Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] D Rasmus Sandin extension with the Capitals (5 years, $4.6M AAV)

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
The fact that he was able to instantly carry a load with Washington suggests he was never used properly in Toronto. He handles 21-22 minutes a game now regularly. But couldn't be trusted with 17 or 18 with the Leafs.

Hope he does well. Seems like a great contract for him, and a fair deal for WSH.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
He’s a solid mobile Dman.
That’s good value. He may seem vanilla most games, but he’s a good 3/4D- pair with someone he works well with, and you’ll forget about him back there. (For the good)

Reactions: hullsy47

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
He's been their best defenseman beside Carlson since day 1 and he's improved a lot defensively this season. The points don't look impressive they don't score a ton as a team.

Reactions: Lauro and Fatass

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
He must have really improved in Washington this year. I haven't watched him a ton. Good for him.
Yeah, he has been more consistent with the Caps since the Leafs traded him. The salary is going up the next 2 seasons, so he fits in line with being a 3/4 d-man.

Reactions: TLEH

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
The fact that he was able to instantly carry a load with Washington suggests he was never used properly in Toronto. He handles 21-22 minutes a game now regularly. But couldn't be trusted with 17 or 18 with the Leafs.

Hope he does well. Seems like a great contract for him, and a fair deal for WSH.
We've been log jammed at LD forever now. If he could've played RD he'd still be with us, I believe.

Reactions: banks

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

He was behind Rielly-Muzzin and then behind Rielly-McCabe. He couldn't play his off side very well and Dubas has this cute little habit of "doing right by guys" and trading them for better opportunities even if it's not a great trade for the Leafs. I think if they held onto him he'd have been playing a more prominent role this season

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
We've been log jammed at LD forever now. If he could've played RD he'd still be with us, I believe.

Yep. Maybe all he really needed was opportunity.

I wasn't his biggest fan. But I'm happy he's succeeding with Washington. This contract proves they see him as a long-term building block.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I kinda hope he'd take a jump in point production, but he seems like he's more likely to go the Orlov route. That, to me, makes this deal that'll range from either a good deal to a steal pretty quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad