X. General Stars Talk Marks the Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Unless I'm mistaken, not one Penguin player made a comment towards Goligoski about the incident.

I'd be curious to find out if he was in both locker rooms at some point. That would mean he didn't bother the Pens with an obvious BS line of questions, and then he chose to torpedo Goligoski purely for the story and drama.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Unless I'm mistaken, not one Penguin player made a comment towards Goligoski about the incident.

I'd be curious to find out if he was in both locker rooms at some point. That would mean he didn't bother the Pens with an obvious BS line of questions, and then he chose to torpedo Goligoski purely for the story and drama.

That's just what award winning journalists do.

bug

Jun 27, 2012
Reports that TX Stars have recalled Maxime Lagace - however, no goalie injuries have been reported. Could there be more in motion here? Seems odd to have 3 goalies on the TX Stars roster tonight, and Lagace is the backup for the Steelheads if I'm not mistaken.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Reports that TX Stars have recalled Maxime Lagace - however, no goalie injuries have been reported. Could there be more in motion here? Seems odd to have 3 goalies on the TX Stars roster tonight, and Lagace is the backup for the Steelheads if I'm not mistaken.

Likely answer is in the TX AHL thread.

He's the 3rd goalie in Idaho not the backup. They signed former Oiler pick Olivier Roy to be the starter. Kiviaho is the backup. I would have preferred they found a home like Allen for Kiviaho where he actually has a chance at starting. The Americans have CHL level goalies right now.

If Lagace ends up in Allen, I wouldn't be surprised if played more games than Kiviaho.

Also, ECHL rosters are extremely restricted. Carrying 3 goalies forces you to go light elsewhere ... as it would in the NHL. The AHL does not have a max roster size.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Looking like tomorrow's game is gonna sell out. Can't even remember the last time we had back to back regular season sell outs.

Well I'm stupid.

Currently riding a two game sellout streak (last season vs STL), and also had back to back shut outs with Modano night and then against Calgary (NHL records don't count the Columbus game since it wasn't finished).

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Seguin is a tough call. You'll be wearing the same jersey as every female fan under the age of 25. He's become the new Modano that way.

I kind of laughed at this. I really don't know how this would influence my decision.

Anyway, if the 'C' for a Benn covers a signature on the front, then #91 is getting thrown on the back.

Even though I could let the jersey see some UV rays to fade the signature..

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I kind of laughed at this. I really don't know how this would influence my decision.

Anyway, if the 'C' for a Benn covers a signature on the front, then #91 is getting thrown on the back.

Even though I could let the jersey see some UV rays to fade the signature..

ES5G1.gif

Ampersand

Even though I could let the jersey see some UV rays to fade the signature.

Why would you let that happen? I have a '99 black stars jersey signed by Mo, Hull, Hatcher, Keane, and Belfour, and in my young age I let the signatures fade. Now the signature are barely legible.

Brand New Stars

As long as the team doesn't stall out and stop improving, it's hard to see them leaving anytime soon. They seem like they're having a great time here.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Driving home tonight, I got pulled over. I wasn't speeding or swerving or talking on my phone or anything, so I wasn't really sure why I was being pulled over.

The officer told me my left back tail light was out and asked for my license and insurance. I didn't have the most current insurance card in my car so I had to pull it up on my phone and my 3G was taking a while to load it.

As it was loading he took a flashlight to my backseat and saw a Stars jersey I had laying in there. He goes "what's that?" I tell him "oh that's my white Nieuwendyk Stars jersey from their cup year." He goes "oh cool! From 1999?" I say "Yeah, I've also got a new Eakin at home." He goes "man, I need one! Did you go with the white or the Victory Green?"

I told him I went with the Victory Green, and then he asked me if I had watched the game last night and we recapped the final 5 minutes. My insurance information had finally pulled up on my phone by that point and he took my license back to run it. He then came back about a minute later and just said "Just go ahead and get the break light fixed as soon as possible, and GO STARS!"

And that's my story about how the Stars got me out of a ticket.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Razor said in a broadcast that he's spending time with both the team and the coaches. I think if he can't ever play again, they're preparing him for a potential career in hockey.

That said, medically he's been cleared for no limitations working out off the ice. He was participating with the team at the Michael Johnson Performance Center in McKinney before the season started. The next step is for him to be cleared for on ice activity. It's been a bit over a month since we heard that news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad