Blue Jays Discussion: Youth Movement (Pompey, Norris among Sept call-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Keep the faith....keep the faith..

Guys baseball is a streaky game. Pitching staff gets streaky, hitters get streaky. At this time of the year the streak you want to be on is winning. Its contagious to the entire team. This team has fire in their eyes.

Keep the faith.....and fans really need to get out to the home games to give them that extra boost.

Come on Jays fans,,,,,keep the faith and go out to the games.

If I was Rogers, I would lower ticket prices for the next couple of series and encourage fans to come out. This is the closest we have come to playoffs in 20 years. Wake up you idiots.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I've thought that if the Jays could whittle down the wild card deficit to no more than 3 heading into the last 10 games, they would be giving themselves a shot in the final stretch. They're bordering on that now, so continuing to play strong baseball and having a few favourable outcomes in the other series the next week could mean some rather important games.

I'm hoping the team seizes the opportunity as they haven't been this close this late in the season in a long time. And if, if the team stays within spitting distance, I don't doubt fans would flock to the SkyDome and provide an electric atmosphere.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
we would have been 4 back of Seattle who would have held that spot if they won

What do you mean? If they won they would have remained at 3.5 up on the Jays. They lost so we gained an entire game on them.

Wrong, their job is to report the story. They aren't ruining anything saying their playoff odds hover around 1% is correct. Unless you want sunshine and rainbows and false statements knock yourself out.

The odds actually went up to 6.4% now!

More high draft picks.

I heard 2015 is a pretty deep draft. With the talent the Jays picked up last draft as well as picking up Juan Meza from the IFA market I think we're in pretty good position with prospects. Stroman himself was also not a relatively high draft pick (and we will likely see fallers next year too), and we certainly know how much of a crapshoot the draft really is. As for next year's draft, Kiley McDaniel listed his insight on some of the prospects we will see highlight it.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2015-mlb-draft-top-51/

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What do you mean? If they won they would have remained at 3.5 up on the Jays. They lost so we gained an entire game on them

Not sure what standings you're looking at. We're 3 GB them now, if they won that entire game would have made the 4 up on us.

Look at it this way, we're 76-69, had they won last night they would have been 80-65, 4 games up in the win column, 4 games up in the loss column, 4 games up on us total.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Not sure what standings you're looking at. We're 3 GB them now, if they won that entire game would have made the 4 up on us.

Look at it this way, we're 76-69, had they won last night they would have been 80-65, 4 games up in the win column, 4 games up in the loss column, 4 games up on us total.

Oh yeah that's true then I guess late night and early morning (for me) kinda messed me up.:laugh:

Pretty crazy how bad Seattle has been at home. Almost makes that 4 game series against them (if we get in striking distance) that much more scarier.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I know we still likely don't catch them but man oh man is Oakland falling apart. In the past 10 games we've gained 5 games on them.

3.5 back. Too bad Janssen blew that game last weekend.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Awwwwwe

10691898_781970961844253_1608642589_n.jpg

10683906_747084285359060_1624931284_n.jpg

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I don't know about you all but I'm going to enjoy these next couple of weeks regardless of our % chances

Although I was alive for the WS wins I was too young to truly remember. This is the first time in the history of my jays fandom that the team has played games that matter in the month if September.

I'll be watching the Jays intently and scoreboard watching elsewhere.

Seattle and Oakland have a series this weekend, and Seattle also has the Angels next week before they play us. Excellent because it will guarantee some losses for teams ahead of us.

Embrace it gents

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Could be something special happening. Damn, I hope so. Also, throw the percentages outta the window.

Oh and on a not so related note, the Brewers are Leafing big time!

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I just noticed browsing Jays stats that Norris got charged with a hit against the other night when the bad throw was made in the 9th, was that not an error? That had error writen all over it lol, pretty routine play, would have easily be out had the throw not bounced before it got to 1st, weird call indeed. It doesn't matter but I was under the impression that Norris had not given up a hit yet, not that it matters.

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
So today we cheer for Boston, Tampa Bay, Minnesota and Chicago.

Scoreboard watching it is.

Boston, Chicago should win which means we gain .5 game on Kansas City and Oakland. TB and Minnesota are crapshoots against NYY and Cleveland. But Buckholtz and Sale should get it done against KC and OAK.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Bleak playoff chances? We're now only 3.5 games back of the second wildcard and 5 games back of the first wildcard spots.

We're closing in. Just need to keep our momentum.

MrLegend28*

Bleak playoff chances? We're now only 3.5 games back of the second wildcard and 5 games back of the first wildcard spots.

We're closing in. Just need to keep our momentum.

you obviously dont understand how baseball works if you dont think 3.5 games with like, 17 left, isnt a big margin.

Weve played .527 ball for 130 games, so we'll probably play .527 for the final 17 which is a 9-8? type record. Are all the teams ahead of us going 5-11 to end the year? doubtful. Also have you looked at the schedules of teams? KC and i believe Detroit both have pathetically weak schedules.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It doesn't make anyone any less of a "true fan" for being realistic about their bleak playoff hopes at this point.

I'm still cheering for them to make it aren't I? Yes I am. I just know it isn't likely and aren't getting my hopes up. That doesn't mean anything in terms of my fandom.

I think he was making a callback joke to the whole Arencibia vs Zaun/Hayhurst lunacy, where JP accused the "negative" Rogers media talking heads like Zaun/Hayhurst of failing to "educate the fans" on how to follow the team and cheer for players, all because they were calling him out on his all-time horrible season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad