GDT: WWE Survivor Series (Nov. 20, 2016) -- lolol 6 hours in Toronto

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The best thing they can do tomorrow is bring back crazy heel Brock.

I need to see the Brock that pulls car doors off of cars and throws them at fans. That F5s Cole, and kills camera man for the hell of it. I need seething with hatred Brock.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Is such think as bad shock? Do you care if some people are calling your show stupid, as long as everyone is talking:?

Well, I couldn't tell you the last time I actually tuned into Raw (granted, I did tune in for the closing segment last week), but I'm going to be watching tomorrow. However, I couldn't care less about anyone who wasn't in the last two matches of SS.

I have no doubt that they'll see a big spike in the ratings, but what matters more is their long-term plan. Every night can't be like the last hour of SS, so how do you plan on keeping the casual/disillusioned fans interested?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Don't know what to make of that main event, but I guess I'm sort of intrigued for what comes next.

Orton should stay in the family for a while, they're getting hot again. Reckon they'll turn on each other at the Rumble or something though.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Undertaker: give him the belt!

Shane, after killing it as always: plz retire u old fart

Taker's always been a wrestler, and is one of the most legendary to have ever set foot in the ring.

Shane is the boss's 46-year old son who also doubles as an occasional spot monkey and terrible dancer.

Big, big difference.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Taker's always been a wrestler, and is one of the most legendary to have ever set foot in the ring.

Shane is the boss's 46-year old son who also doubles as an occasional spot monkey and terrible dancer.

Big, big difference.
Give me a Shane match over Taker any day of the week. Legend in the ring

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Meh.

I disagree

For all of Stephanie's faults, she is at least wise enough to stay out of the ring in a competitive sense, and remain more managerial than anything else.

I really, really wish Shane did the same. I'll never see him as a wrestler, because he's Vince's kid. He's usually good for one "holy ****" spot every match (hence the "spot monkey" label which I find very fitting for him), but I still can't take him seriously as a wrestler, especially when compared to Undertaker.

Did you watch Shane last night? That goofy shuffle dance he continues to do, the exaggerated "Road Dogg"-esque punches, the fact that he stuck out like a sore thumb in a match full of actual wrestlers.

(I also wasn't a huge fan of Ellsworth being there, for the record. :laugh:)

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
awwwwww HF, dont you dare be sour!

just got done watching. some weird decisions and swerves but fine overall. makes me really wanna watch this weeks Raw/SD so yeah

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Adam nailed it. A lot of stuff happened that made it a good show and opens up some options going forward.

One of them not being discussed is a potential double turn with AJ and Ambrose. Could be happening. Not positive it is.

New Day losing in a minute gave some breathing room to the tag teams.

They've gotta fill that stadium, so, yes Goldberg helps them do that more than Lesnar would. That finish opens more doors than it would have is Lesnar won. A lot of people here and otherwise didn't care about that match at 10pm but everybody gave a **** at 10:30.

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Raw tonight. Brock comes out. says he apologizes to Goldberg. didnt take him seriously. got caught off guard. says he has become complacent. assuming dominance. collects his pay check and does the job. wants the WWE title back, ready to get serious. WWE builds him as an even bigger monster than before, but one that is ready for any real challenge

of course that requires Brock to legitimately stop phoning it in lol

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Raw tonight. Brock comes out. says he apologizes to Goldberg. didnt take him seriously. got caught off guard. says he has become complacent. assuming dominance. collects his pay check and does the job. wants the WWE title back, ready to get serious. WWE builds him as an even bigger monster than before, but one that is ready for any real challenge

of course that requires Brock to legitimately stop phoning it in lol

There are so many ways the WWE can take this angle. While contracts and money ultimately dictate the booking, they have a lot to work with.

At the very minimum, they should be building it to another big 4 PPV, and it should go without saying that it shouldn't be another bull **** squash.

It would not be bad if they took it along the lines of Angle vs Benoit in 2001, two guys that are absolute monsters in the ring, not necessarily fighting for a belt, but fighting to prove they're the best.

Let's be realty, WWE has to have bigger plans for this feud. There is no way, other than unbridled incompetence, to let the feud end like that.

Last edited:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Bottom line, Goldberg's over and they made a huge mistake with Sting. See where it goes. If Goldberg had anywhere near the speed he did 15 years ago it would have looked more believable but Lesnar sold it well.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Adam nailed it. A lot of stuff happened that made it a good show and opens up some options going forward.

One of them not being discussed is a potential double turn with AJ and Ambrose. Could be happening. Not positive it is.

New Day losing in a minute gave some breathing room to the tag teams

They've gotta fill that stadium, so, yes Goldberg helps them do that more than Lesnar would. That finish opens more doors than it would have is Lesnar won. A lot of people here and otherwise didn't care about that match at 10pm but everybody gave a **** at 10:30.

That's was smooth in how the two eliminations early on were pulled off.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
So another explanation that I have been reading to the match is that Goldberg's shoulder was mesSed up. On another note this Ppv has oppened up a lot of avenues for other wrestlers also. You got the Seth and Roman Stuff, the Bray Orton connection. Ambrose and Styles animosity. Even a new day angle. Lastly the Charlotte beat down that was given to Bayley.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
One minor highlight for me was seeing Bray and Braun meet face to face in the center of the ring.. with Jericho yelling like an idiot.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I liked the PPV a lot. Since I dislike Lesnar's role in WWE, the main event was almost perfect. Would have been better if he ate a few more spears first, but I'll take it.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
So much Vince Russo logic in this thread. It's nice that the crowd ate it up, but getting a one-off pop from a crowd at one show is not worth murdering your strongest wrestler.

They could have used the streak rub to help cement a current wrestler but instead it goes to Goldberg. And they had an advertised main event match go for 60 seconds.

It was a farce and it will make a mess of the booking long term. Is that worth one pop?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Imagine the reaction if it were Reigns instead of Goldberg. :laugh:

Reigns would get **** on which is exactly the problem with WWE right now. Their only big stars are nostalgia acts. If that match had any full timer it would have been booed because the fans would feel ripped off. Because of nostalgia, Goldberg gets a good reaction for a terrible match because he was cool 18 years ago.

Nostalgia is all well and good, but it is the main draw in WWE right now and that doesn't work. WWE has great talents like Owens and Styles but they have a leash put on them. They are always going to be a step below the part timers. Owens and Styles were pushed into the backround so they could build the show around a squash between 2 part timers. It's insanity.

What happens with these nostalgia acts? They get interest from former fans who feel nostalgic. What happens to the former fans who tuned in to see Goldberg? They don't stay when Goldberg is gone. And WWE wonders why it's entire audience is slowly eroding away.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00