GDT: World Series: Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I am speechless other than wanting to fight Joe Buck for saying that might have been Freeman's last AB for us which could be depressingly true.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I am speechless other than wanting to fight Joe Buck for saying that might have been Freeman's last AB for us which could be depressingly true.
2019 Rendon gave Nats a title before he left.
2021 Freeman potentially leaves but gives Braves a title.

Meanwhile with Astros, 2020 Springer leaves after a game 7 AlCS heart break. 2021, Correa leaves potentially with a WS heart break. I told myself this year I was fine with Correa leaving if it meant a WS but nope, just a tease.

Alvarez finally gets a meaningless hit lol

Reactions: Canes

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Smoltz is such a miserable human being. I am still wondering why he gets to call any kind of baseball game with relevance. He needs to work the college baseball or MiLB circuit before coming back.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I hope the Astros come close to relevance again after this.

This is karma coming back to avenge that world title you stole

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Hawks nearly made the NBA Finals, Braves gonna win the World Series and UGA are gonna win the National Championship.
Finally some good sports fortune for my state

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
As a Dodgers fan this is bittersweet. I wish it was LA playing this game six and getting their revenge. On the other hand I'm happy for the Braves and their fans. Suck it, cheaters!!!

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
So incredibly happy for Ron Washington

Scumbags can't win a title without cheating. Enjoy your one tainted WS title astros fans

Congrats to all the Braves fans here

Reactions: Voight

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I remember when Ronald Acuña went down. The attitude was really somber. To go from that to world champions is quite an achievement. Well done Atlanta.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
To AA and Snit:

happy-gilmore.gif

Other than that I am speechless. There's really not much to be said that hasn't been said already.

Crying right now, Braves last won a World Series when I was the same age as my daughter. And thankfully election day allowed her to sleep in to stay up for this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad