Would the Devils consider trading Schneider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Blues fans here and I have been looking around at what we are going to do now and one name I have thought of getting is Cory Schneider? Any chance the devils would trade him or is he untouchable for you guys?

I was thinking a package of Oshie + Elliott + Picks/Prospects would be enticing enough for NJ to atleast entertain the idea of it, do you guys agree?

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Blues fans here and I have been looking around at what we are going to do now and one name I have thought of getting is Cory Schneider? Any chance the devils would trade him or is he untouchable for you guys?

I was thinking a package of Oshie + Elliott + Picks/Prospects would be enticing enough for NJ to atleast entertain the idea of it, do you guys agree?
Not even in the right ballpark.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Lou's philosophy is to build a team from the net out, focusing on goaltending and defense first, so I doubt that he would trade Schneider for Oshie plus.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
He's almost untouchable (no one ever is completely). But, we have a young up and comer in Kinkaid if you want to make an offer. I'd hate to lose him because our goalie situation is pretty locked down for a while now. But, if the return is good enough we can move him and sign a veteran backup.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

:laugh: nice try

if you want Schneider, you probably are looking at Tarasenko for Schneider and Clowe or something like that to get Lou to even consider

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I was thinking there might be something here last night as I watched the Blues bust again in the playoffs – they absolutely need someone like Schneider and are rather deep elsewhere to be able to swing a deal.

If the Devils were to really commit to a rebuild, maybe Lou would consider trading Schneider for Allen and some high picks/prospects & hope Allen or Kinkaid can develop into a high end starter over the next 2-3 seasons as the Devils become competitive. Of course, that would never happen – but given where the Devils are with their offense right now it’s tough to see them really competing for a playoff spot in the next season or two (unless Lou really works some magic this offseason).

The Blues would be smart to at least explore Schneider's availability as solidifying the goaltending might be the easier route to go this offseason vs. blowing up the team (though many core players have been disappointments in the playoffs).

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
honestly, as much as I criticize Lou, I'm glad he locked Cory up early

can you imagine what a team like the Blues would offer him this summer?

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Allen + Tarasenko + 2nd for Cory + Zubrus and I'd entertain the thought.

I hope you're not being serious. Any team that trades a potential Art Ross trophy winner for a goalie (at least one without any proven playoff success) should have it's head examined.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I hope you're not being serious. Any team that trades a potential Art Ross trophy winner for a goalie (at least one without any proven playoff success) should have it's head examined.

and the same could be said for any team that trades their newly-locked-up, top-5 starter for anything less than a potential art ross winner, especially since we gave up a top-10 pick for him.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

The assumption was the Devils would consider it per the thread title and OP. Why don't you start with the criticism there.

I simply stated what it would take for me to consider it.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
and the same could be said for any team that trades their newly-locked-up, top-5 starter for anything less than a potential art ross winner, especially since we gave up a top-10 pick for him.

I don't see that at all, but I'm not going to argue about it anymore. There are too many examples to list of ways to find quality goalies for next to nothing. There are practically no ways to find 80+ point players besides drafting high or just getting lucky.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I don't see that at all, but I'm not going to argue about it anymore. There are too many examples to list of ways to find quality goalies for next to nothing. There are practically no ways to find 80+ point players besides drafting high or just getting lucky.

forgot that that's your stance on cory.

95% of this board would demand tarasenko. anything less and we get bent over.

GhostofKenKlee

Someone should tell the Blues that or for that matter, teams looking for elite goalies.:shakehead

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
forgot that that's your stance on cory.

95% of this board would demand tarasenko. anything less and we get bent over.

Neither team would do it; I'm pretty comfortable saying that.

Either way, we need offense and besides the #6 pick, I wish I knew where it was coming from. We either need to trade a defenseman or two or Schneider (which I know is unpopular here and I won't push it anymore).

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Someone should tell the Blues that or for that matter, teams looking for elite goalies.:shakehead

The problem with that theory is that no goalie is "elite" until he does it in the playoffs IMO. The Blues are proof that using regular season stats as your guide to whether a goalie can hack it when the pressure's on is not a good premise. That's not a knock on Cory. Just how I view the position in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad