Zach Werenski - Update: Signs 3-yr ELC (p. 15)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
he scored 40 goals and you want to give werenski the calder just for playing on the first pairing?

If you think that's the only reason to consider Werenski you are just proving your location tag.

/smackhiminthebackofthehead

Wake up son, they are all worthy candidates.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Matthews is good, Laine is good.. but Werenski is going to be a great player

mmmm....

They all seem to be on track to be great players. Top to bottom this seems to be the best Calder field I can remember (although my memory of this award can be sketchy).

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
This is why I think there should be two rookie of the year awards.

One for defense which includes D-men and goalies, and one for forwards. It is just so damn hard for rookie d-men and goalies to beat out high scoring rookie forwards. The flashy scorers will always have the advantage.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
It was hinted at the CBJ would like wereenski to stay in Columbus this Summer and train with Jones.

Frankly, I think all players should stay in their cities year round. Treat them like the employees they are. In the offseason, they get 3 weeks vacation time, otherwise, they stay in town and train for next season.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Frankly, I think all players should stay in their cities year round. Treat them like the employees they are. In the offseason, they get 3 weeks vacation time, otherwise, they stay in town and train for next season.

Regular employees get vacation tinge to be used year round. I think teachers are a better analogy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad