Zach Bogosian

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I guess we will just disagree. I don't like Stuart or Pardy that much to be honest, but I think that:

Enstrom is at the cusp of elite.

Trouba looks like he might project even better than Toby

Bogosian is a legitimate top 2 guy

Clitsome and Postma are solid bottom pair guys.

I think we are missing one guy in our top 4.

I did specify "on a contending team", not merely a play-off team. Is Toby 1st pair on those top 5 or 6 teams that are real contenders? Possibly 1 or 2 of them I guess but I really don't think so. Trouba being there is still a projection. He very well might be in another year or two. I think Bogo is a legit 2nd pair D on any of them but not 1st.

While it would be great to push everyone down one pairing, I don't think we're that bad off. As truck states, a #1 changes things immensely regarding the makeup. Let's say by hook or crook that we manage to grab Sutter, and leave the rest of the personnel as they are. I'm also going to assume this happens next year, so we'll see Trouba with another year under his belt, and Morrissey joins the Jets.

(ignoring handedness):

Suter - Trouba
Enstrom - Bogo
Morrissey - Clitsome / Postma

That looks a heck of a lot better, and it only inserted a 1D (only :sarcasm: ;))

Yes, that does make it look a lot better so maybe I was a little pessimistic saying we needed 2 at the top. BTW, technically you added 1 at the top and 1 at the bottom. Nevertheless it transforms our D corps from shaky at best to one of the better groups in the league. :)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yes, that does make it look a lot better so maybe I was a little pessimistic saying we needed 2 at the top. BTW, technically you added 1 at the top and 1 at the bottom. Nevertheless it transforms our D corps from shaky at best to one of the better groups in the league. :)

Yup. A #1D is a very coveted thing for a reason. Remove Morrissey and throw Stuart back on the 3rd pairing (where he belongs and does OK) and that's still pretty solid. Or, run Clitsome - Postma. That's still very strong without putting Morrissey in. He's very likely to crack the lineup next year though, so I figured: what the heck. ;)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yup. A #1D is a very coveted thing for a reason. Remove Morrissey and throw Stuart back on the 3rd pairing (where he belongs and does OK) and that's still pretty solid. Or, run Clitsome - Postma. That's still very strong without putting Morrissey in. He's very likely to crack the lineup next year though, so I figured: what the heck. ;)

Yeah, why not?
Now, where/how do we get that #1D? Nobody lets those get away.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ah, you found the issue with my plan. :sarcasm: ;)

Yeah, it was subtle but i found it. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, in the "case to keep the core" I think I detected a consensus to keep most of the core but trade a few of them. I identified what I think are 4 likely candidates. 3 strong D prospects come to my mind that might be sprung loose by a package involving some of them, Reinhart, Pulock and Pouliot. I don't know if any of those projects quite as high as what we need but they are possibilities. Everybody is available at the right price. What would our D look like in a year or two with one of those added?

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
i remember a good bogo who played with passion. moreso than anyone else even kane, and his passion is hard to match. the same bogo that had us all irritated and nervous that he wouldnt re-sign. he lost something im afraid he will never find again. i give up.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
i remember a good bogo who played with passion. moreso than anyone else even kane, and his passion is hard to match. the same bogo that had us all irritated and nervous that he wouldnt re-sign. he lost something im afraid he will never find again. i give up.

You realize he was far from the worst Jet tonight...right?

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
terrible game tonight. what happened to him

Never liked his game from the beginning. I don't know what it says about our talent evaluators, they missed their chance to sell high on him. Bogo would have fetched a tonne a couple years ago. Top GMs pull the trigger on those.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Never liked his game from the beginning. I don't know what it says about our talent evaluators, they missed their chance to sell high on him. Bogo would have fetched a tonne a couple years ago. Top GMs pull the trigger on those.

I guess I am watching a different game than other people. I thought he was solid yet again. Really was left hung out to dry on the 2nd goal he was on the ice for. He did make a few bad outlet passes though.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Bogosian had a great game tonight. Really smart with the puck, made good defensive reads, really retrieved and controlled the puck well in our zone.

He and Enstrom look like they are starting to figure out playing together. That is very encouraging.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Bogosian had a great game tonight. Really smart with the puck, made good defensive reads, really retrieved and controlled the puck well in our zone.

He and Enstrom look like they are starting to figure out playing together. That is very encouraging.

I agree he looked pretty pretty pretty good last night. The only time he looked bad IMO was the 2-1's that lead to goals, but that was because his partners got caught pinching. Very encouraging play.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I agree he looked pretty pretty pretty good last night. The only time he looked bad IMO was the 2-1's that lead to goals, but that was because his partners got caught pinching. Very encouraging play.

Yeah he was very close to breaking both of those up. I really wish he had because I think Jets fans need a reason to start loving him again. Right now he's doing really good work -- it's just not sexy work, and that's what fans like :)

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Yeah he was very close to breaking both of those up. I really wish he had because I think Jets fans need a reason to start loving him again. Right now he's doing really good work -- it's just not sexy work, and that's what fans like :)

I think it was the 3rd or 4th Tampa goal, they were on the PP, and even though they scored Bogo worked over #90 in front of the net the whole time like a boss. It was one of his better games of the year for sure.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think it was the 3rd or 4th Tampa goal, they were on the PP, and even though they scored Bogo worked over #90 in front of the net the whole time like a boss. It was one of his better games of the year for sure.

He has seemed more dialed in the last few games and especially last night.

I think Bogosian spends too much time at the gym and not enough on the ice in the offseason. I for one would like him to spend his gym time just on muscle maintenance and take the extra time to continue to skate and scrimmy once or twice a week.

I'm not an expert but I know how long it takes me to get my timing back after being off for a few weeks and to the best of my knowledge Bogosian does not skate in the summer. That is fine if you are in playoffs till June etc but even then I'd like to see players at least skate a bit in the offseason.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Thought I'd revive this thread after last night. IMO Bogo had a tremendous game against the Hawks. Lead the team in icetime with 25:28, lead the team in PK time. Played almost flawless defense against a very difficult opponent. Had an assist, 2 hits and 3 blocked shots and no giveaways. Also jumped into the play well.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Thought I'd revive this thread after last night. IMO Bogo had a tremendous game against the Hawks. Lead the team in icetime with 25:28, lead the team in PK time. Played almost flawless defense against a very difficult opponent. Had an assist, 2 hits and 3 blocked shots and no giveaways. Also jumped into the play well.

I was actually gonna say the same thing after the game. I thought he looked great all game long.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea historically he has been a very good PP/60 5v5 player (other than last season) and its nice to see him getting some bounces this season and getting back to his point producing ways even while the team is in a scoring slump. Zach takes the heat allot so its nice to see him get his props when they are due.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
yup bogo was great but he needs to be good on a consistant basis. I hate seeing these flash in the pan type games were he is awesome then returns to being meh. hope he stays rollin and injury free :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad