Post-Game Talk: Yup, that got ugly

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I hope there is because I see no point in having Leipsic here if he's just going to sit...that really pissed me off tonight. And then Ferraro says "They might be trying to increase trade value to some of these guys" I really really doubt the trade value of Polak, PAP, Boyes etc went up after tonight. Either play the kid or send him back down. If Nylander is going to get the business of "he's up for good" then guys like Leipsic should too

Well PAP did have 2 points today. That does help his case a little bit. Boyes also had a point. I just don't get why Boyes isn't playing more. If you want to boost someone's trade value with playing time, he is the prime category. He must have the most points out of any playing playing 4th line minutes in the NHL

Leipsic will probably be sent down. He didn't play today because Kadri played. However, he wasn't sent down because 1) Marlies don't play until Friday so why not keep him here and let him get an NHL paycheck and NHL practice time and 2) Kadri was not a guarantee to play today so he had to be on deck if he wasn't ready.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
how bad is this roster going to be though when PAP leaves, Polak is gone, etc...like sure we may have some kids up or other vets but man we are going to truly be terrible..It's really hard to see this getting worse but I actually can. Maybe I'm just getting impatient but the whole Leipsic thing bothered me...the sooner these vets are gone the better.

They'll double the number of pucks they mash into pieces trying to shoot in the direction of the net.

As long as they shot towards the net it will be good for possession stats.

Scoring is less important than shooting towards the net, so we should rejoice and praise them even if they have no skill.

mikebel111*

They'll double the number of pucks they mash into pieces trying to shoot in the direction of the net.

As long as they shot towards the net it will be good for possession stats.

Scoring is less important than shooting towards the net, so we should rejoice and praise them even if they have no skill.

I know your being sarcastic, but possession is good you know.

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
I hope there is because I see no point in having Leipsic here if he's just going to sit...that really pissed me off tonight. And then Ferraro says "They might be trying to increase trade value to some of these guys" I really really doubt the trade value of Polak, PAP, Boyes etc went up after tonight. Either play the kid or send him back down. If Nylander is going to get the business of "he's up for good" then guys like Leipsic should too

Well, PAP had 1 and 1 tonight.

I definitely think a team will take him. If he's put in the right situation, he can help a team offensively. It's not like his salary is high.

A lot of the players playing right now are probably going to be here all season, though. :cry:

mikebel111*

Lets be honest, there are only 3 players that might be here
Kadri
Rielly
Gardiner

Heck Kadri might be gone too so maybe just 2.

Not counting JVR as he is injured

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm just happy this game was not on Sportsnet. If it was and Glenn Healy was between the benches, imagine the comment he would have made after Arcobello scored the 1st goal, considering what he said on Saturday when he got 2 goals in 17 seconds.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Their PP was a little better than ours.

To be totally honest, that was the key to the game. Their PP was slumping, but still deadly. Our PK could have been a little bit better, but the reason we were blown out were the penalties. We probably could have saved 3 goals just from that, and who knows what offensive opportunities we would have got from it too. 4-2 or maybe even 4-3 would not have been a shocking loss against this team.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Well, PAP had 1 and 1 tonight.

I definitely think a team will take him. If he's put in the right situation, he can help a team offensively. It's not like his salary is high.

A lot of the players playing right now are probably going to be here all season, though. :cry:

please don't say that..they need to all go, it's so painful. Obviously excluding Rielly.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
To be totally honest, that was the key to the game. Their PP was slumping, but still deadly. Our PK could have been a little bit better, but the reason we were blown out were the penalties. We probably could have saved 3 goals just from that, and who knows what offensive opportunities we would have got from it too. 4-2 or maybe even 4-3 would not have been a shocking loss against this team.

No difference than the game against the Oilers.

Shots from garbage players isn't quite the same as shots from players who can put it in the net.

Not all shots are equal.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Lets be honest, there are only 3 players that might be here
Kadri
Rielly
Gardiner

Heck Kadri might be gone too so maybe just 2.

Not counting JVR as he is injured

Gardiner may be gone too. Really it goes like this:

Rielly

Kadri
Gardiner
JVR

Komarov
Holland

Lupul
Bernier

The rest.

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
No difference than the game against the Oilers.

Shots from garbage players isn't quite the same as shots from players who can put it in the net.

Not all shots are equal.

Garbage shots from garbage players attempting to score garbage goals and getting garbage results.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
AND THE KICK IS GOOD!

Raider of the Lost Arc - Which has now been found.

PARENTEAUVECHKIN!

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Rangers next, might not see a break in the pain until we host Philly.

Tear it down Lou. Tear it down.

mikebel111*

Gardiner may be gone too. Really it goes like this:

Rielly

Kadri
Gardiner
JVR

Komarov
Holland

Lupul
Bernier

The rest.

I agree with this order.
in regard to Kadri, if a team offers a first and a good prospect, he is gone for me. Love the player but thats a good deal IMO.

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
If we were going Survivor style and voting a Leaf off the "island," whom would you choose?

There are sooo many good candidates, but Nick Spaling is my first choice. Absolute stiff of a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad