Would the Devils consider trading Schneider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
You ignored his core point, which is Cory being as good as he is helps the development of our young defense, which would have insane +/- do to their learning curve with an average goalie in net.

You're telling me that our defensemen can't compartmentalize their play? They need an all star goalie to develop? Surely, you aren't going there. For example, Tyler Myers looked just fine to me this playoffs after being subjected to goals galore in Buffalo.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If anything Myers disproves your point, he was terribad the last couple years in Buffalo before getting on a good team in a lesser role.

btw five of the top six defensive teams are in the second round, it's still okay to lean on defense and goaltending.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
If anything Myers disproves your point, he was terribad the last couple years in Buffalo before getting on a good team in a lesser role.

btw five of the top six defensive teams are in the second round, it's still okay to lean on defense and goaltending.

And Dallas, Columbus, and San Jose were the only 3 teams in the top 16 offensively that didn't make the playoffs period. Maybe both offense AND defense are important? :)

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Schneider is a top 6 goalie in this league. He was solely responsible for at least 10 of our wins last year, and he's locked up for six more at a very reasonable salary. I don't care where we are in our development, the only way I trade him is if I'm getting a good NHL goalie and an elite forward coming back. Tarasenko and Allan, Malkin and Fleury. I'd also consider packaging him for McDavid providing Scrivens comes back. Nothing less.

BlueMagic

Oct 19, 2014
Schneider is a top 6 goalie in this league. He was solely responsible for at least 10 of our wins last year, and he's locked up for six more at a very reasonable salary. I don't care where we are in our development, the only way I trade him is if I'm getting a good NHL goalie and an elite forward coming back. Tarasenko and Allan, Malkin and Fleury. I'd also consider packaging him for McDavid providing Scrivens comes back. Nothing less.

I've traveled all the way from St. Louis to tell you that you have lost your mind.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
why can't people comprehend the difference between fair value vs. what it would cost a team to trade a player?

the Devils have no reason to trade Schneider. obviously, Tarasenko is worth more than him all things considered. thats not the point, though.

not a hard concept to grasp.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
why can't people comprehend the difference between fair value vs. what it would cost a team to trade a player?

the Devils have no reason to trade Schneider. obviously, Tarasenko is worth more than him all things considered. thats not the point, though.

not a hard concept to grasp.

about as cut and dry as you can get.

blues wont' trade tarasenko and allen for cory. and we won't trade him for anything less.

don't see the need to post this on the blues board, either. we're discussing what it would take for the devils to part with cory -- something blues fans both don't care about, nor know enough about to give a fair two cents.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
also, you went to their board saying that we think tarasenko and allen is an "adequate return" for cory.

wrong. it's egregious overpayment. but that's what it would take. we're not moving schneider for an "adequate return."

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I've traveled all the way from St. Louis to tell you that you have lost your mind.

Like others have said, it's an overpayment. But we're not trading Schneider. Every GM has that kind of over-pay or nothing attitude towards their core players. Schneider is our best player, and I'm sick of him not getting enough respect from our own fans.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
another aspect of it is, we all (me included) complain about our players walking for nothing. we have a player that WANTS to be here and signed longterm. that should mean something.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
another aspect of it is, we all (me included) complain about our players walking for nothing. we have a player that WANTS to be here and signed longterm. that should mean something.

Bingo. Another reason why he should be untouchable. Want to make this a toxic place for free agents to come to, or our own players to stay?

Trading away the stars we have who want to be here is a great way to do that.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Bingo. Another reason why he should be untouchable. Want to make this a toxic place for free agents to come to, or our own players to stay?

Trading away the stars we have who want to be here is a great way to do that.

He does have a good attitude and wants to be here and for that I am thankful. My argument about the value of goaltending somehow seemed to end up with the thinking that I disliked Cory somehow. That isn't the case at all.

GhostofKenKlee

Did someone get a nice pat on the head and treat for relying their version of a Schneider trade to the Blues board to some how validate their opinion...oy vey...

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Did someone get a nice pat on the head and treat for relying their version of a Schneider trade to the Blues board to some how validate their opinion...oy vey...

And given that I'm diabetic I really appreciated them making the treat sugar free...

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
What about this? Not quite Tarasenko but a very good young player. I can predict the opinions but I don't think it's in lala land. I'd probably ask for a little more though considering Merrill is in there too.

http://thehockeywriters.com/3-potential-edmonton-oilers-off-season-blockbusters/

no_michael_bluth.gif

No Friggin Way

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Give us McDavid and they can keep Sievens. Just sign Niemi as a UFA.

Sievens is a disgrace to the goaltending position as a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad