GDT: WWE Network Special - WWE ROADBLOCK (Saturday, March 12, 2016) - HHH vs. Ambrose

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
No offense to Zayn...but he'll be a mid-carder soon enough...boring gimmick...chinlock city...getting no offense and just selling...

Ain'T gonna work in WWE sorry...and he has no look/no mic skill

Certainly it's worrying that Sami got booked in a match like this. He's not gonna work in the WWE if their plan is to have Sami booked in matches like that. To get worked over by a guy worth literally nothing...That's not Sami's fault though. He got put in the wrong position.

Hopefully they realise how ****ing stupid that booking/agent/whatever decision was

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I really don't have anything to back this up but I feel like Roadblock was Triple H's idea. A midcard/NXT showcase with a few established guys to give it credibility. Doesn't seem like a Vince McMahon idea.

Triple H has almost unlimited creative control over himself, I don't think he would have agreed to fight Ambrose at a glorified house show if he wasn't an Ambrose fan.

And wasn't it reported that Triple H was advocating Ambrose win the WWE WHC tournament as a swerve to the obvious Roman victory?

Trips always puts Ambrose over in his WWE.com interviews with Cole, and did a pretty good job making Dean look credible prior to their Roadblock match.

I think it's fair to say HHH likes Dean a lot and really wants to see him be successful. Dean is an NXT guy, he's a Shield guy. I think it's obvious Trips likes him a lot. His booking hasn't been great but it's been a LOT better than previous guys like Wyatt and Ziggler. I think HHH is trying to protect him now for future programs after Roman inevitably fails.

You have to admit - things are set up for Dean pretty damn similar to what the situation Zayn was in after he hit rock bottom in his feud with Neville. If that's what they want to do they have a perfect foundation to build off.

No doubt HHH is an Ambrose fan, but as long as Vince is around it doesn't matter because Ambrose ain't going to NXT or anything like that.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I really don't have anything to back this up but I feel like Roadblock was Triple H's idea. A midcard/NXT showcase with a few established guys to give it credibility. Doesn't seem like a Vince McMahon idea.

Triple H has almost unlimited creative control over himself, I don't think he would have agreed to fight Ambrose at a glorified house show if he wasn't an Ambrose fan.

And wasn't it reported that Triple H was advocating Ambrose win the WWE WHC tournament as a swerve to the obvious Roman victory?

Trips always puts Ambrose over in his WWE.com interviews with Cole, and did a pretty good job making Dean look credible prior to their Roadblock match.

I think it's fair to say HHH likes Dean a lot and really wants to see him be successful. Dean is an NXT guy, he's a Shield guy. I think it's obvious Trips likes him a lot. His booking hasn't been great but it's been a LOT better than previous guys like Wyatt and Ziggler. I think HHH is trying to protect him now for future programs after Roman inevitably fails.

You have to admit - things are set up for Dean pretty damn similar to what the situation Zayn was in after he hit rock bottom in his feud with Neville. If that's what they want to do they have a perfect foundation to build off.
Yeah I agree the way they are booking Dean doesn't come off as not caring about him they are still pushing Reigns to the moon but seem to at least be protecting Ambrose at the same time and honestly building him up better lol

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
No doubt HHH is an Ambrose fan, but as long as Vince is around it doesn't matter because Ambrose ain't going to NXT or anything like that.

I know, but it certainly seems like Trips is sheltering the NXT guys once they get to the main roster. Owens, Rusev, Sasha, Becky, Cesaro, Big E, Charlotte, Neville, Kalisto, even jobbers like Breeze and Rose have been given full matches and good looks on the main roster.

NXT is HHH's baby and he goes out of his way to make those guys look good. I don't think Haitch is sheltering them for the sake of sheltering them, I think hes doing it because he knows Vince's guys (Roman, Ryback, Strowman, etc) will fail and when they do fail he wants HIS guys to be in good positions to take advantage of it.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I know, but it certainly seems like Trips is sheltering the NXT guys once they get to the main roster. Owens, Rusev, Sasha, Becky, Cesaro, Big E, Charlotte, Neville, Kalisto, even jobbers like Breeze and Rose have been given full matches and good looks on the main roster.

NXT is HHH's baby and he goes out of his way to make those guys look good. I don't think Haitch is sheltering them for the sake of sheltering them, I think hes doing it because he knows Vince's guys (Roman, Ryback, Strowman, etc) will fail and when they do fail he wants HIS guys to be in good positions to take advantage of it.

I agree in the sense that HHH has generally done a great job protecting or hiding his projects from Vince for as long as he could.

Breeze wasn't as lucky. He was delegated to jobber status within a month and off TV shortly after. He wasn't given any build up or chance to develop once he hit the main roster and is 100% the evidence some NXT talent would look at for wanting to avoid the main roster. Even Adam Rose went undeafeated for a bit and is still fairly regular on TV years later.

kingbrath

Jul 15, 2002
Calgary, AB
Visit site
So maybe they still throw Dean in the main event at mania? They can replay the tape and see that Deans foot was not under the rope and that he deserves another title shot? Maybe Bray faces Brock?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So maybe they still throw Dean in the main event at mania? They can replay the tape and see that Deans foot was not under the rope and that he deserves another title shot? Maybe Bray faces Brock?

No and no. It's going to be HHH/Reigns and Ambrose/Lesnar. They just botched the placement of it, which is why Triple H tried rolling over closer to the ropes and extending himself so Ambrose's foot could be under the rope before and during the pin.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
None...he's a very talented wrestler...he's just not build for WWE .

Ill give him the Kalysto title and let him work a little bit...

Then you have nothing to base your opinion on. He has no gimmick in the WWE yet. If he hasn't even spoken on WWE TV, you can't actually say he has no mic skills or can't hack it there.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
No offense to Zayn...but he'll be a mid-carder soon enough...boring gimmick...chinlock city...getting no offense and just selling...

Ain'T gonna work in WWE sorry...and he has no look/no mic skill

How can you say he has no mic skill? Has he cut a legit promo on live WWE TV yet? Miz TV doesn't count.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Sooooo what do people think about Roman Reigns at this point? He's main eventing the show of shows and he has barely even been talked about. Will the crowd be less relentless on him since he's not on television?

It's really weird building the main event without the guy even being talked about.

I don't see how they'll be less relentless on him, since WM crowds are absolutely dominated by smarks, it's likely that they'll be even harder on him since he hasn't been on television--it comes off like the WWE is keeping him from these shows since they're in smarkier cities on the RTWM. I know he had the surgery and whatnot, but I think I can see that POV, the WWE doesn't even want him to make an appearance to do ANYTHING to further his storyline with HHH?

At this point, I'm not anticipating anything other than a total annihilation, crowd reaction-wise, for Reigns at WM32

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Vince chose Roman as his branch to go out on a limb on and it's going to crash and burn in such spectacular fashion it isn't even funny.

Pitt will bury Roman if he shows up tomorrow.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Fun show tonight other than the drunk idiots in our section making statutory rape chants nonstop about Stephanie towards Triple H. Crowd started really hot but died after Lesnar. Crowd sucked big time for the main event. Some booing Ambrose, chanting for Punk and Bryan, blah.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

Reading too much into it. Dean probably saw there was no way he's reaching the rope with his foot and wasn't going to drag HHH closer to make it extremely obvious so he just did the best he could for the plot.

member 116861

Here is my biased opinion on the show.

- The WWE Tag Titles match was okay, I guess. We've seen this match like a thousand times before and it isn't all that great. Throw in 4 guys who are all average wrestlers and have them wrestle without a good story and you get an okayish match.

- Chris Jericho vs Jack Swagger happened. Why does Jack Swagger keep coming out to defend the honour of Canada? Happened in a house show near Vancouver I went to and it happened again. Why Jack Swagger?

- NXT tag titles match was really good. That could have been the best I've seen Enzo wrestle, he was on fire. The match reminded me of the London match that they had but that was a good match and this one was even better.

- Charlotte vs Natalya was the best womens match in a while. Easily the match of the night in my opinion, I think the majority knew Natalya was good but she impressed a ton. I hope this puts an end to the Charlotte sucks arguments I've seen online because she is pretty damn good.

- What was that Brock Lesnar vs. Wyatt garbage? I know everyone has the 5 moves of doom in the WWE but Lesnar really needs to do more than german suplexes. I assume Lesnar vs Wyatt will happen down the road which kind of excuses the match but I expected more.

- Sami Zayn match was incredibly boring. I hate to use the term boring but a whole lot of nothing happened in a match that seemed pretty long. What sucks is that it was Cody Rhodes and Sami Zayn who can both wrestle really well but their wasn't much offense and a ton of restholds.

- I say this as someone who doesn't like HHH or Dean Ambrose because I don't get the hype behind them. The match was incredibly meh, other than when Dean Ambrose showed he could actually do some wrestling moves with the figure 4 and sharpshooter, I thought it was pretty bad. It was passable wrestling but the main event should be so much better.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I too, thought that natalya's match deserved match of the night props. However, I disagree that charolette proved that she was amazing in it. She missed some obvious setups early in the match (hence my drunk comment) she got better as the match went on but you still can't be messing up obvious things like supposed to be putting your hands up for your opponent to complete their submission.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
When HHH gets cheered in the match and after the pin, in Toronto(bizzaro world or not) it just shows that a)Ambrose is not as over or as good at his role as his fans think he is and b)what chance does Reigns have to not look like a complete doofus at Mania and afterwards if he's the champ?

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
To be fair to Ambrose, I thought the belt should have stayed on Brock since he re-signed with WWE. Last night illustrated why.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
When HHH gets cheered in the match and after the pin, in Toronto(bizzaro world or not) it just shows that a)Ambrose is not as over or as good at his role as his fans think he is and b)what chance does Reigns have to not look like a complete doofus at Mania and afterwards if he's the champ?

So a Hall of Famer who hasn't wrestled in Canada in god knows how long, getting cheered after a great match is a sign that Ambrose isn't over? Even though he's getting the biggest pops week in and week out on Raw? :laugh:

Just seems silly to say that Ambrose isn't over because of the crowd reaction from a glorified house show, not to mention he's done an exceptional job of carrying two of the three Mania main event feuds

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

Ambrose is not over like this board would like to believe, he's just more over than Reigns, but that's not saying much.

Rollins needs to get back ASAP

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3