GWT: EPL - Matchweek 35

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Just as much a foul by Ederson as by Boly
Yep. And yet those are given as a foul by the attacker like 99.99% of the time.

Part of me wishes they'd just codify it to something like the NHL does and call the 6 yard box a "crease" and if you touch the keeper in there it's a foul, but if it's outside it he's just a regular defender.

Reactions: luiginb

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Man Forest was really giving it a good effort but I suspect this end up like 4-0 at minimum.

This was never gonna be the game for City to drop points. Our only hope is…gulp…Spurs…in the penultimate fixture.

And even if City had by some miracle dropped points today, it would be very Arsenal for us to slip on a banana peel in one of the random remaining fixtures after pulling ahead by some divine intervention.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
This is the worst I have seen Man City playing in years. No way, they can keep winning the league with that current core.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The fact that one of our fullbacks and both other attackers had a grand total of 0 passes to the striker says a lot about how poorly coached the team is.
I'd say it's more an issue of the wingers inability to pass in general (que the "Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass." meme). There's been a number of games where Rashford, Garnacho and Antony COMBINED managed one pass to Hojlund in a half/game. It's been visible in Hojlund's reaction when in counters he's making the runs no one's passing to him and he's visibly venting it out. I think this is more a talent or lack of IQ/awareness/selfishness issue than a coaching issue. Rashford in general seems to refuse to pass when he should.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'd say it's more an issue of the wingers inability to pass in general (que the "Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass." meme). There's been a number of games where Rashford, Garnacho and Antony COMBINED managed one pass to Hojlund in a half/game. It's been visible in Hojlund's reaction when in counters he's making the runs no one's passing to him and he's visibly venting it out. I think this is more a talent or lack of IQ/awareness/selfishness issue than a coaching issue. Rashford in general seems to refuse to pass when he should.
When things like that happen occasionally, you can blame players making bad decisions.

When it happens consistently game after game despite different rotations of players, it starts to look a lot like they're not being coached well on what to look for and not being held to account for their mistakes.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
When things like that happen occasionally, you can blame players making bad decisions.

When it happens consistently game after game despite different rotations of players, it starts to look a lot like they're not being coached well on what to look for and not being held to account for their mistakes.
I think the issue all this season has been that it's hard to hold players accountable for in-game actions because they know they're going to play anyway due to the injury situation. There's no competition for spots because there's no options.

• Haha
Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
City lost Ederson at half time too, but they keep getting those wins.
Yeah I mean the rest of this season is just going to be if Arsenal’s luck was enough to triumph vs City’s muscle memory. Both are strong forces. Will see how it goes

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Yeah I mean the rest of this season is just going to be if Arsenal’s luck was enough to triumph vs City’s muscle memory. Both are strong forces. Will see how it goes

Why is Arsenal considered lucky? Not even a rhetorical question. What's the actual logic behind it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad