Would it be a failure if your team lost in the first round of the playoffs?

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I feel as a Jet fan if they lose in the first round the season will be a failure based on their current spot in the standings and player signings.
I realize a few good teams will not make it past it but it will still sting no matter how or why they get knocked out in the first round.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Not in the slightest!

1710641237533.jpeg

Reactions: NVious

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Definitely not.Boston has no top line Centre and not many teams pull off what they have minus that.

If you’re not LA, Nashville, Philly or Detroit/NYI/Washington, the answer has to be yes.

Boston could also be a no considering their core is on their last legs and their monumental collapse last year
Name me core on last legs ?

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
Losing in the first round would mean the Habs made the playoffs, which would be a miracle at this point.

So, it would be a good thing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Feels weird, but I think the bar for Tb this year is just getting in. I dont think anyone expects to win a round, so I wouldn't consider it a failure. The mighty have fallen.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
If you’re not LA, Nashville, Philly or Detroit/NYI/Washington, the answer has to be yes.

Boston could also be a no considering their core is on their last legs and their monumental collapse last year
With the futures LA has traded away the past couple seasons, a third straight first round exit would absolutely be a failure. And I would expect Blake to be out.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
It would be an accomplishment for the Caps to just make the playoffs with their roster, though you could make a case that they ought to be lightly tanking instead of trying for a WC2 spot and a one-and-done playoff appearance.

I'm trying to be happy they're playing well and figure it would be a good experience for their young players. I'm trying not to think of all those good prospects at defense available in the first 7-10 picks this year. So there's ambivalence.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Sort of, yeah.

The Rangers aren't that good imo but the East is really bad and it's hard to see them drawing a really terrible matchup.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad