GDT: WWE Survivor Series (Nov. 20, 2016) -- lolol 6 hours in Toronto

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I love that Seth wasn't going for a flying nothing and instead actually went for a frog splash on Bray.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
He was good. No doubt. Still comes nowhere close to AJ Styles. Styles selling is off the charts.

As a Cesaro fan, I can't believe you didn't really like the tag match. I thought it was great.

Right, the tag match was decent. A lot of dumb eliminations though.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Saw the RKO coming a mile away and still popped.

Although, I hate the commentary's desperation to always say RKO outta nowhere after the initial call of RKO.

I don't know if that's the boss in Cole's ear making him constantly use that line, or Cole himself just overdoing it as always. :help:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's instructed.

There's so much that the commentators have to say like that due to marketing and branding. The RKO out of nowhere thing took off, and thus they keep using it to push more stuff. They're not wrong to do it, and it has to be done to some extent, but it does generally suck.

What makes it worse is that Cole is seen as 'uncool' by fans, thus anything he says is instantly killed. But he has to keep saying it as that's his job.

But I don't think Cole is bad, he's just in a job where he can't win.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
It's instructed.

There's so much that the commentators have to say like that due to marketing and branding. The RKO out of nowhere thing took off, and thus they keep using it to push more stuff. They're not wrong to do it, and it has to be done to some extent, but it does generally suck.

What makes it worse is that Cole is seen as 'uncool' by fans, thus anything he says is instantly killed. But he has to keep saying it as that's his job.

But I don't think Cole is bad, he's just in a job where he can't win.

There is still plenty that bad about cole.

His over the top calls for certain situations where it sounds like he literally shoves the mic down his mouth to make the call, his constant **** ups for moves like the michinoku driver (sp?) that to the point where he kept saying that for every time someone did a sit out power bomb or blue thunder bomb and there's been other moves too. Then there's times where he just won't shut the hell up about some side story where he should be calling moves in the match and someone else has to chime in and do it for him (graves does this plenty now)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I hate how he exaggerates calls by plugging his nose and shouting into his mic at times. Like... why are you plugging your nose?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I think Orton's performance was better. He's so damn good even when he isn't tryingnthat it isn't fair for the others when he does try.
Orton couldn't even hold Style's hair. There is no way in this world that Randy Orton is a better performer than AJ Styles. None.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Orton couldn't even hold Style's hair. There is no way in this world that Randy Orton is a better performer than AJ Styles. None.

When it comes to ring work, Orton can compare to Styles. As a character, he's not even close.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Styles is GOAT tier, like... he and Omega are neck-and-neck as the best in the world today, imo. Orton is right up there in the top-3 in the WWE when he gives a damn, though. There's a pretty large gap between Styles and the next best guy in the company, though. At Survivor Series Orton was fantastic though, imo.

Also, Joe's powerslam is awesome too.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Styles is GOAT tier, like... he and Omega are neck-and-neck as the best in the world today, imo. Orton is right up there in the top-3 in the WWE when he gives a damn, though. There's a pretty large gap between Styles and the next best guy in the company, though. At Survivor Series Orton was fantastic though, imo.

Also, Joe's powerslam is awesome too.

Styles
Cesaro
Orton
Neville
Rollins/Owens
----
Sami

Watching Neville in NXT was truly something. His german suplex was so good.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Orton is insanely talented. He always has been. His two biggest problems is he doesn't always give a ****, and his style can be quite boring. His talent can't be denied though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Styles
Cesaro
Orton
Neville
Rollins/Owens
----
Sami

Watching Neville in NXT was truly something. His german suplex was so good.

Actually the number 1 and 2 in WWE right now is AJ and then KO. AJ is clearly having the absolute best year in the ring, but KO isn't that far behind. He has had a number of MOTYC's this year. Sami has had a lot of good matches too.

Neville is great and is criminally underused.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad