GDT: WWE Network Special - WWE ROADBLOCK (Saturday, March 12, 2016) - HHH vs. Ambrose

S A W F T*

I think it was all well done. Dean has the upper hand most of the match, crowd is still hot from the false finish, and the quick finish shocks the crowd and doesn't cool down with Hunter putting in offense before the finish. Dean did get the 3-count, so while he doesn't get the win, still looks very strong.

GTFO with your voice of reason! I want to be angry! :cry:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Roadblock could change the entire landscape or WM guys. Like it toooooootally could, maybe, kind of, almost, change WM!!! It could totally happen!! OMG!! - WWE for a few weeks

*nothing happens, no titles change hands, no WrestleMania plans changed*

WWE Folks

:laugh: obvious outcomes where obvious, but Roadblock was fun

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Enzo and Cass tag match was the highlight for me. Gonna have to start watching NXT(and stop watching Raw) if that's the kind of matches happening there.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Enzo and Cass tag match was the highlight for me. Gonna have to start watching NXT(and stop watching Raw) if that's the kind of matches happening there.

NXT is a treat to watch, man. The matches blow Raw out of the water. The product is fantastic down there. Lots of energy, great atmosphere, and a focus on quality wrestling instead of this exaggerated soap opera garbage.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Speaking of, it only occurred to me after Cole mentioned it that NXT Takeover Dallas starts at 10pm ET. Forgot to account for local time. It was cool when it was London, but this might actually be a pain in the ass.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Thought the main event was good. I actually really dug the false finish. That had me and they used an excellent rule in the match that wasn't obvious. I also thought the highlight of the night, by far, was Enzo and Cass.

The weird thing is, Dean and Bray have the same mega issue. Both were really soaring high and looking to be main eventers, but lost all credibility when they just flat out kept losing. Dean has lost title shots to Rollins, he's lost 2 or 3 times to Reigns (clean) now, and lost clean to HHH. If anyone doesn't deserve a title shot, it's Dean at this point. To the bottom he goes after Lesnar beats him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Reception for Enzo and Cass and that match should have convinced Hunter (if he needed to be) that NXT needs to tour Canada this summer.

Thought the main event was good. I actually really dug the false finish. That had me and they used an excellent rule in the match that wasn't obvious. I also thought the highlight of the night, by far, was Enzo and Cass.

The weird thing is, Dean and Bray have the same mega issue. Both were really soaring high and looking to be main eventers, but lost all credibility when they just flat out kept losing. Dean has lost title shots to Rollins, he's lost 2 or 3 times to Reigns (clean) now, and lost clean to HHH. If anyone doesn't deserve a title shot, it's Dean at this point. To the bottom he goes after Lesnar beats him.

It'll just make the payoff that much better.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I missed it. So Dean got a 3 but the ref didn't see it and then Hunter won?

If so that could lead to a main event change but that seems more like the typical status quo finish to keep both looking strong without changing anything.

It could be used by Dean post mania to demand a title shot though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I disagree that a loss to Brock sends Dean to the bottom.

You can still have Dean lose and book him strong post mania. It's Brock in a street fight. You don't lose credibility from the match itself. He only loses it if they bury him post mania.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I can see them setting up Dean for a "road to redemption" storyline like Zayn and Bayley had in NXT. Beat all the guys he's lost to over the past year or so and have him build momentum for the eventual championship victory.

Have Ambrose beat Owens, then beat Rollins, then beat HHH, and then beat Roman clean sometime around Summer Slam/ Survivor Series and become WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

If so that could lead to a main event change but that seems more like the typical status quo finish to keep both looking strong without changing anything.

Dean's foot was under the rope so the referee waived it off.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

Ref ruled that Dean had his feet under the ropes, so even though it was a three count he ruled it an illegal pin.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can see them setting up Dean for a "road to redemption" storyline like Zayn and Bayley had in NXT. Beat all the guys he's lost to over the past year or so and have him build momentum for the eventual championship victory.

Have Ambrose beat Owens, then beat Rollins, then beat HHH, and then beat Roman clean sometime around Summer Slam/ Survivor Series and become WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

WWE, well, at least Vince, is in the Roman Reigns business. They don't care about Dean Ambrose.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
No offense to Zayn...but he'll be a mid-carder soon enough...boring gimmick...chinlock city...getting no offense and just selling...

Ain'T gonna work in WWE sorry...and he has no look/no mic skill

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm not saying he WILL be the next Daniel Bryan but he has a lot of similar qualities.

I think he could easily be the 'every man' face that the crowd just gets behind.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
WWE, well, at least Vince, is in the Roman Reigns business. They don't care about Dean Ambrose.

I really don't have anything to back this up but I feel like Roadblock was Triple H's idea. A midcard/NXT showcase with a few established guys to give it credibility. Doesn't seem like a Vince McMahon idea.

Triple H has almost unlimited creative control over himself, I don't think he would have agreed to fight Ambrose at a glorified house show if he wasn't an Ambrose fan.

And wasn't it reported that Triple H was advocating Ambrose win the WWE WHC tournament as a swerve to the obvious Roman victory?

Trips always puts Ambrose over in his WWE.com interviews with Cole, and did a pretty good job making Dean look credible prior to their Roadblock match.

I think it's fair to say HHH likes Dean a lot and really wants to see him be successful. Dean is an NXT guy, he's a Shield guy. I think it's obvious Trips likes him a lot. His booking hasn't been great but it's been a LOT better than previous guys like Wyatt and Ziggler. I think HHH is trying to protect him now for future programs after Roman inevitably fails.

You have to admit - things are set up for Dean pretty damn similar to what the situation Zayn was in after he hit rock bottom in his feud with Neville. If that's what they want to do they have a perfect foundation to build off.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sooooo what do people think about Roman Reigns at this point? He's main eventing the show of shows and he has barely even been talked about. Will the crowd be less relentless on him since he's not on television?

It's really weird building the main event without the guy even being talked about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad