Would it be a failure if your team lost in the first round of the playoffs?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
To be fair, I'm shocked the Bruins have been as decent as they have. I think making the playoffs after losing your top 2 centers is a success.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
The only way i can answer is that even though I fully expect a first round exit, it will still be disappointing. The disappointment will be the result of managements stubbornness to effect the significant change the years of unsatisfactory results clearly indicate should be made.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Considering that, at the beginning of the season, it was questionable if we would even make the playoffs... one and done wouldn't be the worst outcome. Based on their play this year though, I hope for at least two rounds.
But overall, as a couple of others here have said, so long as we play good hockey and maybe take away some experience we can build on, a first round exit won't have me punching walls.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
In our quest to go back to back.... definite failure.

Based on our play since mid November I think making the playoffs would be a success :sarcasm::laugh::laugh:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's all relative.

Was the team expected to be a bottom-fiver? No. Was the team expected to be a cup contender? Yes.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
After the deadline additions by Chevy.......first round elimination, for the Jets, would be a real fail.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The Rangers could lose and it would not be that discouraging as they will definitely be much better -bigger-meaner -more experienced and deeper overall with the kids getting seasoned this year and Lafreniere poised for an 80 pt season and Cuylle on the verge of a breakout along with Miller /Schneider?Kakko . The addition of another young stud in Othmann or Berard along with possibly Perreault joining them for the playoffs all will help. The sky will be the limit .

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
depends. if a young team makes it but loses its not really a failure of a season but if that continues year after year then yes 100%
after like 3 years of 1st round exits for sure then.

if your a team that goes all in and loses in the 1st round..... failure. like Boston last season.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
getting knocked out in the first round 6 years in a row is acceptable but a 7th year. That would be unacceptable. 👀 👀

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
If you’re not LA, Nashville, Philly or Detroit/NYI/Washington, the answer has to be yes.

Boston could also be a no considering their core is on their last legs and their monumental collapse last year
As a Kings fan, a first round exit would be a disappointment. We've already lost the last 2 first rounds.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
As a Kings fan, a first round exit would be a disappointment. We've already lost the last 2 first rounds.
And losing to a team that you've beaten 2 years in a row(and looks to be the match up for a 3rd time) would be a disappointment. But, it's bound to happen sooner or later.
The Canucks would be the best match up for the Kings since they have the 9th best record in the west since the Lindholm trade(but they look to be getting Nashville 🤣)

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I mean, if you're stupid you would probably ask that question. Now are you stupid or are you smart?
You are a very pleasant person lol
I do not think questioning if anyone in Florida cares is a stupid question. They are a southern market and the Stanley Cup finals they played in last year had a 43% drop off in viewership from the previous years final but you are the smart guy. lol

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I mean, if you're stupid you would probably ask that question. Now are you stupid or are you smart?
Yeah, I think I have my answer. Good luck with all of that.
You are a very pleasant person lol
I do not think questioning if anyone in Florida cares is a stupid question. They are a southern market and the Stanley Cup finals they played in last year had a 43% drop off in viewership from the previous years final but you are the smart guy. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad