbers will look when its all said and done

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Was kind of "selfishly" hoping he would sign with the London Knights as that is a professionally ran youth organization that should be very good again this year. He would also get a chance to play an NHL schedule, and be signed to an ELC soon. However, the decision is ultimately up to him and I can't fault him either way.

I'm not too worried about him pulling a Mike Reilly at this time. However, I am kind of curious to see how he progresses this season and what next off-season holds.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If Werenski is anywhere near as good as Jarmo thinks he will be (Jarmo had him 4th oa), then Werenski wont need 3 more years of college to be nhl ready, and there won't be any loophole.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If Werenski is anywhere near as good as Jarmo thinks he will be (Jarmo had him 4th oa), then Werenski wont need 3 more years of college to be nhl ready, and there won't be any loophole.

I think it's possible he could make the team as soon as next year. I definitely would be suprised to see him make it within the next two season.s

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Than earlier Werenski make the team, by that better for all. And for Blue Jackets and for him.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
No reason to compare him and Reilly at all. Werenski is going to be a Jacket. Unless he declines multiple ELC's I will continue to believe it

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
No reason to compare him and Reilly at all. Werenski is going to be a Jacket. Unless he declines multiple ELC's I will continue to believe it

Huge risk we should not have taken. I would have felt alot better if he went to London to play. Wings waiting in the wings salivating...

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Huge risk we should not have taken. I would have felt alot better if he went to London to play. Wings waiting in the wings salivating...

I guess the Jets shouldn't have taken Roslovic either, right? I mean, every guy drafted is just going to refuse to sign, so they can sign with their hometown team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad