GDT: WWE Survivor Series (Nov. 20, 2016) -- lolol 6 hours in Toronto

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think people are trying to trick themselves into loving last night's main event. Pretty silly if you ask me. Even Adam's video is himself trying to find cool ways to spin it, but at the end of the day - it is what it is.

Pros:
- It builds intrigue for tonight's Raw to see the fallout. (But then Heyman will just say Goldberg got lucky).
- It saved us from a 15 minute **** match.
- It was shocking.
- It would at least now make sense to have a big match between the two (instead of promoting a ****ing video game).

Cons:
- All this buildup for Lesnar to hand everything over to Goldberg... a guy who hasn't been around for 12 years and won't be around later.
- We couldn't create a new megastar w/ the rub from Taker/Lesnar
- The match sucked. :laugh:
- Goldberg is 50, while in bad ass shape, it's just so stupid to keep bringing these old guys back and refuse to book your youth stronger.
- Even if it does lead to a rematch, we still have to watch those 2 get in a ring and try to wrestle.
- It was the main event of a PPV... a 90 second squash.
- Lesnar loses his aura. He definitely does.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
So dramatic as usual. As if it means nothing now for anyone to go over Lesnar. He was caught off guard and lost. Give him a convincing PPV win then have Wyatt beat him - does wonders for Bray. Hilarious you think there is suddenly no "rub" from beating Brock. He's still the biggest star they've got.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So dramatic as usual. As if it means nothing now for anyone to go over Lesnar. He was caught off guard and lost. Give him a convincing PPV win then have Wyatt beat him - does wonders for Bray. Hilarious you think there is suddenly no "rub" from beating Brock. He's still the biggest star they've got.

Yeah i think it breaks the aura for sure. Guy was dominant since Taker's streak. Absolutely dominant, even in the realm of UFC he got his win.

If WM came and he was going 1 on 1 against someone, meh. Doesn't have that same feel. Same thing as someone beating Taker at WM now. Match just doesn't feel the same. In fact all of Takers post-steak WM matches have really felt bleh at best.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah i think it breaks the aura for sure. Guy was dominant since Taker's streak. Absolutely dominant, even in the realm of UFC he got his win.

If WM came and he was going 1 on 1 against someone, meh. Doesn't have that same feel. Same thing as someone beating Taker at WM now. Match just doesn't feel the same. In fact all of Takers post-steak WM matches have really felt bleh at best.
Brock hasn't really had an aura since Suplex City took over and his matches became boring as ****. Has he been dominant? Yeah. But his matches haven't been something to look forward to for a while now. To think all his star power is gone because of one match is so dramatic. Beating Brock Lesnar would still be a gigantic feat for any up and comer.

Brock completely squashed Cena with 16 german suplexes. Does a win over Cena suddenly mean nothing? Nope.

Isn't that part of the fun?
No, not really. Kind of lame actually.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I think they've been pretty consistently good for a little while now. There was so much fear the brand split was gonna **** everything up, but it hasn't. In fact, it probably helped Survivor Series.

I am going to totally disagree there, I think the split is awful it's just so contrived. :laugh:

But yeah, for this specific PPV because of the style it definitely helped survivor series. If they switched Night of Champions to Raw champions vs. Smackdown Champions that would help that PPV too, but it still isn't enough for me to change my mind about the brand split.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I am going to totally disagree there, I think the split is awful it's just so contrived. :laugh:

But yeah, for this specific PPV because of the style it definitely helped survivor series. If they switched Night of Champions to Raw champions vs. Smackdown Champions that would help that PPV too, but it still isn't enough for me to change my mind about the brand split.
For me, Raw was trash before the split, and is still trash after the split, so the split is irrelevant. But Smackdown is 100x better than it once was, so I love the split. It wasn't even a show worth watching for years after they ended the last brand split.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
For me, Raw was trash before the split, and is still trash after the split, so the split is irrelevant. But Smackdown is 100x better than it once was, so I love the split. It wasn't even a show worth watching for years after they ended the last brand split.

You have some good points, Smackdown actually is better after the split and RAW is trash before and after. The whole thought process of the split is just too terrible for me to not hate it though. Honestly, you could have somewhat of a split without even calling it a split. Have guys who wrestle on Smackdown more than RAW and vice versa, and split up the writing teams however they do it now.

Actually having the split rosters, a draft, all that nonsense I can't stand though. No one cares about Raw vs. Smackdown, at least I am pretty sure no one does. And two world champions is just hilariously bad. The IC title has prestige if you want it to have prestige.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
You have some good points, Smackdown actually is better after the split and RAW is trash before and after. The whole thought process of the split is just too terrible for me to not hate it though. Honestly, you could have somewhat of a split without even calling it a split. Have guys who wrestle on Smackdown more than RAW and vice versa, and split up the writing teams however they do it now.

Actually having the split rosters, a draft, all that nonsense I can't stand though. No one cares about Raw vs. Smackdown, at least I am pretty sure no one does. And two world champions is just hilariously bad. The IC title has prestige if you want it to have prestige.
Yeah, in an ideal world, there's no split, just really good booking. But I can accept reality: Vince doesn't have it anymore. I don't expect greatness from WWE anymore. Smackdown has been infinitely better since the split so I can dig it.

I don't mind having two titles, especially given there's two shows. There's a lot of deserving guys who deserve runs, and this gives more of an opportunity to them.

Oct 18, 2011
If i paid to watch the main event id be upset, but i didnt nor did i watch anything else so idk if the show was good or not

IRT goldberg it is clear hes a draw and WWE sees a chance to make money from RR TO WM.

Also i think lesnar losing his streak to goldberg shows that vince doesnt see any mega stars on his roster. Thats my take away

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
That wasn't a good PPV. Women's match was terrible. IC match was bad. Main event was a complete hope.

Only saving grace was the men's match.
Womens match was fine, clever ending to the IC match, tag match was great, mens match was awesome. Main event was enjoyed by many.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Anyone know what the ratings were for survivor series/ views on the wwe network? How to figure it out? The American music awards were down 31% which was an All time low, that is insane. Sunday night football was down 17%. The AMA even mentioned that survivor series may have had an impact.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Randy Orton was the MVP of the night. Dude is so good and when he cares he can be the best. He cared tonight.
He was good. No doubt. Still comes nowhere close to AJ Styles. Styles selling is off the charts.

The RAW vs SD men's match was great.

The main event was way better than I thought it'd be. I was actually entertained when I thought it'd be unwatchable.

The rest of the show was nothing special.
As a Cesaro fan, I can't believe you didn't really like the tag match. I thought it was great.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That wasn't a good PPV. Women's match was terrible. IC match was bad. Main event was a complete hope.

Only saving grace was the men's match.
Disagree completely.

Women's match was far from terrible. It was decent.
IC Title match was solid with a great ending.
CW match was decent up until the ending. Hopefully it leads somewhere.
Tag match was great.
Men's match was great.
Main Event was all-time.

Crowd was amazing.

Great show. Great ****ing show.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Cxyf9_rWIAARUdr.jpg:large
Brock Lesnar will probably kill Rusev soon to get some heat back.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He was good. No doubt. Still comes nowhere close to AJ Styles. Styles selling is off the charts.

As a Cesaro fan, I can't believe you didn't really like the tag match. I thought it was great.

I think Orton's performance was better. He's so damn good even when he isn't tryingnthat it isn't fair for the others when he does try.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Saw the RKO coming a mile away and still popped.

Although, I hate the commentary's desperation to always say RKO outta nowhere after the initial call of RKO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->