Post-Game Talk: **** you, Drew Stafford. Jets lose 2-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
True, but Toby angled him extremely well helping to make the play more difficult. He was also only put into that position because Buff had ventured near centre ice and meandered to the bench after the puck was turned over.

I think some of Toby's poor passes and decision making has been a direct result of poor forward play in our own end, the positioning has been utter crap and it puts a lot of pressure on the D.

Between the blue lines he has still been stellar.

One zone play is not enough.

I agree that forward play has been a bit chaotic at times, but Toby can be much better than he's been the past few games, and he needs to be.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
disagree. He brings potential. I'd rather watch Connor accomplish nothing than Thorburn or Burmi. I also don't believe he benefits any more from time on the Moose than on the Jets.

I don't want to watch Connor accomplish nothing with the Jets because I think it would ultimately impact him negatively in his career. I'd like to see him play with the Moose and get up to speed with the pro game than play him 6 minutes a night in the NHL. Give him half a year with the Moose, and then have him play 10-12 minutes up here.

I agree that forward play has been a bit chaotic at times, but Toby can be much better than he's been the past few games, and he needs to be.

He was a bit rough on Tuesday but I think he's been pretty good otherwise in the past few games. I think people expect a lot more out of Enstrom than they should? He's a solid top 4 guy on this team, or almost any team, really.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
And if Stafford is showcased for trade what can we get for him?? One used puck and left windshield wiper for Mazda Miata??

Come on, no way that is a fair trade. We'd have to throw in a 3rd or 4th rounder AND retain max salary to make that even!

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Special teams still killing this team. That, and Maurice's fixation for clearly declining veteran players.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Wow, that felt so typical for this season.

Give up 2 goals on the PK - Check
Terrible PP, not even a sniff - Check
3 posts and a missed breakaway - Check
Brain-dead, useless, and unnecessary stick penalty in the offensive zone with less that 3 minutes to play in a tie game by a player that shouldn't even be on the ice. - Check

Something needs to change. Coaching, Accountability, Players, etc. Not saying it has to be large, but something needs to change.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Agreed, I didn't say o zone play was enough, I said his play between the blue lines has been stellar , which means he very much dictates play with or withiut the puck on his side.

I don't see Enstrom's play suffering all that much relative to others.

Last edited:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Also slept on this.
Team at times looks uninterested or confused.
We look like contenders sometimes and other times pretenders and some of the wins have been ugly as well.
The players have to own the discipline part, I wonder if the captains as a group have talked about it internally?
Pretty soon we are done for playoffs.
With the extra games played and missed points we have to win imo 6 of the next ten or stick a fork in us .
I didn't expect playoffs but I didn't think we would look as bad with a decent roster

randomhockeyfan

Sep 23, 2016
Also slept on this.
Team at times looks uninterested or confused.
We look like contenders sometimes and other times pretenders and some of the wins have been ugly as well.
The players have to own the discipline part, I wonder if the captains as a group have talked about it internally?
Pretty soon we are done for playoffs.
With the extra games played and missed points we have to win imo 6 of the next ten or stick a fork in us .
I didn't expect playoffs but I didn't think we would look as bad with a decent roster

You guys are lucky, I woke up to this and it ruined my day immediately. :laugh:

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
Funny how before Little and Perreault got back, they were supposed to be the saviors.

You might remember a 5 game losing streak with those guys out. We are way better with them on this team.

However, special teams seem to suck regardless of who is on our roster.

Regarding Stafford, it's hard to fault the team for trying to get him going in the top 6 and making him a tradeable asset.

The penalty was dumb... can we get a gif? Was at the game and it looked like the ref called it from behind. Lots of embellishment.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
You might remember a 5 game losing streak with those guys out. We are way better with them on this team.

However, special teams seem to suck regardless of who is on our roster.

Yes i agree, we are a lot better with Little in the lineup. I do hope that Perreault finds his stride soon.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I read the last part of the Rangers board and they said a few seconds before Stafford's high stick, Wheeler could have been called for something on the Ranger D man.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yes i agree, we are a lot better with Little in the lineup. I do hope that Perreault finds his stride soon.

For all the doom and gloom here, the team has points in 5 of 7 games. They're 4-2-1 in that span.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
For all the doom and gloom here, the team has points in 5 of 7 games. They're 4-2-1 in that span.

Yeah, it's not that bad on paper, but when you watch the team, they have looked pretty uninspired and undisciplined last few games. Frustrating to watch. Armia and Petan should fix our bottom 6.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yeah, it's not that bad on paper, but when you watch the team, they have looked pretty uninspired and undisciplined last few games. Frustrating to watch. Armia and Petan should fix our bottom 6.

At least they're getting points while they look bad. If they start to pick up their play, the extra points should follow.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I read the last part of the Rangers board and they said a few seconds before Stafford's high stick, Wheeler could have been called for something on the Ranger D man.

Wheeler could have been called for hooking half a dozen times last night. It's amazing we didn't get called more.

He's not alone either.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

I try not to be gloom and doom, but do feel like venting when players aren't playing up to their abilities. If there was no talent on this team, I wouldn't have high expectations, but they have shown that they can play well and be invested in the game. I love those nights, but last night was just frustrating to watch.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Wow, that felt so typical for this season.

Give up 2 goals on the PK - Check
Terrible PP, not even a sniff - Check
3 posts and a missed breakaway - Check
Brain-dead, useless, and unnecessary stick penalty in the offensive zone with less that 3 minutes to play in a tie game by a player that shouldn't even be on the ice. - Check

Something needs to change. Coaching, Accountability, Players, etc. Not saying it has to be large, but something needs to change.

Looks like you got your hands on Maurice's "Keys to the Game" sheet?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Wheeler could have been called for hooking half a dozen times last night. It's amazing we didn't get called more.

He's not alone either.

The Rangers could have been called for picks and interference multiple times last night as well. Simply NHL officiating makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad