GDT: YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS @ Buffalo Sabres (Army of one edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
henrique needs more hate. if he is not injured, his play is completely unacceptable. the goals from last year are distant memory. from the parise defection to the lockout till now, a complete **** stain.

I've been wondering about him for a while now. Last time I checked he was at 10 goals and 4 assists. Those are really alarming numbers. Something about him seems different right now. He really might be hurt

SchneidsAndHynes35

Feb 24, 2013
Do you guys think we make the playoffs? Yes or No answers only.

To answer my own question: I think we get in.

Realistically, There's 2 spots up for grabs, and 3 teams chasing them: The Devils, Rangers and Islanders.

I think the Islanders get in, and it comes down to us and the Rangers.

The Rangers play Toronto tomorrow who they almost always lose to. If the Leafs win in regulation, landscape changes drastically, as others have already pointed out.

We play the Rangers 2 times before end of the season. Hopefully by the time we play them, Kovalchuk gets back, and we start putting the puck int he net on a more consistent basis.

I think we pull a miracle, get in ala The Kings of last season, and roll through the playoffs.

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
To answer my own question: I think we get in.

Realistically, There's 2 spots up for grabs, and 3 teams chasing them: The Devils, Rangers and Islanders.

I think the Islanders get in, and it comes down to us and the Rangers.

The Rangers play Toronto tomorrow who they almost always lose to. If the Leafs win in regulation, landscape changes drastically, as others have already pointed out.

We play the Rangers 2 times before end of the season. Hopefully by the time we play them, Kovalchuk gets back, and we start putting the puck int he net on a more consistent basis.

I think we pull a miracle, get in ala The Kings of last season, and roll through the playoffs.
said by the one and only chico resch :laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Here we go again what? Your exact words in your post were..."I'm just trying to find ways to blow the team up."

Man you know what would be awesome? If Kovy came back within the next couple of games and just went absolutely ******* during the last 8 games (ala post-Maclean 2011), leading the team on a crazy win streak and into the playoffs. I know it's probably a pipe dream...

Maybe saying blow the team up means something more drastic to you than what I was saying.

Purge the turds as I keep saying. Volchenkov, Tallinder, Poni, and Clarkson if he asks for too much go. Zubes, Patty, Clarkson if cheap, Zidlicky if cheap, stay. Get a quality UFA forward here, and no more Tedenby or Woolworth's replacements. Oh and this 8 defensemen rotation? It never happened.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Yes because Lou Lamoriello knew before hand that we would that just about the same team that made the finals months earlier, would underachieve

Totally his fault

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Do you guys think we make the playoffs? Yes or No answers only.

I might sound like a huge homer for saying this but YES I think we make it. I just cant see the *** damn New York freaking Islanders making it instead of us. I dont have any real reason to base this off of but I think the Islanders fold and we squeak in somehow

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Terrible fan. You support your team through the good and the bad...

If you truly think Lou isn't committed to winning you should find another team.

Who said I don't/won't support them?

Only full season ticket holders support the team?
That is an absurd comment.

How long have you been a full STH?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
They only need one of Volchenkov/Salvador/Tallinder (preferably I'd get rid of all of them). They're all slow and bring nothing to the table offensively. How many times do the forwards get a good cycle going and then pass it to the point, only to have one of those three **** it all up? Go with Greene, Larsson, Fayne, and whichever one of the Three Stooges they keep. Probably bring Zidlicky back, then go after somebody else who can contribute offensively. It doesn't have to be a great offensive defenseman, but somebody who is capable of doing more than throwing the puck back down the boards or attempting the same shot that has zero chance of getting through.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I'm leaning towards no they will not make it. Unless Kovy comes back within the next couple of games and absolutely carries the team on his shoulders for the remaining games. Which would be pretty awesome.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yes because Lou Lamoriello knew before hand that we would that just about the same team that made the finals months earlier, would underachieve

Totally his fault

Lou gets a pass this year from me. Next year it needs to be better, and that goes for the guy supplying the money too. We can give contracts to stay at home aging D but no forwards? I'll wait to see what he does in the Summer.

I'm hoping we hear what we usually heard after disappointing seasons. And by disappointing I mean first round playoff exits. ''We didn't win, and we're committed to winning. There will be changes'' And Lou has said this after disappointing years.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Totally his fault

Is this really underachieving? They were a sixth seed last year with you know who, and a goaltending combo a year younger.

They have no shot of winning Wednesday, none. And that'll end any illusions people have once and for all that this team is going to the playoffs.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Who said I don't/won't support them?

Only full season ticket holders support the team?
That is an absurd comment.

How long have you been a full STH?

You sure stuck it to the man not renewing those season ticks dude.

Pathetic. Wah wahhhhh Lou isn't committed to winning so I'm done as a sth! Yeah, I'm sure those were lou's exact thoughts when he was heading into this season fresh off a cup finals appearance. "Well I'm not committed to winning anymore so this roster will do!"

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
With a heavy heart and frustrated but clear mind, I can say with great confidence that they will not make the playoffs.

I've actually thought it since late February-and was hoping to be proven wrong.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
They only need one of Volchenkov/Salvador/Tallinder (preferably I'd get rid of all of them). They're all slow and bring nothing to the table offensively. How many times do the forwards get a good cycle going and then pass it to the point, only to have one of those three **** it all up? Go with Greene, Larsson, Fayne, and whichever one of the Three Stooges they keep. Probably bring Zidlicky back, then go after somebody else who can contribute offensively. It doesn't have to be a great offensive defenseman, but somebody who is capable of doing more than throwing the puck back down the boards or attempting the same shot that has zero chance of getting through.

If Volchenkov isn't our amnesty buyout then we have an issue. I want all of them gone as well but he's the most logical choice

SchneidsAndHynes35

Feb 24, 2013
They have no shot of winning Wednesday, none. And that'll end any illusions people have once and for all that this team is going to the playoffs.

No shot of winning? They beat us by one goal - a fluke one at that. Previous matchup, they beat us in a shootout.

What's your logic?

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Is this really underachieving? They were a sixth seed last year with you know who, and a goaltending combo a year younger.

They were sixth last year, but they still have over 100 points in the standings. That was just a strong conference last year. It's the complete opposite this year. Last year's team would be closing in on Pittsburgh in the standings right now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol the guy who takes pride in his so-called 30 years as a sth is not renewing? Well at least we know who's going to go down with the ship and who's heading for the liferafts.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Yup and the woolworth's comment came from you too I think Wasn't it? Loved it and had to borrow it!:laugh:

Let's see if the bigwig upstairs gives us something better this year. And before someone jumps at me and says ''Stop ripping on Lou'' that was aimed at Jeffrey Hucksterbeek, not Lou. Or is he off limits for criticism?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No shot of winning? They beat us by one goal - a fluke one at that. Previous matchup, they beat us in a shootout.

What's your logic?

Big deal, they still lost ten straight non-meaningless games to the Bruins and they're miles better than us. There's no way we're going to play that well again on Wednesday, especially after the PP ***** up again and gets booed off the ice.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area

Of course it's underacheiveing. Get your head out of the sand.

But Let me guess, you predicted Henrique, Zajac, Elias, etc would all have down years..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad