Post-Game Talk: Yup, that got ugly

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Player To Watch: Mark Arcobello!

arcobelloblogdec30.jpg

- Arcobello is coming off a 2 goal game against the Vancouver Canucks
- In 5 career games against the Blackhawks, Arco has posted 2 assists.

Expected Leafs Lines:

Grabner - Kadri - Komarov
Holland - Arcobello - Parenteau
Winnik - Spaling - Greening
Clune - Froese - Boyes

Hunwick - Rielly
Gardiner - Polak
Marincin - Corrado

Scratches; Leipsic?

- Nazem Kadri is expected to return to the lineup tonight, while Leipsic will likely be scratched (possibly sent back down)
- Tyler Bozak is eligible to be removed from the IR and return for tonight's game, however he remains unlikely for the game
- James Reimer is expected to be in goal

Player To Watch: Artemi Panarin!

Panarin_CHI_672.jpg

- In his first career game against the Maple Leafs, Artemi Panarin notched 3 points, including 2 assists.
- In his rookie season, Panarin has posted 52 points in 57 games.

Here's a Picture of Auston Matthews!

Matthews_Auston.jpg

Last edited:

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Well given that we hadn't won in Vancouver since the pre-cap era Nov. 22nd, 2003, anything is possible, especially if Chicago comes out flat against the Leafs like they did last season.

Donald McRonald

Interested observer
Sep 13, 2009
United Nations
This game really does come down to Babcock though. I mean he's got the guys playing well structured hockey and getting lots of chances at the other net.
If the Hawks don't take this game seriously then who knows what will happen and we can thank the hockey gods that our guys can't finish at the net.
Only prediction I have is that if Bozak plays then I think we lose.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
This doesn't help the tank, either.

Tracey Myers ✔ @TramyersCSN
#Blackhawks recall center Vincent Hinostroza from the Rockford IceHogs, place Marian Hossa on injured reserve.
5:16 PM - 14 Feb 2016

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Last month when Chicago defeated Toronto 4-1 at the Air Canada Centre the Leafs lineup that night was not missing Bozak, Lupul, Kadri, Matthias, and Phaneuf had not yet been traded. So if you look at their projected lines for tomorrow it should be a lot worse when you compare their previous game against them.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I have Kane Panarin Keith and Seabrook in my pool. Lets hope it does!

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
The Leafs lost last time 4-1, well really 3-1 because the 4th was an empty net goal. I expect a loss, but probably a close game.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Toronto Maple Leafs at Chicago Blackhawks: Monday game preview

The Blackhawks could be without Marian Hossa, who was injured in a loss to Anaheim on Saturday.

By: Dave Feschuk Sports Columnist, Published on Sun Feb 14 2016

UNITED CENTER

Puck drop: 8:30 p.m.

TV: TSN 4

Radio: TSN 1050

Key matchup: Leo Komarov vs. Patrick Kane.

A game after irritating the Sedin twins into frustration, Komarov and the rest of Toronto’s makeshift first line — which, for the past two games with Nazem Kadri on the shelf, has been centred by Peter Holland and rounded out by Michael Grabner — will take a step up in class and do its best to slow down Kane. The league’s leading scorer, Kane has 33 goals and 78 points, 15 points clear of his nearest challengers heading into Sunday’s action.

Need to know: The Leafs finish a four-game Western Conference road trip that has seen them travel without veteran forwards Tyler Bozak, Joffrey Lupul and Shawn Matthias . . . Former Leaf Richard Panik joined Jonathan Toews and Andrew Sharp on the Blackhawks’ top line when Chicago lost Marian Hossa to a lower-body injury on Saturday . . . The Hawks have scored just four goals over the last 10 periods . . . The last time the Maple Leafs met the reigning Stanley Cup holders, they had won nine straight games before a 4-1 victory at the Air Canada Centre made it 10. That hot streak ended a few weeks ago after 12 consecutive victories. Since that high point, the Blackhawks are 4-5-1.

Up next: Thursday vs. New York Rangers, 7:30 p.m.

Last edited:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hopefully we lose. Still hope Kadri, comes back and pots a few points along with gards, rielly, and leipsic. Would love to see a high scoring game over a 2-1 or blowout loss

Mad Brills*

Bozak lupul and matthias are eligible to come back for thursday right?

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Someone should show Kane the goal scoring race leaderboard right before the game

Great chance for him to put some distance between him and OV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad