HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
only 8 players over the last 10 years score more points then he did during his ELC. How is that overated?

There is arguments for not wanting Zegras but over rated its not a valid one
Zegras seems like a nice kid but I don't see him ready to bleed to win a game. I want those guys.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I get what you are trying to do here, but that top 6 would get run-over come playoff time. From what I've seen from Sharangovich, while not small, he isn't physical.

Thankfully Hughes seems to value size and speed, along with skill. I do love the potential of that third line.
That's why, if we are sure that we can get Lindstrom, the package he brings is better, for sure. Hypothetically, anyhow -- kid still needs to do it against adults in the pros.

Size and skill over just skill and zero physicality, you always choose size and skill.

Reactions: malcb33

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Zegras seems like a nice kid but I don't see him ready to bleed to win a game. I want those guys.
I may be wrong but Zegras seems more of a stereotypical modern "chad" type than a pretty boy. I think he just needs to be unlocked and he'll deliver more. I don't think he's mentally frail, for instance.

Obviously the above is entirely speculative and baseless but it's just a vibe.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

durojean

May 29, 2007
Verbeek apparently let it be known this week he’s looking to add 2 big + physical elements:

A young top-4 RDman + RW

As just posted:

Verbeek apparently let it be known to is week he wants to add a big + physical young top-4 RDman and RW
Xhekaj and Anderson for Zegras ?

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
That's a no from me.

Move Xhekaj at your own peril.
Overvalue X much?

You would refuse to sell a guy that was undrafted and is a bottom pair D, plus unload a 3 year x 5.5M anchor contract, in exchange for the 3rd most productive player of the 2019 draft????

Verbeek would delete Hughes' number if he offered this, and yet it's too much for you!!

Last edited:
Reactions: themilosh

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Overvalue X much?

You would refuse to sell a guy that was undrafted and is a bottom pair D, plus unload a 3 year x 5.5M anchor contract, in exchange for the 3rd most productive player of the 1999 draft????

Verbeek would delete Hughes' number if he offered this, and yet it's too much for you!!

Zetterberg? :D

Yeah that's a fair call out. I think you're right that the value is way off.

I'm just not interested in trading Xhekaj. Which probably is seen as silly in a utilitarian, asset value maximizing way if we were to turn down an offer like this.

What I probably should have said to that post was: if that's the ask for Zegras let's find a way to fit a different Dman in, even if we have to add some picks or something else.

Reactions: Pat Riot

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
With such a trade, Montreal lands the 25-year old Sharangovich, who has shown he can be a scoring winger with 31 goals this season. He can also play any forward position and would provide security in case Dach proves to be injury cursed. Plus, he fits the demographics of the younger core.

Then, with the 9th OA pick, they are in the running for Eiserman, if nothing else. That would mean two scoring forwards added to the system.

I definitely like the potential to get 30+ goals, eventually, from Caufield, Suzuki, Slafkovsky, Sharangovich and Eiserman, plus 20 from Dach, Roy and Newhook.

I believe that Montreal can remain rather strong on the backend going forward, even without Guhle:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Eiserman - Dach - Sharangovich
Newhook - Beck - Roy
Tuch - Xhekaj - Coronato

Hutson - Reinbacher
Matheson - Engstrom
Xhekaj - Mailloux
Struble
I knew all that. I also made the possible lineup yesterday. That's why I wrote Not Sure....It's a tempting offer but to imagine losing Guhle (a future #1 or 2) and Lindstrom...It's something to think about as a team.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I knew all that. I also made the possible lineup yesterday. That's why I wrote Not Sure....It's a tempting offer but to imagine losing Guhle (a future #1 or 2) and Lindstrom...It's something to think about as a team.
There's just no certainty that we get Lindstrom at #5

Reactions: Beer and Chips

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Let's say Hughes puts a package like this.

WPG first #25 + Barron + AVS 2nd 2024 + Farrell

Would you want to go up in the Draft or get a player top 9.

Like going early mid first between #12 to #15
Or getting a player like Quinn or Holtz.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Would anyone here do Anderson @4 mil + Barron + 26 + 2025 2nd + Tuch for Marner at whatever the Leafs need to make him to make the cap work? Feels like he'd be our missing piece in the top 6. Would work well with a bigger guy like Slaf or Dach. I don't actually think he gets traded but fun to think about.

• Haha
Reactions: Egresch

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Let's say Hughes puts a package like this.

WPG first #25 + Barron + AVS 2nd 2024 + Farrell

Would you want to go up in the Draft or get a player top 9.

Like going early mid first between #12 to #15
Or getting a player like Quinn or Holtz.
That's likely not enough for either, or to move up. Barron doesn't carry much value and neither does Farrell.
Would anyone here do Anderson @4 mil + Barron + 26 + 2025 2nd + Tuch for Marner at whatever the Leafs need to make him to make the cap work? Feels like he'd be our missing piece in the top 6. Would work well with a bigger guy like Slaf or Dach. I don't actually think he gets traded but fun to think about.
Toronto can get more easily.

Reactions: Runner77

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Trade deadline Stone and Eichel didn't return that much either. We are strictly speaking about one year of Marner here.
Stone returned a top prospect, a 2nd and something else. There's no top prospect there.

Eichel returned Alex Tuch which is worth more than that offer.

So again, there's nothing there.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
He was, if you followed things...

And so you just destroyed your own point by him not being a rental...
Yikes. If you ''followed things'', you'd have known Brannstrom had subpar draft+1 and draft+2 seasons and was very much a depreciating asset (small defenseman without elite point production). And for Eichel the point was that star players don't often return as much as fans think they should. And Sabres fans were very disappointed with the return back then if you remember correctly. If you think you are a better ''evaluator'' of value, then tell me what should be a fair deal for one year of a star winger on a NMC. Also, you can use Hall as an example too.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Why give up assets for one year of Marner? I doubt he re-signs with the Habs, and the team will not be a contender next season even with him.

Reactions: HABitual Fan

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
You do not touch Marner.. he is a cancer to his team. soft soft soft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad