Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] D Rasmus Sandin extension with the Capitals (5 years, $4.6M AAV)

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I don't know that this was a bad decision, because I don't see a better alternative.

JMO but Sandin has not been very good in Washington. He blows assignments, he's not particularly good defensively and his offensive upside isn't as high as I was hoping.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't know that this was a bad decision, because I don't see a better alternative.

JMO but Sandin has not been very good in Washington. He blows assignments, he's not particularly good defensively and his offensive upside isn't as high as I was hoping.

To me, Sandin’s value is particularly high between the two blue lines. He’s by far the best defenseman in transition on the team, no one skates the puck up the ice as well as him.

This is an area where Orlov excelled, so they replaced that part and the rest can develop later on throughout the deal.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I don't like Sandin over any of our smallish d-men (Rielly, Liljegren, Brodie) and we needed some beef so McCabe is a much better option on 2nd pair LD. I would not take him back, especially at that price to be a bottom pair D. I don't even think I would take Sandin over Benoit for bottom pair LD tbh.
I've always thought Rasmus Sandin might be good at LW, but he sure doesn't look like a top-four defenceman to me.

It's frightening when a foward blows by him at the point in the O-zone. He doesn't have a hope in hell of catching up to defend.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Nah, Leafs D is not good enough. They shouldn't have traded him in the first place. Caps got a good piece with Sandin for D rental the Leafs didn't re-sign.
Sure as long as you ignore the major piece in the trade for the Leafs it looks bad.

For those that don't know the Leafs ALSO got a 1st round pick back in the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad