Post-Game Talk: He’s such a Bouche

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
He tried to get Walker and Tanev

Ultimately it came at the expense of Henrique and Carrick, as that 1st rounder would have gotten Tanev. In hindsight are we better off with Henrique, a contributing top-6 forward that's currently nursing an injury and a 13th forward that's sat in the press box so far this second round, or Tanev, who would be our 3rd best dman?

Time will tell maybe

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I agree on Stetcher giving them better mins. His underlying metrics are far better than Ceci's. Like world's different. That pair has been deployed as a third pair since March 1. Holland didnt try to upgrade, and Ceci still played over Stetcher. I hope you're right though
So I get the nonsense, Broberg and Stetcher are both better options that Ceci, personally I would go with Broberg because of his size and skating ability.

He tried to get Walker and Tanev
Should have kept trying.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I agree on Stetcher giving them better mins. His underlying metrics are far better than Ceci's. Like world's different. That pair has been deployed as a third pair since March 1. Holland didnt try to upgrade, and Ceci still played over Stetcher. I hope you're right though

I thought Hopkins played great- especially in the third. If he had some wingers who could score, that would be great. But he was all over the ice, back checked well, tried to create offence. I think Holloway needs a bump up
Nuge's line as a threesome gave up essentially nothing 5 vs 5. They had a 5-2 advantage in scoring chances and did not give up a single high danger chance. It would be big if they scored of course but when you play the nuclear option the big thing you want out of the rest of the team is to at leas break even.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Ultimately it came at the expense of Henrique and Carrick, as that 1st rounder would have gotten Tanev. In hindsight are we better off with Henrique, a contributing top-6 forward that's currently nursing an injury and a 13th forward that's sat in the press box so far this second round, or Tanev, who would be our 3rd best dman?

Time will tell maybe
Calgary wasnt trading Tanev to us.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Nurse positive: he had at least 3 good hits, infinitely more than the zero hits he had in game one.
I swear I saw more than 3 hits by Nurse but I choose to believe the stats page..

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Time will tell maybe
And we should have had Dougie Hamilton if we only coughed up triple the cost. . And we should have had Markstrom at 10mil if we really wanted him. And we should have had Karlsson at the cost of Bouchard and 2x 1sts.

Cgy was trying to gouge Holland. At some point you have to draw the line. Dallas ended up w/ Tanev for ALOT cheaper than what was asked of us

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
When knob pulls his head from him ass
?? Ceci and Nurse played the least of all the defenseman last game. Ceci played less than 15 mins. I suspect he comes out, because Broberg or Stetcher can play more competent minutes in that same amount of time.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Nuge's line as a threesome gave up essentially nothing 5 vs 5. They had a 5-2 advantage in scoring chances and did not give up a single high danger chance. It would be big if they scored of course but when you play the nuclear option the big thing you want out of the rest of the team is to at leas break even.
That is not sustainable long term playing drai and McD that much every game

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
?? Ceci and Nurse played the least of all the defenseman last game. Ceci played less than 15 mins. I suspect he comes out, because Broberg or Stetcher can play more competent minutes in that same amount of time.
The less ice time was important. But until Ceci comes out that head is still slightly up the bum

No argument on that . Of the three, he’s the least concerning to me. Kane and Zombie Hopkins need to step up a lot more.
I’ve given up on Nuge being anything other than a good pk and pp guy. Kane has another gear. He’s turned oddly quiet….after the LA series

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

Time will tell maybe
Tanev. He was 5-0 in GF-GA against Vegas top-6 forwards and Bednar is actively trying to get MacKinnon away from that match-up. He'd stabilize the 2nd pairing with Nurse, which is #1 item the Oilers need.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Might be controversial to some but Bouchard had a hell of a defensive game tonight. Stuffed absolutely everything.
Even more to the point Queen Hughes, who was invisilble in this game after getting nailed multiple times and spend the rest of the game crying about a popped pimple is a Norris favorite.

Booch, a far better and more dynamic D that is big and strong and that has arguably the best point shot in the league was incredible in the game and scored the Winner in OT.

Yet Hughes will be the one getting all the votes because he moves the puck around the periphery a lot and he's tiny and falls down a lot.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Is funny to see Cole and Hronek trending on Twitter. Nucks fans losing their minds.

Their D is as bad as the Leafs and getting exposed.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Even more to the point Queen Hughes, who was invisilble in this game after getting nailed multiple times and spend the rest of the game crying about a popped pimple is a Norris favorite.

Booch, a far better and more dynamic D that is big and strong and that has arguably the best point shot in the league was incredible in the game and scored the Winner in OT.

Yet Hughes will be the one getting all the votes because he moves the puck around the periphery a lot and he's tiny and falls down a lot.
100 percent Hughes is a very good player but Bouch right now is right there with him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad