Blue Jays Discussion: Youth Movement (Pompey, Norris among Sept call-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Funny enough, I've missed the last 4 games. Sunday because I woke up too late, Monday because I forgot there was a game, and Tuesday and Wednesday because I was too busy playing Destiny. The Jays are 4-0 in my absence :laugh:

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
We pretty much need our own sweeps. Nothing else really matters

As for your question though. Really cheer for the o's the split you suggest with the tigers and a's mariners as long as their no sweep in either direction that's probably best case.

I would say, cheer for a Baltimore sweep (we are not grabbing the division, might as well take the Yankee's off our tail, even though nothing behind us matters)

I would say cheer for Cleveland over Detroit so Detroit (ahead of us) drops down and lets us jump over them.

Boston over KC, same reason for above but if only one of Cleveland or Detroit blows that's fine since the other wins the division anyways.

Oakland and Seattle the win win series. In a perfect world I say go for an Seattle to win 2:1 since we can make those games up later when we play Seattle while keeping Oakland on its slide and give us a chance to move closer to the WC. This one is fine regardless though as we will gain on at least one of the two teams (provided we take care of business)

Mar 14, 2011
Funny enough, I've missed the last 4 games. Sunday because I woke up too late, Monday because I forgot there was a game, and Tuesday and Wednesday because I was too busy playing Destiny. The Jays are 4-0 in my absence :laugh:

So was the game (destiny) worth the hype?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
So Chris Davis suspended 25 games, meaning the 17 regular season games remaining and 8 playoff games. Good. Suspend their whole team :sarcasm:

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I just realized Chris Davis is hitting under .200 this year hahahaha unreal how bad that is

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Stroman's new sinker looks to be a game-changer. From Keith Law's chat today:

Jon (Toronoto)

Is the Stroman we've seen as a starter (3.07 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, 7.73 K/9, 3.72 K/BB) for real or is this just because it's his first time through the league and people haven't adjusted yet?
Klaw (2:35 PM)

You didn't mention the 55% groundball rate. If that is real, he's a very different animal from what he was even in AA last year, and a no-doubt starter, probably an above-average one with fringe star potential (like a #2).

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Ya I heard he was on a trip or something and just began messing around with grips and discovered one that works

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
This on Sanchez (who he's been critical of, or more accurately the Jays' handling of, for awhile):

Lou (Phi)

How effective a starter do you think Aaron Sanchez will be?
Klaw (3:01 PM)

Stuff is going to miss bats. If he doesn't lengthen his stride back out, he's going to have a lot of trouble keeping the ball down and maybe staying healthy. I love the arm and Aaron's a great kid - I want this to work out, but I don't like how toronto has handled him.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
KC lost, and Oakland is trailing in the 8th. Atleast there's that but we desperately needed that game.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Kid's going to be something else I tell ya what. Haven't seen this kind of confidence and poise from a rookie in a long time.

Snet - Stroman

“There was an at-bat against Shin-Soo Choo, it was a 3-2 count, and [Dioner] Navarro called a sinker in, like front-door sinker. That’s a tough pitch to throw, especially for someone who never throws sinkers. So, I kind of stood there and looked at him for a second on the mound, like ‘you sure?’ and he put it down again. So, I said ‘alright, let’s do it,’” says Stroman. “I threw it perfectly and he took it for strike three.”

Stroman fist pumps, jumps, or let’s out a yell on the mound when he gets excited for a pitch or a call, and on that day, he did just that.

“I was more shocked at myself for throwing that pitch, in that situation, in that count, way more than the punch out. I had just learned the front-door sinker and that was all Navarro having the confidence in me to say ‘throw it, throw it.’ That was kind of a turning point for that pitch,” he says.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Incredible. My wife is looking hard at getting me a blank red Canada Day jersey for Christmas (have a Blue Lawrie jersey) and the more I hear the more I want to get Stroman on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad