You asked for it, here is your All Purpose San Jose Sharks Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It's the middle of July and this forum already makes me want to lay in bed all day.

I've felt this offseason has already felt like a 2 year thing but in reality it's just started. While I still don't feel good about the team, who knows what this team will look like to start the season. They might surprise all of us.

Jacques Oeuf

Oct 11, 2007
CA
Where would you guys place our roster compared to the other West teams that have improved dramatically (on paper)?

Strong teams like the Ducks, Blues and Hawks got better and are in the top tier with the Kings. Sharks are no longer in this top tier.

Dallas got way better.

Minnesota got stronger too and have some good young players with another year under their belt.

Sharks probably dropped from the first tier to this second tier with Dallas, Minnesota and Colorado. Colorado is kind of a wild card, may have over-achieved last year and offseason moves mixed.

Third tier will be the likes of Nashville (could be better), Arizona (got worse?), and Winnipeg (no change).

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Where would you guys place our roster compared to the other West teams that have improved dramatically (on paper)?

LA
Chicago
St Louis
Anaheim
Minnesota
San Jose
Dallas
Colorado
Nashville
Vancouver
Arizona
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Calgary

I could absolutely see the Sharks have a down season on top of it though. After screwing up so bad last season and having such a rough and so much turn-over the guys might just have a tough time gelling next season. I could see Colorado and Nashville passing them.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Dallas dramatically improved, Colorado meh, Minnesota still isn't there quite yet, Nashville improved. These are all second tier teams that the Sharks are going to have to compete with. The top teams are ready to win and one of LA, Chicago, St. Louis, Anaheim is going to win the cup next season. That's terribly depressing.

ThePlanet

Aug 13, 2008
San Jose
As if. We got cheated out of Lindros. You really think Gary would let precious McDavid come to the Sharks? No, mark my words, he'll go to an east coast time or a Canadian team. There's not chance in hell hell end up in California or on the Sun Belt.

But... Pat Falloon! :sarcasm:

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
I was hopeful that we might sign Roy to anchor the third line. A one year, $1 mil deal would've been nice. Solid signing but the Preds and more wishful thinking by me.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Yeah you're right. Only mentioned it because the Dudes on Hockey podcast were cracking up over the tweets and believed them to be real.

Didn't the Dudes say at the end of the podcast that it was a Parody account and they went back to being pissed off?

As for the question of where the Sharks are going into the season, I would say the top tier teams are Chicago and LA. Then you have a large middle tier, which includes St. Louis and San Jose (And I put St. Louis in there because the Sharks played well against St. Louis last year) and then you have the bottom feeders like Calgary and Edmonton. I see the Sharks as one of the wild cards having to play a Chicago in the playoffs. Hopefully it's Chicago and not LA. Don't know if I can take another year of LA being that annoying playoff team, even though in the regular season they are pretty fun to watch.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
The dudes are pretty smart. I have a hard time believing they actually thought it was a real account.

Nah they thought it was real. http://dudesonhockey.com/2014/07/02/doh-276-scott-john-scott/

But they also thought it was a mistake letting Boyle leave, so I am unsure. Either way, it seemed just funny enough to be real.

Edit: Ah! I just got to the end of the podcast and they finally realized the John Scott account is a parody.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad