Post-Game Talk: Yup, that got ugly

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Stopped watching after 2-0. I don't know if these guys are worse than the early 80's but at least I used to watch those games. This is as bad as it has ever been.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Stopped watching after 2-0. I don't know if these guys are worse than the early 80's but at least I used to watch those games. This is as bad as it has ever been.

can u still imagine ?it took gord kirke and richard peddie a full year to find brian burke ,and it ll take 3 years to clear the stench
hard to believe a supposedly respected gm like burke ,could think he had a good group ,it was gonna be this bad no matter what ,:yo::yo:

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
can u still imagine ?it took gord kirke and richard peddie a full year to find brian burke ,and it ll take 3 years to clear the stench
hard to believe a supposedly respected gm like burke ,could think he had a good group ,it was gonna be this bad no matter what ,:yo::yo:

This was Nonis' mess - not Burkes. Burke never signed the long contracts. He definitely wasn't perfect but what he's part of in building Calgary is no joke either. If we are going to keep bringing him up we ought to at least get the facts straight.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
This was Nonis' mess - not Burkes. Burke never signed the long contracts. He definitely wasn't perfect but what he's part of in building Calgary is no joke either. If we are going to keep bringing him up we ought to at least get the facts straight.

The kessel trade alone knocked the team back 8 years. Burke brought in Nonis and Carlyle neither of whom have ever had an original idea. They just continued on with the Burke vision until the weight of ******** crushed everything

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

I stopped watching after Hawks went up 1-0. Only because I got the call from the wife. ;)

Wow, it turned ugly. Some supposed Leaf fans got their wish. :rant:

At least we weren't shutout! :handclap:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

Wait, did you just try to defend BB by talking about Calgary, that team that is only 4 points above us in the standings?

That juggernaut ?:laugh:

some folks are just full of wow.:shakehead

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If we were going Survivor style and voting a Leaf off the "island," whom would you choose?

There are sooo many good candidates, but Nick Spaling is my first choice. Absolute stiff of a player.

Has to be Lupul... not that he isn't an ok player, but to rid ourselves of that cap hit, on a player who is so often out of the lineup....

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

This is worse only because the players don't hold any expectation of being better, the futures are in junior or the minors, and the core, besides having some niche fans, could be traded without much angst.

This isn't a team of lovable losers!

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Wow

How Lupul is not the only 1rst vote, I don't know.

Lupul and his 5.25 million would be no. 1 on the list. For sure.
Even Bozak isn't bad at the salary he makes. He still has some game and worth. I'd still like to move him but he's not on the serious Lupul decline.
Lupul is pretty much the last of the bad salary bunch.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Lupul and his 5.25 million would be no. 1 on the list. For sure.
Even Bozak isn't bad at the salary he makes. He still has some game and worth. I'd still like to move him but he's not on the serious Lupul decline.
Lupul is pretty much the last of the bad salary bunch.

He and Michalek are both on the decline, health and age.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
He and Michalek are both on the decline, health and age.

True although Michalek has a better all around game. If we keep him he may be of help to Nylander if he breaks in on the 3rd line.
Didn't Nonis try to sign Michalek a year ago?

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Is it just me or did Rielly barely play that game? Are the box scores I'm looking at wrong? It says he had the second least ice time out of all D

Not surprised really. He struggled a bit last night ....although not like anyone was any good

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
True although Michalek has a better all around game. If we keep him he may be of help to Nylander if he breaks in on the 3rd line.
Didn't Nonis try to sign Michalek a year ago?

I'll argue that as of right now Michaleks health does not concern me one little bit.

Considering this, he has 1 year left and both injuries he suffered this year have nothing to do with chronic or serious things.

Breaking ones hand twice blocking shots, is just dumb a$$ bad luck, nothing more.

Matter of fact, seeing that he has been able to keep his legs trained this entire time, don't rule out a TD move.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I'll argue that as of right now Michaleks health does not concern me one little bit.

Considering this, he has 1 year left and both injuries he suffered this year have nothing to do with chronic or serious things.

Breaking ones hand twice blocking shots, is just dumb a$$ bad luck, nothing more.

Matter of fact, seeing that he has been able to keep his legs trained this entire time, don't rule out a TD move.

He is on a 26 point pace, and has played a full season only twice in the last 10 years. Perhaps a more offensive, less durable Kulemin?

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I missed last night's game because of work, the score sounded like a kill, were they out shot and out played or did Reimer allow 3 or 4 soft goals? Did the score reflect the play?

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I missed last night's game because of work, the score sounded like a kill, were they out shot and out played or did Reimer allow 3 or 4 soft goals? Did the score reflect the play?

Not as bad as many are saying...but still pretty bad.

We outshot them 37-32 and scoring chances were about even by the end of the game but the skill level difference was obvious.

The Leafs have a good system but need better players, especially up front....same old story. Also didn't help that Darling had a steller game in net for the Hawks.

Cant lay a huge amount of blame on Reims. He actually made some crazy saves in the game.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
He is on a 26 point pace, and has played a full season only twice in the last 10 years. Perhaps a more offensive, less durable Kulemin?

Well Ulf if the reports out of Ott are accurate , we have a well liked and respected vet here.

One that plays a responsible two way game and has shown in the past, that he is not a pair of stone hands in the offensive end.

Names like Kuli,Hossa,Koma come to mind , when I think about MM.

Responsible two way game, respected vet,has shown offensive and PK worth

yup, sounds like perfect 3rd line ,emergency 2nd line kind of depth teams look for this time of the year.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I'm positive that Michalek will be moved.

Lou talked to him while he was deciding whether he waived.

I think he told Michalek they'll move him at the deadline to a contender.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I'm positive that Michalek will be moved.

Lou talked to him while he was deciding whether he waived.

I think he told Michalek they'll move him at the deadline to a contender.

There's zero chance a team will take that contract. That's nothing but a pipe-dream. Maybe they can move him next deadline as an expiring contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad