Post-Game Talk: You can't fire me, I quit. Pens - 1, It's a Tarp - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Given age, general suckage, and contract situations, what could we possibly expect to get for anyone except Sutter and Dumoulin?

By themselves? Not a whole heck of a lot I guess. Martin would get us some future picks, at least.

But in package deals, they have some value.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
That's just it. If Sutter is our best or second-best forward in the playoffs, we'll lose every single playoff year. Because he's simply not good enough for that type of role. Why not trade him for a player who might end up being a better help for 87 or 71? So that, you know, 87 AND 71 are CLEARLY our two best players in the playoffs?

It just makes too much sense. Edmonton made the Roy for Arcobello deal today. I wonder if they'd do Sutter for Perron straight up...that would allow them the luxury of sending Draisaitl back to the WHL.

As an aside, how brutal was the Oilers' decision NOT to send Draisaitl to Team Germany for the WJC? That's ridiculous.

Klinkhammer shouldn't be playing ahead of Farnham if/when we get healthy.

Yeah, Klinkhammer adds nothing. Farnham has a role, and does it well.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't see how MJ is as bad as DB, but I guess people like to use that as their scapegoat.

Personally, I think this is one of the best things for the Pens. Frustrate them. Piss them off. Show them the roster stinks. I want to see this team play with a bit of an edge. A chip on their shoulder. I want to see them pissed off.

I think adversity is perfect. I like Johnston and I want to see what he does all year. I'm interested on where the team goes.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
+ Simon Despres

I really, really don't want him traded. He might just turn out to be our best Dman in two years' time.

+ Derrick Pouliot

Loving the confidence, and the sublime offensive ability, already so polished. Needs to put the work in at our end of the ice and he will be a top pairing guy in this league.

- Mike Johnston

Questionable decisions from the get go, including not pairing Crosby and Malkin together, and once again moving Geno to Sutter's wing. That pair is even worse chemistry wise than Geno-Dupuis ever were.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I really, really, really don't like Heatley. He's a washed up has been. However, I would rather have a has been on our roster than a never be in Megna.

Didn't say I was a fan, or even thought there's a likelihood of him rekindling anything, it would just be more interesting for a while than watching all these little black holes skating around...

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
MJ is just as bad as Dan Bylsma.

I'm not going this far at this point in the season and definitely not before he gets a chance to lose some games with something that, at least, resembles an NHL lineup. We can talk all we want about line combinations but, at the end of the day, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken Sh** no matter how you go about assembling it. Of course that's says more about Shero's ineptness than it does about Bylsma's so who knows maybe you're right and Bylsma sucked as a result of what Shero gave him too. My guess is that changing coaches every year won't be the thing that helps his team get any better.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
The problem with Heatley is this: would he have scored a couple if he were in Rust's position tonight? Probably. Would he even be in those positions, though? Nope.

He's done. Reclamation projects, sure. Desperate moves, yeah. But when a guy is this done, I don't see the point.

Paajarvi would be nice if he could slip, which I doubt.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
That's just it. If Sutter is our best or second-best forward in the playoffs, we'll lose every single playoff year. Because he's simply not good enough for that type of role. Why not trade him for a player who might end up being a better help for 87 or 71? So that, you know, 87 AND 71 are CLEARLY our two best players in the playoffs?

It just makes too much sense. Edmonton made the Roy for Arcobello deal today. I wonder if they'd do Sutter for Perron straight up...that would allow them the luxury of sending Draisaitl back to the WHL.

As an aside, how brutal was the Oilers' decision NOT to send Draisaitl to Team Germany for the WJC? That's ridiculous.

Klinkhammer shouldn't be playing ahead of Farnham if/when we get healthy.

Absolutely horrible. Kid shouldn't be in the NHL right now, but if he is, at least let him play in this tourney.

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow
Aside from wishful thinking, is there any way at all that the team can turn things around? Every team has their slumps, sure, but unless something changes, we're gonna keep seeing ****** games like this and get knocked out in the first or second round of playoffs.

Geez, you just have to feel for Sid and Geno (and to a lesser extent, Fleury) right now. Two of the best players in the league, yet they keep getting hamstrung.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Does it really matter what I think? Adams (when recovered) will not be scratched so guess who would sit if Klink plays?

Now I've been pretty much on board with what you are saying so far in this thread. Farnham does have a future here, you and I agree on that. Maybe it's not this year but this is Adams last year.

I also think if we make a trade (Like the ones you've suggested) then there would be room for Farnham to be a regular this year. And Farnham does deserve a spot.

King of the Fall

Aug 26, 2007
We should change the name of these threads to "Knee-jerk Reactions"

12...12 guys out of the lineup. Take 12 guys out of all 29 other team's lineups and watch them struggle too.

And for everyone who likes to say, "trade for a winger!11!" who is available? I mean real possibilities not trade form fodder. Kane? He is injured and Winnipeg is in a playoff race.

This team is in a slump, take a step back from the ledge and relax. It's the end of December, these slumps happen, especially with the amount of injuries we have.

Johnston is a good coach, he's proven that all season. He is experimenting, just like he said he would. Every decision he makes isn't going to strike gold.

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow

12...12 guys out of the lineup. Take 12 guys out of all 29 other team's lineups and watch them struggle too.

And for everyone who likes to say, "trade for a winger!11!" who is available? I mean real possibilities not trade form fodder. Kane? He is injured and Winnipeg is in a playoff race.

This team is in a slump, take a step back from the ledge and relax. It's the end of December, these slumps happen, especially with the amount of injuries we have.

Johnston is a good coach, he's proven that all season. He is experimenting, just like he said he would. Every decision he makes isn't going to strike gold.

Of course the team's going to falter, but having half the roster out has served to show just how inept just some of the players on the team are (Scuds... Spaling... :help:)

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I don't really think so. You're saying MJ is as bad as Bylsma because he made bad decisions in 1 game. Don't you see how stupid that sounds?
It´s not just one game, though. He keeps playing Malkin on Sutter´s wing and Crosby with Rust for 4 consecutive games. The things are going downhill really fast and he still keeps those lines like that. When we are losing by 2+ goals late in the games, he suddenly puts Crosby & Malkin together but it´s too ****ing late and they are already washed up after carrying their awful lines all game long.

MJ is better than Bylsma, but at least Bylsma knew how to play with limited lineups. MJ has no ****ing clue right now. He´s doing an awful job lately.

Also, how can you explain putting Scuderi out there as an extra man? That´s literally unexplainable..

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Now I've been pretty much on board with what you are saying so far in this thread. Farnham does have a future here, you and I agree on that. Maybe it's not this year but this is Adams last year.

I also think if we make a trade (Like the ones you've suggested) then there would be room for Farnham to be a regular this year. And Farnham does deserve a spot.

Fair enough. I also like Rust more than Klink, though. I'd rather keep him over Klink, but whatever. It's really not important.

Count how many Devils were missing tonight. Injuries could have been an excuse on Saturday night, especially after losing Hornqvist, but not tonight. We were not playing a good team littered with injuries/illness. We were playing a BAD team littered with injuries/illness.

No excuse tonight. And judging by reactions from both Johnston and Guerin, the team knows this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad