GDT: YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS @ Buffalo Sabres (Army of one edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Is this really underachieving? They were a sixth seed last year with you know who, and a goaltending combo a year younger.

They have no shot of winning Wednesday, none. And that'll end any illusions people have once and for all that this team is going to the playoffs.

A big reason why we were the 6th seed was because last year's team didn't get things going until February since we had Tim Sestito, Rod Pelley, Eric Boulton/Cam Janssen, Nick Palmieri, and Brad Mills in the lineup on a consistent basis until moves were made to bump them out around February

Don't buy the goaltender age thing, Marty played some of the best hockey we'd seen from him in a while in the playoffs at the age he is currently at and there has been little he could do in this **** stretch

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
You sure stuck it to the man not renewing those season ticks dude.

Pathetic. Wah wahhhhh Lou isn't committed to winning so I'm done as a sth! Yeah, I'm sure those were lou's exact thoughts when he was heading into this session fresh off a cup finals appearance. "Well I'm not committed to winning anymore so this roster will do!"

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I'm not trying to stick it to anyone or anything.

I'll attend my fair share of games through promos, stubhub and from other friends that are STHers.

The real bad moves by Lou and the lousy season/lineup/product validated my feelings not to invest the time and effort to be a full STHer next season.

Your logic is you are only a good fan if you have season tickets?
I am not a fan of the I'm better than you fan mentality.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The thing that frustrates me the most with them is their poor decision making from Deboer to the 4th line. They're passing the puck when they should shot it, they miss open nets, blatant back door plays (2 times Greene didn't see Loktionov open) or Zajac with 2 unnecessary penalties in the offensive zone in 5v4 situations. They're not going to win until they get their **** together.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Of course it's underacheiveing. Get your head out of the sand.

But Let me guess, you predicted Henrique, Zajac, Elias, etc would all have down years..

Henrique's in his second year, we don't know what he is yet. As much as everyone thought he was going to be a star after last year, he only had done it one year. He wasn't going to replace Parise, as much as people wanted him to. Zajac unfortunately hasn't been any good without Parise and Elias is not getting any younger.

They were a 100-point team that lost its glue, and then completely imploded during the stretches where they also lost Marty, and Kovy. They're barely a playoff team with those players, they're not any good without one of them.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
And Clarkson's a f'ing black hole, once the puck enters his even horizon, you ain't gonna see it again. ever.

Whatever the line he's on, Clarkson is currently a chemistry breaker.

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
A point. These close games won't end. :laugh:

Hope the guys keep their head's up. I know some of them have already lost their confidence this season, like Zajac, but I know he will practice in the off season and come back strong like I know he can. Henrique, too.

Don't know what's gonna happen with the playoffs, but I'm glad I'm gonna know soon.

LGD, as always! Also, it was nice to hear some other guys comment on our players and our play tonight. Felt like some true, unbiased insight, as opposed to Chico's constant ramblings. :laugh: Can't say the team is playing poorly. It's just not all clicking. Rough time (and I'm not giving up!!) but a fresh season and start feels to be just what this team needs.

Also, the addition of a player or two who can score. ;)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A big reason why we were the 6th seed was because last year's team didn't get things going until February since we had Tim Sestito, Rod Pelley, Eric Boulton/Cam Janssen, Nick Palmieri, and Brad Mills in the lineup on a consistent basis

Don't buy the goaltender age thing, Marty played some of the best hockey we'd seen from him in a while in the playoffs at the age he is currently at and there has been little he could do in this **** stretch

I don't think anybody is blaming Marty. He's doing the best he can to keep it at 2 goals or under which is the most you can ask from any goaltender really. Someone will tell us he's a below average goaltender because his save percentage is .01 percent lower than league average, but whatever. We have a good enough defense, and goaltending. It's the offense that's nowhere to be found. 2 goals on the Sabres (Close to the bottom in goals against) is not a big accomplishment. The effort is usually there, but the skill doesn't seem to be. Like I said though Clarkson being a ghost isn't on Lou, and Zajac looking like a less talented Madden, and Henrique being inconsistent. Fair enough to call that underachieving, but the truth is this team wasn't really built that great on forward.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I'm sorry you feel that way.

I'm not trying to stick it to anyone or anything.

I'll attend my fair share of games through promos, stubhub and from other friends that are STHers.

The real bad moves by Lou and the lousy season/lineup/product validated my feelings not to invest the time and effort to be a full STHer next season.

Your logic is you are only a good fan if you have season tickets?
I am not a fan of the I'm better than you fan mentality.

Absolutely not my logic. Your reasoning for not renewing is laughable...

"Not committed to winning" :laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
And Clarkson's a f'ing black hole, once the puck enters his even horizon, you ain't gonna see it again. ever.

Whatever the line he's on, Clarkson is currently a chemistry breaker.

He has the least hockey sense of any player on the roster.

I was hoping Lou would have dealt him before the deadline.

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
Only thing keeping me from saying screw it to this season is the kings last year. It's not over till we're mathematically eliminated...a fully healthy devils not slumping could 100% go on a similar run

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Fair enough to call that underachieving, but the truth is this team wasn't really built that great on forward.

That is extremely easy to say now in hindsight isn't it?

Coming into the season did you expect everybody to be as bad as they have been? There isn't a single poster here that would have told you things would be this bad, a little struggle here and there without Parise and Sykora's production sure, but this bad? Nobody. The longest losing streak we've had since the 80s? Nobody.

SchneidsAndHynes35

Feb 24, 2013
Isn't our situation sounding familiar to that of the King's last season?

Dominating teams, outshooting opponents by wide margins, but failing to score.

Also, like the Kings who played the Sharks in the final games in a winner gets in scenario, we play the Rags twice in the final weeks.

We just need to get in.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Once Kovalchuk comes back:

Elias-Zajac-Sullivan
Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Zubrus-Josefson-Clarkson
CBGB

Sullivan on the first line... it really has come to that, hasn't it? :shakehead Oh boy.

tumblr_l9s8xtUoLh1qdnm01o1_400.gif

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Isn't our situation sounding familiar to that of the King's last season?

Dominating teams, outshooting opponents by wide margins, but failing to score.

Also, like the Kings who played the Sharks in the final games in a winner gets in scenario, we play the Rags twice in the final weeks.

We just need to get in.

I'd like to believe that, but we are not the Kings. That was a deep team who underachieved most of the regular season and then got ridiculously hot in the playoffs.

SchneidsAndHynes35

Feb 24, 2013
I'd like to believe that, but we are not the Kings. That was a deep roster who underachieved most of the regular season and then got ridiculously hot in the playoffs.

That team had no puck luck. Sound familiar?

We will get in. Believe! LET'S GO DEVILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad