X. General Stars Talk Marks the Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalGodAOD*

We are now last in the West. Edmonton is a point up on us. Let that sink in for a second.

giphy.gif

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
Nill is brilliant. He's orchestrated this plan for months.

"I have full confidence that our AHL Championship defensemen have what it takes to make an impact for this team."

*Fist bumps Gaglardi as they both whisper a McDavid chant*

Goin' for the gold, boys. Ain't nothin' stoppin' this tank!

FwjZHUf.gif

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
So if we got the 2nd pick in the draft, you would pick Eichel rather than trade down to 3 to Buffalo for 3rd + Ristolainen?

I think Hanifin + Ristolainen/Zadarov/insert other teams young dman would help us more than Eichel

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
So if we got the 2nd pick in the draft, you would pick Eichel rather than trade down to 3 to Buffalo for 3rd + Ristolainen?

I think Hanifin + Ristolainen/Zadarov/insert other teams young dman would help us more than Eichel

I take Eichel without giving it a second thought.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Hanafin and Ristolainen would be hard to pass up Eichel, no way you pass up on McDavid though

Eichel will be arguably be able to contribute immediately and step right into the lineup. He's not a bad prize for missing out on generational talent A.

You can argue that Ristolainen is playing with Buffalo and that's great but he's still going to need time and patience to develop into a top 4 D.

The same goes with Hanifin. It rarely helps to throw an 18 year old kid into the big league, and he could still end up like Jack Johnson or Adam Larsson.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003

That would be a tough decision to make. I don't think anyone can give you a good answer at this point of the season. Let's see what Hanifin and Eichel do in the World Juniors. I get your line of thinking though. This is all strictly hypothetical at this point because I'm 99% sure we don't pick at 1st or 2nd in the draft.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I think you have to take McDavid from a business standpoint...everything else aside. If we had McDavid, we'd sell out almost every game and we'd sell a million jerseys.

... And become a significantly better team.

It cannot be understated what an incredible player he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille