Would the Devils consider trading Schneider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
why are you so hell-bent on moving schneider for a sack of crap?

Just trying to establish what a realistic deal involving Cory could be given what players might really be available (i.e. not the Tarasenko stuff from before that would absolutely never happen) and other teams needs. What's better? Making it Hall instead? Removing Merrill? I said I'd want a little more.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Just trying to establish what a realistic deal involving Cory could be given what players might really be available (i.e. not the Tarasenko stuff from before that would absolutely never happen) and other teams needs. What's better? Making it Hall instead? Removing Merrill? I said I'd want a little more.

you're not going to find one.

we're not selling cory, period. and no team is going to cough up the overpayment required to obtain him.

not sure where the catch here is for you. what don't you understand.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What about this? Not quite Tarasenko but a very good young player. I can predict the opinions but I don't think it's in lala land. I'd probably ask for a little more though considering Merrill is in there too.

http://thehockeywriters.com/3-potential-edmonton-oilers-off-season-blockbusters/

That suggested Oilers trade is awful too. We get marginally better at forward (Eberle does not replace Zach despite what the article says) and get much worse both in net and we lose one of our better defensive prospects.

It is lala land because this and the Blues suggestion fails to note that Cory is more important to us then the offer is.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Would not trade Cory Schneider for Jordan Eberle nonetheless Merrill and Schneider for Jordan Eberle and some guy I never heard of. To me that has gigantic mistake written all over it in neon letters.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

The Tarasenko stuff would absolutely never happen, but trading Schneider will absolutely never happen. There is no realistic deal, it's not happening.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Would not trade Cory Schneider for Jordan Eberle nonetheless Merrill and Schneider for Jordan Eberle and some guy I never heard of. To me that has gigantic mistake written all over it in neon letters.

Not even if they throw in Joey LaBarbera? I hear he's good brah, better than Jason LaBarbera!

That trade is a joke. No offense.

GhostofKenKlee

The trade offer from the Oilers forgot to add Vaseline coming back to Jersey. Eberle and Joey Zazza and Vaseline for the Cory and Merrill.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Let's say we get Eberle for Schneider.

Then our starting goaltender is that POS Sievens. Eberle gets 50-60 points yeah, then Sievens allows 50-60 more goals than Cory would in a season. Is the trade really worth it? Nope. It's a wash at best.

And if you think Sievens poor play is a product of Edmonton (because he had some hot streak with LAK the season before), then you didn't watch him play enough this season.

He averaged one bad per game this past season in the game I watched or saw highlights in. I'm still laughing at how Drew Remenda seemed to call him out every night.

Don't let the LA hot streak fool you, Sievens is an NHL BACKUP at best. No business being a starter on even one of the worst teams in the league. Buffalo's goaltenders were better than him this year. Even Blimpback was better for Buffalo than Sievens was for Edmonton.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
The only realistic offer for Cory is a true superstar, and no team is going to pay that so Cory stays right here.

While it may appear that I like to beat my head against a wall, since that's the prevailing opinion here then the matter is closed as far as I'm concerned. Go Cory!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There is an argument to be made that their is a median line where a lot of goalies hang out stat wise and makes middle of the road goalies a dime a dozen.

The problem is it just doesn't apply to us. Cory is on a level above this mean. He is in the Price, Henry, Rask, Quick levels.

Not only because his stats are amazing, but also because he has been doing it consistently.

Guys like Dub, the Hamburgerler are lightning in a bottle. You don't know when some random tender is going to catch fire.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Who the hell is Joey LaBarbera?

Undersized and offensively dynamic defenseman that just finished his senior year at Denver University. He is one of the best defenseman in college hockey and has been for 3 +years. People question his size and weather his game will transition successfully to the pros. I don't think it will but he isn't a prospect to laugh at

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There is an argument to be made that their is a median line where a lot of goalies hang out stat wise and makes middle of the road goalies a dime a dozen.

The problem is it just doesn't apply to us. Cory is on a level above this mean. He is in the Price, Henry, Rask, Quick levels.

Not only because his stats are amazing, but also because he has been doing it consistently.

Guys like Dub, the Hamburgerler are lightning in a bottle. You don't know when some random tender is going to catch fire.

Exactly. Sievens was last seasons hot streak goaltender of the year. Remember how impressed people were because he shut us and the Rangers out back to back on the road? And his 59 save shutout against the Sharks right after he was sent to Edmonton?

This year he looked like what Grant Fuhr would look like if dragged out of retirement right now. And many people wouldn't be upset if this was our starting goaltender?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Undersized and offensively dynamic defenseman that just finished his senior year at Denver University. He is one of the best defenseman in college hockey and has been for 3 +years. People question his size and weather his game will transition successfully to the pros. I don't think it will but he isn't a prospect to laugh at

He is in that trade proposal from your report since Merrill already is playing a pro game, and Cory is a superstar.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND

We are spoiled and used to it is the problem. The guy started 69 games with a .925 save percentage and 2.26 gaa on a team that is picking 6th overall, that is absolutely amazing especially with how young our defense was and how bad he started the year.

To me he is the only untouchable player on our team

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
He does have a good attitude and wants to be here and for that I am thankful. My argument about the value of goaltending somehow seemed to end up with the thinking that I disliked Cory somehow. That isn't the case at all.

Because your only response to the rebuttal of why Cory shouldn't be traded is that he is not an elite goalie and think he can be adequately replaced by Keith Kinkaid. So, I wonder why people might think you don't like him.

Meanwhile, Cory has been the best statistical goalie (as per FMASC) since the 2011 season, and when we make it back to playoffs, we will have no goalie controversies, no wondering who's playing and no one else to either praise or blame for their performance.

I will put my money on Cory coming through for us when that time comes.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Taylor Hall and 2015 First Round Pick (From Pittsburgh) to Tampa Bay for Andrei Vasilevskiy and Slater Koekkoek

that is so awful for EDmonton lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad