Post-Game Talk: Yup, that got ugly

mikebel111*

Remember 3 weeks ago people had playoff hopes , if not for that hot 10 game streak we would probably have 20 less points than the 2nd worst team

Yeah that was silly.

Babcock is awesome coach but not a miracle worker

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
True point. However even at .500 before we were overachieving.

Before they were expected to win after great starts, and than we callapsed.
Now we arent expected to win and are losing. It would be so Leafs to win these games but we aren't. Thats one of the positives I see

You brought up a good point because now that I think about it, going on a win streak would be a "collapse" of sorts. :laugh:

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
The other tanking teams are laughing, knowing the Leafs have games in hand. Lots to learn young grasshopper on the art of a successful tank. Knowing Leafs, they'll win both.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I highly doubt that...not with this garbage.

hey. all it takes is one stupid GM.
(and plus. Bryan Murarry saw Dion do the most brutal pinch known to man that week - and still pulled off the trade).

heck - i'll be happy with lots of 2nds.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
So are we placing bets that a trade happens before Thursday or not?

I hope there is because I see no point in having Leipsic here if he's just going to sit...that really pissed me off tonight. And then Ferraro says "They might be trying to increase trade value to some of these guys" I really really doubt the trade value of Polak, PAP, Boyes etc went up after tonight. Either play the kid or send him back down. If Nylander is going to get the business of "he's up for good" then guys like Leipsic should too

mikebel111*

I hope there is because I see no point in having Leipsic here if he's just going to sit...that really pissed me off tonight. And then Ferraro says "They might be trying to increase trade value to some of these guys" I really really doubt the trade value of Polak, PAP, Boyes etc went up after tonight. Either play the kid or send him back down.

Well Marlies don't play til Friday so its not that bad

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I highly doubt that...not with this garbage.

You never know what you can get when you package a couple of them together. Packaging Franson and Santorelli got us a 1st, a 6th (Jokinen) and a B+ prospect. Polak and one of our forwards can probably get a 1st for us no problem, just maybe don't expect another Leipsic out of it too.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
2/3 of the remaining games are at home. The Leafs don't completely crap the bed at the ACC, so a last place finish seems unlikely......plus the games in hand.....

how bad is this roster going to be though when PAP leaves, Polak is gone, etc...like sure we may have some kids up or other vets but man we are going to truly be terrible..It's really hard to see this getting worse but I actually can. Maybe I'm just getting impatient but the whole Leipsic thing bothered me...the sooner these vets are gone the better.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
how bad is this roster going to be though when PAP leaves, Polak is gone, etc...like sure we may have some kids up or other vets but man we are going to truly be terrible..It's really hard to see this getting worse but I actually can. Maybe I'm just getting impatient but the whole Leipsic thing bothered me...the sooner these vets are gone the better.

Yeah good call. But Babcock will likely continue getting the most out of whatever garbage roster is presented to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad