Your team is on the clock! PICK #4 (Fan Base Mock Entry Draft)

Completelybroke

Mar 22, 2015
I'd take Noah, just to build from the net out. I doubt Jersey will deal the 6th, but if they do. Barzal or Provorov, a possible #1 C or a projected first pairing D. Could you imagine Rielly, Hanifin and Provorov :O our blue line would literally be completed.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
It's impossible really to know who the BPA is between Marner and Hanifin. Two different positions, two different leagues, anyone who claims to know who is better has an over-inflated ego.

[/B]If you avoided drafting players because of concussion issues or any other injury related issues you would have a pretty bare cupboard (See Morgan Riellys draft year).I'm sure if you are smart enough to know that just because your medical report doesn't have a concussion on it, doesn't mean you haven't had one. [/B]

So for me, I think you have to take the RW, we will need someone to eventually fill the void once Kessel is only a memory :handclap:

Knees are very different than heads. Some guys suggest their surgically repaired knee is stronger than it was before, almost everyone agrees a second confusion comes easier than the first, and the third even easier than the second.
Being wary of a knee (or shoulder, wrist etc) is very different than a guys noggin. Personally I'd take marner if hanifin is gone, but prefer the d man over either forward. Strome strikes me as a guy who excelled in junior cause of size and match ups seeing as he plays behind McJesus and marner being a better pro, I just think Hanifin has star potential all over him and having a back end built around hanifin, Rielly and Gardiner is a great start. (I see Gards as a long term #3 here, his possession numbers and still untapped offensive upside are too good to trade away)

member 147413

Surprised Yotes fans didn't vote Marner. I think he projects as a better NHLer than Strome, plus he has the London connection. I'm a big Marner fan and want him if Hanifin is gone, but you gotta go BPA...

Hanifin

soulie

Jan 9, 2008
Hanifin no doubt about it - I would sprint up to the stage to make the call.

NotSince67*

Hanifin, all day.

With Nylander, Connor Brown, Andreas Johnson, and the STILL HERE and under long term contact with a NTC Phil Kessel, clearly what we lack is undersized offensive wingers.

We really need a blue-chip defensive prospect.

And it's not even like Marner really great and Hanifin isn't, they're both really good, just one happens to play a premium position.

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
Marner for me, because I believe he will be ready to play sooner than Hanifin. Although if Hanifin is projected to be a top 2 defenceman rather than a top 4, I would take him. Since I'm not sure and too lazy to check, I'm sticking with Marner. :)

beer123

Nov 15, 2009
Ideally I'd like the leafs to draft Strome, Hanifin, Marner and Provorov all in this draft.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Ive been pro Marner this entire year. However im starting to have a change of heart. Marner likely transitions to the NHL as a winger, and the leafs already have Nylander. Strome is a very good support player, who sees the ice great and has a fantastic shot. Nylander isnt a phenomenal shooter, but is a pass first guy. I really see the two being a match made in heaven.

I'm not going to give a scouting report on Hannifin because i know nothing about him, and have never seen him play.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hanifin is going 3rd. I don't even see it possibly going any other way. I would take Strome after but I think we take Marner

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Come on people...

Marner... Canadian kid who grew up a LEAFS fan.

When push comes to shove, he will play for heart a whole lot sooner than what an American will. Take Marner and be absolutely happy. Worry about drafting an American next year in Matthews.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
Hanifin, all day.

With Nylander, Connor Brown, Andreas Johnson, and the STILL HERE and under long term contact with a NTC Phil Kessel, clearly what we lack is undersized offensive wingers.

We really need a blue-chip defensive prospect.

And it's not even like Marner really great and Hanifin isn't, they're both really good, just one happens to play a premium position.
I agree. We have some defensive depth to our prospect pool, but really no top-end talent beyond Rielly.... who technically isn't even a prospect anymore. So it's pretty barren.

After adding Nylander last year, I think it makes sense both in terms of BPA and organizational need for us to take Hanifin. Especially if we can add another pick in the early to mid first round and grab a Zacha, Barzal, etc.

Would be kinda funny if we took Hanifin and then ended up in a position to draft Chychrun next season, though. We'd be like the bizarro Oilers.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Come on people...

Marner... Canadian kid who grew up a LEAFS fan.

When push comes to shove, he will play for heart a whole lot sooner than what an American will. Take Marner and be absolutely happy. Worry about drafting an American next year in Matthews.

He grew up a pens fan for what it's worth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad