GDT: x-CAR - CHI - DundonSlavin Hockey Co.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
First, I was mistaken — only 6 teams have done it.

3 won the Cup, but really it was only one team. The 1976, 1977, and 1978 Montreal Canadiens.

1996 Detroit goofed in the Finals and got swept by the Devils.

2006 Detroit goofed in the first round and got bounced by the Oilers.

2019 Tampa goofed in the first round and got swept by the Blue Jackets.

Noteworthy — 2013 Chicago was also at this level but didn’t hit 122 because of the short season. They won the Cup.
So... A CHANCE AS GOOD AS ANY.

latest

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham

3 won the Cup, but really it was only one team. The 1976, 1977, and 1978 Montreal Canadiens.

Noteworthy — 2013 Chicago was also at this level but didn’t hit 122 because of the short season. They won the Cup.
Canadian teams winning the cup? Hogwash.. Go wash your mouth out with soap!.

/grin

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
The Colorado fans were in full denial mode a couple of weeks ago about our team being able to compete with their core. They can probably sit down now. TBF, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog, Makar, Toews, and Girard is an excellent group...but their support cast isn't as deep as ours and their special teams haven't been as productive.
Colorado is good but sometimes the altitude impacts their fans’ judgement on many things, and probably a few too many “special” brownies.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

1996 Red Wings were bounced by the Avs in the WCF :teach2:

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Correct sir. The Devils swept the Red Wings in the Finals in 1995.

See when you need to know trivial NHL knowledge like how the Red Wings did in 1996 you come to me, and by come to me I mean I just do a quick Google search.

But, I did know about the '96 Wings not even making it to the Finals but at least they won 2 rounds. I'm still shocked the damn '19 Lightning couldn't even muster one win in the playoffs.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
The Colorado fans were in full denial mode a couple of weeks ago about our team being able to compete with their core. They can probably sit down now. TBF, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog, Makar, Toews, and Girard is an excellent group...but their support cast isn't as deep as ours and their special teams haven't been as productive.
LET’S BE HONEST, LOOKING TO A MATCHUP THAT HAS TO HAPPEN AFTER TWO WON PLAY OFF ROUNDS IS GODDAMN HUBRIS ANYWAY.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Nathan Gerbe

He's barely if at all an NHL'er nowadays but if we were to ever stumble across a 5'4 guy in the draft I wouldn't mind taking a chance on said guy, Gerbe was hella fun to watch. That speed was something else.

Yep, that was the series that kicked off the whole... thing between Detroit and Colorado. And basically put about half a dozen Hall of Famers on “win in ‘97 or we’ll trade your ass to Ottawa” watch.

It's crazy now, if you told a new fan that Colorado-Detroit was a major rivalry in the 90's and early 00's they would probably think it was something akin to the Celtics-Lakers of the 80's in that they met in the Finals often, but nah Detroit was in the West for the longest time.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
The frustration is in knowing that this team could go apeshit and win the Cup in the minimum amount of games and people will still asterisk them because it's a covid season or whatever other dumbass excuse they can find.

Still, 5 years ago, if you had told me the Canes would be the lead horse in a President's Trophy chase at any point in my lifetime, I woulda stuck my dick in the mashed potatoes

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
The frustration is in knowing that this team could go apeshit and win the Cup in the minimum amount of games and people will still asterisk them because it's a covid season or whatever other dumbass excuse they can find.

Still, 5 years ago, if you had told me the Canes would be the lead horse in a President's Trophy chase at any point in my lifetime, I woulda stuck my dick in the mashed potatoes

Haters gonna hate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad