GDT: YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS @ Buffalo Sabres (Army of one edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Poni has been invisible. It wouldn't hurt to sign him for one more year since it will only likely take a one year contract, and he likely will not receive a raise from last year. He's a healthy scratch tonight, and remember what happened to the last veteran forward who got healthy scratched? He wasn't given a contract the next year, and he was of much more use to us last year than Poni has been this year.

I'm just trying to find ways to blow the team up. I'd love to get rid of both Volchenkov, and hope someone takes Tallinder. I'd sign Zidlicky for $3 million a year for a year or two. If not then our defense will go back to scoring only 15 goals a year ago like it has been since Rafalski left. Tallinder has been solid, but we could use a more offensive guy with that money.

You are going to blow up the team and replace them with who? I understand this season has been frustrating, but people have to understand that in today's NHL, the difference between an 11th place team and a playoff team is barely anything. If just one player, like Zajac, was producing points at his expected level, half of the games that have gone to OT would be wins and this team would be in a solid playoff position.

This team needs strategic specific tweaks on D, and at forward. But blowing up the team is a complete over-reaction.

Sinner Devil

Jun 13, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
You are going to blow up the team and replace them with who? I understand this season has been frustrating, but people have to understand that in today's NHL, the difference between an 11th place team and a playoff team is barely anything. If just one player, like Zajac, was producing points at his expected level, half of the games that have gone to OT would be wins and this team would be in a solid playoff position.

This team needs strategic specific tweaks on D, and at forward. But blowing up the team is a complete over-reaction.

Agreed. This year is just not our year. Terrible luck combined with a bad off season of filling our forward needs.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Here we go again. I made sure not to bash Lou this time.:shakehead

Poni we don't need, we should also look to get rid of Volchenkov, and Tallinder if possible. Not a HUGE REBUILD or anything just purge some of the turds. No more 8 defensemen ever again either. Make a good signing on the market for someone who can possibly be a decent 50 point player, and NO MORE Tedenby from here on out.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
scaled.php

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
We have two games against he Rangers and by winning both of those 4 point games, the landscape changes dramatically. With one being the last game of the year, it would be nice if that game meant something. Even if it doesn't for us, I'm hoping the NYR will need that game to make it and we can beat them!

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA

Poni we don't need, we should also look to get rid of Volchenkov, and Tallinder if possible. Not a HUGE REBUILD or anything just purge some of the turds. No more 8 defensemen ever again either. Make a good signing on the market for someone who can possibly be a decent 50 point player, and NO MORE Tedenby from here on out.

While you at it take the C off of Sal and give it to Kovy.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Do you guys think we make the playoffs? Yes or No answers only.

Definite NO. We're not playing well enough and both the NYR and NYI are picking their games up.

Lou failed us with the the schleps he got this year as only Lokti contibuted and then he did nothing at the deadline to help when there were deals out there that could be made.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Do you guys think we make the playoffs? Yes or No answers only.

NO. Not a chance. We just don't have the horses. When we outplay Buffalo who has one of the worst goals against totals in the league, and still can't score more than 2 goals then no. It's not from lack of effort, it's from lack of skill.

Though turds like Clarkson, Zajac, and even Henrique lately can play much better than this. At least Zajac, and Henrique can. Clarkson I'm not so sure.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010

Here we go again what? Your exact words in your post were..."I'm just trying to find ways to blow the team up."

Man you know what would be awesome? If Kovy came back within the next couple of games and just went absolutely ******* during the last 8 games (ala post-Maclean 2011), leading the team on a crazy win streak and into the playoffs. I know it's probably a pipe dream...

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is it too late to say the 8 d men caused more problems than helped? Yeah our defense is great! We give up 2 goals a game, and sometimes only score 1. As opposed to give up 4 goals a game, and score 1.:shakehead

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I'd say NO mostly because the Rangers are heating up at the right time and the Islanders ain't too shabby either.

I will say this though: If we don't win the next one, we're done.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
They try but grade low in all areas if the game physically and mentally. Including in goal now.

They are not making the playoffs. We know that.

I'm concerned about how and what Lou does this off-season. He failed miserably last off-season to put a good product on the ice

The bad decisions led me, a long time fan and STH, to not renew my seats next season nor commit to playoff seats,which is a moot point anyways since they won't get in.

I also sold the rest of the home gamed this season
Cuz the games are not enjoyable but rather filled with frustration and struggles.

When I see a real committnent by Lou to win I will happily re-up for seasons.

Terrible fan. You support your team through the good and the bad...

If you truly think Lou isn't committed to winning you should find another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad