Around the League | Round 1: FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Pathetic. Call me crazy but I’m actually starting to feel a little sorry for Leafs fans having to endure this year after year.
Can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m actually rooting for the Leafs in this series.
I’m for any of the Canadian teams except the Oilers.

Reactions: quat

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
This is maybe the least surprising out come to me. Their offseason was incredibly disfunctional. That carried into their free agency and lack of trade decisions. They did nothing to actually improve the team. Had problems all season; were inconsistent, injured, never had an identity, and didn’t generated any momentum.

Couldn’t even call them a paper tiger because beyond Nylander and Matthews, there’s nothing on that roster.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
petey has been very blah but at least he seems to be looking inward rather than fighting with his teammates
Well one recognizes that he is not playing well, the leafs ones are like nah not our fault, give me the bag.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
At no point in the history of hockey has any Maple Leaf fan ever felt sorry for Canucks fans. You can offer them condolences or feel sorry for them but they have reveled in the Canucks’ failures.

Personally, I feel nothing towards that listless organization. They continue to be propped up by the idea that they are nationally important despite continuously proving to the contrary. All I hope is that there’s finally a shift towards more equal marketing of Canadian teams on a national scale, although I know this is but a flight of whimsy.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Marner scores - is it too little too late?

Leafs are in the same boat as Edmonton for me, except no one on their team performs at as high a tempo come playoff time as McDavid and Draisaitl do for the Oilers. Both teams are poorly constructed and heavily flawed, but where McDavid and Draisaitl are capable of willing the Oilers to big wins, the Leafs’ core just hasn’t shown any sort of ability to do the same in TO. And they get bedazzled by sparkling regular season performances from their big guns while failing to address both their playoff shortcomings, and the way the rest of the roster is constructed.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad