GDT: WWE Network Special - WWE ROADBLOCK (Saturday, March 12, 2016) - HHH vs. Ambrose

S A W F T*

Ambrose is not over like this board would like to believe, he's just more over than Reigns, but that's not saying much.

Rollins needs to get back ASAP

I'm betting we see Rollins the night after WM.

Even if he can't wrestle yet, he's going to be there to ruin the Reigns coronation.

I'm hoping it's heel Reigns with a returning face Rollins.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Here is my biased opinion on the show.

- I say this as someone who doesn't like HHH or Dean Ambrose because I don't get the hype behind them. The match was incredibly meh, other than when Dean Ambrose showed he could actually do some wrestling moves with the figure 4 and sharpshooter, I thought it was pretty bad. It was passable wrestling but the main event should be so much better.

Agreed. The Dean Ambrose hype continues to perplex me.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So Dean Ambrose does moves that were loved by CM Punk like the set of moves leading into the neckbreaker.... but gets no love for being a wrestler. When CM Punk did it, people called him the best wrestler. Dean Ambrose does the combination and we only give him wrestling skills when he does a sharpshooter. :laugh:

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
So a Hall of Famer who hasn't wrestled in Canada in god knows how long, getting cheered after a great match is a sign that Ambrose isn't over? Even though he's getting the biggest pops week in and week out on Raw? :laugh:

Just seems silly to say that Ambrose isn't over because of the crowd reaction from a glorified house show, not to mention he's done an exceptional job of carrying two of the three Mania main event feuds
I never said Ambrose wasn't over at all. He's not AS over as you think he is. Mark Madden said it best: "'Brian Pillman crazy' gets over. 'Terry Funk crazy' gets over. 'Network sitcom crazy' - that's what Dean Ambrose is - and it ain't over." He's not even Bryan-over much less those guys.

Doesn't matter how long he hasn't wrestled; Trips is supposed to be the top heel, the one who is a reason why the WWE sucks from a product standpoint. Yet he gets cheered in the match against the most "popular" guy and gets a nice pop for the pin. Which means Ambrose isn't doing his job correctly or he's not that over.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Triple H is never going to be the top heel when he's so closely associated with NXT, especially at an even that featured a fantastic NXT match on the card the HHH was responsible for giving us.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Watching the show now, and I can't believe this but that Sami Zayn match was just terrible. What in the hell was that? Stardust takes 97% of the offense in the most boring fashion.

The Revival is just so awesome. Everything I want in a tag team.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For those questioning Sami Zayn, I'm positive he'll get over. Confident since Ryan Ward is the writer on Smackdown. And Kevin Owens will make sure of it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Triple H will never get booed where smarks outweigh marks ever again. He gave us NXT.

Toronto's crowd was something else last night, though, and not in the good way.

member 116861

So Dean Ambrose does moves that were loved by CM Punk like the set of moves leading into the neckbreaker.... but gets no love for being a wrestler. When CM Punk did it, people called him the best wrestler. Dean Ambrose does the combination and we only give him wrestling skills when he does a sharpshooter. :laugh:

What idiot called CM Punk the best wrestler in the world? In terms of total package, sure you can say that but strictly talking about in-ring stuff, he wasn't. Daniel Bryan was literally right there in the spotlight as well. Regardless of that, CM Punk was much better in the ring than Ambrose. Also sharing one move doesn't justify a comparison, I could easily say that Roman Reigns deserves the same love as Edge because they share the same move. I won't do that though because it focuses on one move instead of all the other characteristics that separate them making one a hall of famer and the other barely better than Ryback.

Also why the word "we". Literally 2 people agree with that in this thread. It seems like most in this thread love Ambrose.

The reason I dislike Dean Ambrose so much is the incredibly weak punches, the stupid rebound lariat which he uses every single match, when he jogs slowly to the corner and puts one foot on the bottom turnbuckle and slowly jogs back again hitting a weak strike. For a guy who is suppose to be a "brawler", his strikes and movements in the ring aren't fierce/aggressive at all.

I too, thought that natalya's match deserved match of the night props. However, I disagree that charolette proved that she was amazing in it. She missed some obvious setups early in the match (hence my drunk comment) she got better as the match went on but you still can't be messing up obvious things like supposed to be putting your hands up for your opponent to complete their submission.

I didn't say that Charlotte was amazing because she still has her faults. I'm just arguing that she is good instead of bad. By bad, I mean I saw some comparisons to Nikki Bella.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Triple H will never get booed where smarks outweigh marks ever again. He gave us NXT.

Toronto's crowd was something else last night, though, and not in the good way.
I think it was an awkward crowed. It was meant to be a house show, so the audience was probably a different make up from what would be for a bigger show.

There was that same problem with Elimination Chamber last year. That was a house show turned into a PPV like three weeks before it happened.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The thing with Ambrose's ****** strikes is that he doesn't even connect with them. He connected with maybe 30% of his strikes in Montreal. Everything else was clearly an inch or two away from whoever he was working on.

I think it was an awkward crowed. It was meant to be a house show, so the audience was probably a different make up from what would be for a bigger show.

There was that same problem with Elimination Chamber last year. That was a house show turned into a PPV like three weeks before it happened.

Well, the difference there is one was Toronto and the other was Corpus Christi. :P

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Finally finished this

The tag matches were pretty solid and were some of the highlights of the night, Seamus and Barret were especially solid

Jericho and Swagger was painful, I was just waiting and waiting for it to end and it refused to do so

Divas title match was meh, it was predictable and wow both Charlotte and Natalya just can not act

I don't understand the point of a singles match between Lesnar and Harper, I'm surprised how much offense Luke managed to get it, but there's no real challenge or surprise here

Stardust? He's? I don't know how to feel; Zayn elicits a similar reaction

That final match was just. . . like, there were parts with some rythym that worked nicely, but as soon as Aitch got half-layed on the Spanish announce table I was just like. . . yep

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
For those questioning Sami Zayn, I'm positive he'll get over. Confident since Ryan Ward is the writer on Smackdown. And Kevin Owens will make sure of it.

Agreed, I think his rivalry with Owens will help get him over. I don't think he'll get the Tyler Breeze treatment. He's a better worker then what we saw from last night. The Stardust match was just...weird.....both can do much better. Crowd was dead by that match so that didn't help. It happens sometimes.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
ambrose in montreal was terrible. but im sure he wanted the two quebec guys to shine in montreal for the main-event and he had his "most important match ever" the next day in toronto, so he didnt really delivered.
this match with HHH was good, but predictible, which didnt help.

everyone here has been in love with ambrose since day one. (some waaay before that), but yeah he's definitely not as good or over as some people here think he is.

this was just a house show with a cool name that hapenned to air on the network and the more you look at it, it was more a distraction to not have people booing at reigns for 5 straight weeks, going into wm.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
It's a shame. Ambrose was a big hit at the house show last year, and he got one of the louder in-match pops when he grabbed Braun Stroman and nailed him with at least two dozen quick forearm smashes. Crowd erupted.

But yeah, he needs to stop with the punches. Concentrate more on the forearm smashes, which are easier to create the illusion of action contact.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ambrose throws wild strikes. It reminds me of The Joker in the Dark Knight. It's not intended to hurt... it's intended to just be crazy. I like that. It looks like he loses control and just throws throwing anything.

I see why people dislike it. Personally, I like it.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What idiot called CM Punk the best wrestler in the world? In terms of total package, sure you can say that but strictly talking about in-ring stuff, he wasn't. Daniel Bryan was literally right there in the spotlight as well. Regardless of that, CM Punk was much better in the ring than Ambrose. Also sharing one move doesn't justify a comparison, I could easily say that Roman Reigns deserves the same love as Edge because they share the same move. I won't do that though because it focuses on one move instead of all the other characteristics that separate them making one a hall of famer and the other barely better than Ryback.

Also why the word "we". Literally 2 people agree with that in this thread. It seems like most in this thread love Ambrose.

The reason I dislike Dean Ambrose so much is the incredibly weak punches, the stupid rebound lariat which he uses every single match, when he jogs slowly to the corner and puts one foot on the bottom turnbuckle and slowly jogs back again hitting a weak strike. For a guy who is suppose to be a "brawler", his strikes and movements in the ring aren't fierce/aggressive at all.

I didn't say that Charlotte was amazing because she still has her faults. I'm just arguing that she is good instead of bad. By bad, I mean I saw some comparisons to Nikki Bella.

You are correct that I'm letting 2 people speak for the majority. It's definitely the minority. But I hear a lot that Ambrose can't wrestle and that bugs me. :laugh:

And nobody in the world (except one user) would argue against DB. DB, in my opinion, is the best wrestler I've ever seen. Period.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
After watching Roadblock on PVR today, it has further convinced me that we're going to see a Shield Reunion at WM.

Just a hunch, but I think it's going to swerve and end up Lesnar/Bray, and a triple threat with HHH/Roman/Ambrose.

HHH wins dirty, busts out sledge hammer, starts giving it to Dean and Roman.

Rollins music hits.

Seth makes his way down to the ring, looks like he's going to congratulate HHH, and as he's about to hand him the belt.... smashes him with it, leaving HHH lying unconscious in the middle of the ring.

Seth standing over him. Ambrose and Reigns walk up to survey what just happened. They all look at each other. Rollins puts his fist out.

Fists come out over HHH.

Boom.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
After watching Roadblock on PVR today, it has further convinced me that we're going to see a Shield Reunion at WM.

Just a hunch, but I think it's going to swerve and end up Lesnar/Bray, and a triple threat with HHH/Roman/Ambrose.

HHH wins dirty, busts out sledge hammer, starts giving it to Dean and Roman.

Rollins music hits.

Seth makes his way down to the ring, looks like he's going to congratulate HHH, and as he's about to hand him the belt.... smashes him with it, leaving HHH lying unconscious in the middle of the ring.

Seth standing over him. Ambrose and Reigns walk up to survey what just happened. They all look at each other. Rollins puts his fist out.

Fists come out over HHH.

Boom.

I don't know Rollins condition but it still seems early for something like this (both a Shield reunion and his return).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00