Post-Game Talk: **** you, Drew Stafford. Jets lose 2-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
What's Armia and Petan expected to return now? Really need them back to get a proper third line.

Laine/Scheif/Ehlers
Stafford/Little/Wheeler
Perreault/Petan/Armia
Dano/Copp/Lowry/Tanev

That's a winning lineup. Four solid lines. Let Connor stay down for the whole season, and he replaces Stafford on that line next year.

dvst8r

Aug 18, 2011
For the practice tomorrow, we just walk into the saddledome and sit down? I wouldn't mind taking my son to see.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Even if you take all even strength points, he has 3 goals and 21 assists at even strength in the past 87 games. On a per minute basis that's below Stafford, Copp, Dano and yes, Peluso. He gets a huge proportion of his points because he was playing left half wall on the first PP.

I love his energy and quickness, but the Jets have better offensive players for the top 9 and plenty of energy guys.

I don't mind keeping Perreault as a very good, high energy 3rd liner who gives you 65 games a season, but the Jets might be able to use a few million of his cap hit to re-sign Laine and Ehlers and Morrissey, etc. Meanwhile, I think Dano, Petan, Armia, Connor and Copp can fill in the on the wings and on the PP.

In a vacuum I might agree although I'll wait to see what Perreault does the rest of the year before conceding that. But I still think of him as an important veteran to show the kids how to be a pro. That doesn't happen in half a season. Fefe is in his 4th year. He has only just transtioned from kid to veteran. Lowry, Copp, Armia aren't ready for that yet.

While you're discounting his point totals because of PP time don't forget that he was getting the PP time because of his skill.

Dano, Petan, Armia, Connor and Copp have other people to replace.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I have to say Saddledome sounds like someone took a Mad Max movie and turned it into something skeewy.

Well I didn't actually have to say, but I got problem with the control of my impulses.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I like Copp more than Stafford. I think Copp is better than Stafford.

Yeah I said it

Based on Copp's play late last season and this season so far, that's a slam dunk for me. Copp has perhaps had the most unfortunate usage of any Jets forward - lots of time with 4th liners, see-sawing back and forth between C and W. He's just kept providing solid play, and a surprisingly good push on offense. Big, fast, physical, smart with the puck, terrific shot, and has good leadership skills. What's not to like?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Based on Copp's play late last season and this season so far, that's a slam dunk for me. Copp has perhaps had the most unfortunate usage of any Jets forward - lots of time with 4th liners, see-sawing back and forth between C and W. He's just kept providing solid play, and a surprisingly good push on offense. Big, fast, physical, smart with the puck, terrific shot, and has good leadership skills. What's not to like?

so true!

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad